Leighton Denny TSV 20thApril

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had no intention of buying it until I saw the colours on Nina, by that time it was limited so I jumped to the phones, damnit. They'd better look at least half as good on me, since I don't actually want/need miracle mist, topcoat or a tack-a-rama pink bag.

Does anyone have any tips (no pun intended) for painting the contrasting French tips a la Leighton, freehand or otherwise? I like the idea of pink over orange but I can't imagine how it would turn out if I tried it.

@snarly: they also have Seche Vite in a triple, which is even better value. You're right, it's the best.

I didn't buy but then again I had no intention of for the reasons I gave yesterday however I managed to see a small bite of the presentation that was repeated in the 7.00am hour before I left for work. Did hear LD say that he had "let his marketing team come up with the bag so he could not take all the credit for it!". I know that I commented that the bag looked tacky and seeing the latest posts here know that this has been commented on by others too. I also know there were comments removed from fb - whether they were about the bag or not I don' know. But just want to say that I think commenting live on TV about it and blaming someone else for it is really low. My opinion of LD has changed dramatically. Even if it was his PR people who were removing negative posts from fb this was LD himself who made this comment and he would have been wise to just keep quiet.

Getting down from soap box now. *jump*

To paint a tip, the best method I've found is to rest your hand on a table (turn it so the hand is east-west in front of you with the thumb closest to you), touch the loaded polish brush at the outer edge of the nail's free edge (I find it's easier to start at the edge furthest away from you). Instead of moving the brush, hold it steady and roll the finger away from you. This gives a smoother action than trying to move the brush. Practise before you do a colour tip over coloured polish as there's no way to correct it.

Jude xx

I didn't buy but then again I had no intention of for the reasons I gave yesterday however I managed to see a small bite of the presentation that was repeated in the 7.00am hour before I left for work. Did hear LD say that he had "let his marketing team come up with the bag so he could not take all the credit for it!". I know that I commented that the bag looked tacky and seeing the latest posts here know that this has been commented on by others too. I also know there were comments removed from fb - whether they were about the bag or not I don' know. But just want to say that I think commenting live on TV about it and blaming someone else for it is really low. My opinion of LD has changed dramatically. Even if it was his PR people who were removing negative posts from fb this was LD himself who made this comment and he would have been wise to just keep quiet.

Getting down from soap box now. *jump*

I didn't watch any of the shows. I used to really admire Leighton for the way he stuck to his guns when he didn't like something or thought it was not the image he wanted to portray, but recently he has changed and is just in it for the money now regardless of the quality.

I like Leighton Denny. He might not always get it right but he's only human. And I've never seen anyone else present any of his shows. He's always there.

He clearly liked the pink bag and I saw that bit where he said he couldn't take all the credit. I don't think he was passing the buck at all. He seemed to be sharing the credit.

I saw that too tinkerbelle and he wasn't passing the buck with regards to the case, he simply commented that he'd left it to them to his marketing team to come up with a case.

Tacky,pink,garish whatever it's a free bag that will come in ****** handy for me and my ever growing stash!

Was thinking of getting a black marker pen and drawing a load of lips on it.................................pass it off as me new Lulu Guiness!!:wink:

It's been shipped as well!:ninja:

I loved the orange colour, but it would have been a waste to buy the TSV just for that one. Also I have had previous issues with LD polishes not lasting five minutes on me. Today in town, I bought the OPI, 'A roll in the Hague', which is a fabulous orange. I have never bought OPI before, as I always thought the colours were a bit boring, but I love this one. happy days!

OPI have a new cast in the new beauty item thread that may help with storage

I can't find it, could you help please?

I cant find the new storage case from OPI on the new beauty items thread
but I do know that it is black and not as tall as the others

It wasn't on the thread yet. There is no photo up yet but here is the link to it

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.201223

When he paints the nails they always look fab. Nina looks lovely her hair,makeup and clothes are great but i don't think she has a sense of humour she seems so serious. I have heard AY make some bitchy comments to her and poor Nina always looks upset by the comments.

Got mine today, I really like all the colours although the pale pink looks more pink than it did on my tv, the only one I wasn't that .brilliant was the orange, but when I showed my 18 year old she pulled that out and said she loved it so all good! Did have to stop her putting it on straight away as we have my nan's funeral on Monday( actually some nice nail varnish really cheered me up as she was like my 2 nd mum but, that makes me a bit sad doesn't it?)
Anyway the bag isn't too bad and it will be useful for all my growing collection of nail varnish :)

Doesn't make you sad at all sausage. Bless your lil heart. I'm the same. A new lippie or a new nail varnish can seriously brighten my day. Sorry to hear about your nan. Lots of love.

I don't watch LD as A) I've never been into his brand - I'm an OPI girl. B) I don't like the way he was on this forum.C) I don't like hearing about how he was on FB.In my book,someone like that doesn't get my custom.

However I did watch one his shows on the TSv day and it must have been about 6/7 pm with Julia.He actually came across very well.I didn't like the name dropping FAB award (and he'd done with no courses!!) - but he was quite honest that the case wasn't his idea - he didn't invent the crystal nail file.He made me laugh a bit when JR got a bit above her station and he told her her No,when Julia's on,its all about Julia!!! And then she made some cat scratching noises lol.I didn't watch the whole show,but he came across well and knowledgeable with some good tips.

@Sausage So very sorry to hear about your Nan (((hug))). Maybe wear her favourite colour (or yours!) on your toenails on Mon. A secret between you and her! Thinking of you, cariad (beloved in Welsh)

Got mine today, I really like all the colours although the pale pink looks more pink than it did on my tv, the only one I wasn't that .brilliant was the orange, but when I showed my 18 year old she pulled that out and said she loved it so all good! Did have to stop her putting it on straight away as we have my nan's funeral on Monday( actually some nice nail varnish really cheered me up as she was like my 2 nd mum but, that makes me a bit sad doesn't it?)
Anyway the bag isn't too bad and it will be useful for all my growing collection of nail varnish :)

Its funny about orange nail polish. A year or two ago, I would never have looked twice at it for painting my nails. Now I seem to have gone mad on the colour. Waiting for the Tangarine kipling TSV, and yesterday buying the OPI orange polish, which is lovely. Tinkerbelle is right, a new nail polish or lipgloss cheers me up too.

PS I am sorry about your nan.

I often wear pink and I adore orange toe nails with fuschia or dark pink peep toe shoes or sandals. It looks so much better than I ever thought it would. So try that orange on your toes before you decide it's not for you.

I love orange accessories. I rarely wear orange clothes though. My fave orange nail polish is OPI. Either a "good man-darin is hard to find" or one that I think is just called juicy.

Thankyou for all your kind wishes, your kindness is very touching, my nan was 97 she was a lovely little welsh lady( welsh wishes warmly felt) she was a 'tweeny' and then a house maid ( her sister was a mais for George Bernard Shaw - random fact for you!)and didn't hold with a lot of fuss but will do my toenails red as when I was a teenager I died my hair bright red and she was dumbstruck, she laughed after but , she did remind me a lot of being happy with what god gave me! ( should have seen her when she saw my tattoo!)

Photo of the case is on the website now!

It is cheaper from QVC than Lena White, it is £56.99 there.

I have a very similar case by OPI that I got from QVC a few years ago. Although it's a great case it takes up lots of space for the amount of polishes it actually holds and was very expensive.

At the risk of sounding "tacky", I've got to say that the LD case is perfect for my extra polishes although I would have preferred a colour choice and really don't see the point of the mirror.

Latest posts

Back