Lessons in Beauty TSV 5/8/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Er, well for a start when has nail polish be it clear or coloured mineral?

It looks like cheap crap to be honest. Way back in the 80's UltraGlow did the mix this with clear polish for colour and lipgloss too. Too much farting about as
well.

I seem to remember this company being in Castle Court Belfast about two years ago. Watched them pushing the stuff hard sell too and moved on quickly.

yea i wondered that. The pots of colour are the minerals.

donna255
It looks like cheap crap to be honest. Way back in the 80's UltraGlow did the mix this with clear polish for colour and lipgloss too. Too much farting about as
well.

That's exactly what I thought donna255. Why bother with all that messing about? Now we have a million colours for our nails. Thought that beautiful model Nalintha? looked overdone like one of Harald (Pompoos) Glock's advert models.
The whole presentation, last night, was awkward and I still can't remember seeing any of the products close-up. No wonder Julia was sweating. She was working like a Trojan to pull the whole thing together. Wonder if AY steered clear of this stuff.

I think this make-up range will go very well with Pompoos:wink2:

Honestly QVC really are losing site of their market and their customers, or is it just me?

Do they think we are all drag artists?

PS No offence to drag artists intended.:cheeky:

The lady doing the make up made me LOL she can't seem to decide whether she can see better with her glasses on or off, she send me proper giddy when I watched her this morning. IMO if the make up was any good AY would have launched it. I don't think it will catch on.

The whole presentation, last night, was awkward and I still can't remember seeing any of the products close-up. No wonder Julia was sweating. She was working like a Trojan to pull the whole thing together. Wonder if AY steered clear of this stuff.

I thought so too Scouser, it was very awkward & Julia seemed awfully quick (& glad!) to say '.....moving on to.....' when it came to the next product!
I didn't like her make-up at all, very stark & flat & I agree Nalintha looked like something from a fashion shoot, totally OTT!
OK for 'party eyes' maybe.....if it stays on but definitely not for me & I couldn't even see the DD who does love experimenting with colours willing to faff about to that extent with the stuff!

I bought a few bits form a stall at Bluewater a few years ago , I am not sure if it was this make. It was in similar pots and you could use it for lips and nails too. it was not cheap but altthough the pots were small you only needed a tiny bit.

I watched the launch last night !, it seemed to me to be more "show bizzy" than normal, and whilst it would look great for pop stars etc the normal (well me !) people would look too made up at least during the day !...

I loved the looks on their faces when a T caller said she'd been using it since it arrived in the UK 2 years ago; just minutes after Julia announced that this was their UK launch.

Q: How can they use the bronze pigment powder for brows (as the bloke stated) without ending up with sparkly brows?

http://www.ultraglowshop.co.uk/acatalog/Ultra_Glow.html scroll down to see the ultraglow mineral shimmers at £4.84 per pot or 3 for £12.67 (they deliver v promptly too - I like the magic lips)

What's the betting this will disappear mid-afternoon without selling out?

Jude

jill had a freudian slip this morning...she said sth like these are stackable and that's the best feature of the range... 'too right' i said.

I won't be buying this one *polishes halo*

The lady putting the make-up on reminded me of Jan Springer

Just watched the video. OK, the lady putting on the makeup seems very familiar. I'm sure I've seen her on television before...but acting in dramas. Am I imagining this?

Cheap looking market-stall crap. Bad move, QVC. Try listening to your customers for a change, and stop bringing us low-end tat at high-end prices. Get some decent beauty and skincare ranges in before even more customers call it a day.

Cheap looking market-stall crap. Bad move, QVC. Try listening to your customers for a change, and stop bringing us low-end tat at high-end prices. Get some decent beauty and skincare ranges in before even more customers call it a day.

Looked like an explosion in a glitter factory to me. Might be ok if you are young and fresh faced but the last thing I need is glitter highlighting my laughter lines thank you very much!

infantile.
circa: 1972 barry m shop low end chemist bought with my pocket moneywhen i was 12....
99p a pot...ughh!!!:cash:

Couldn't agree more - what a load of rubbish.

I don't think QVC take any notice of their customers' comments whatsoever, they are just out to rip us off and will continue to do so to boost their big fat obscene profits!!

Latest posts

Back