Leighton Denny TSV 16/3/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It a clever way of getting us to buy items we individually wouldn't buy or already have. Very attractive packages, the autodelivery means that if you want a later drop you need to get the earlier ones too. I must say I am extremely tempted too. I would like receiving the package but when I think logically there isn't anything in the first drop I really need or even want.

If it's a fun price I will buy as it will be fun to receive but if the price is steep I will have to be strong and resist. As there will be no easy pay I would think they will try to keep the price attractive.

Nail varnish sets are usually delivered by Hermes which makes it easier to refuse delivery, which means no cost to get a refund for a particular drop whether its the first, second or last. Even if you reject the first drop the auto-delivery won't be cancelled unless you request it.

It a clever way of getting us to buy items we individually wouldn't buy or already have. Very attractive packages, the autodelivery means that if you want a later drop you need to get the earlier ones too. I must say I am extremely tempted too. I would like receiving the package but when I think logically there isn't anything in the first drop I really need or even want.

If it's a fun price I will buy as it will be fun to receive but if the price is steep I will have to be strong and resist. As there will be no easy pay I would think they will try to keep the price attractive.

its £29.98 + post which is about average for his tsvs

Does this contain the top coat? I'm unsure of what the clear bottle is? My opi base/top coat is thick and gloopy so hope I can replace that x

This looks great, I'm a sucker for a nice nail polish collection & his are always nicely presented so a a bit of a treat. Liking the fact that one drop contains the foot things for a change.

That clear bottle is definitely the "New and improved" Crystal Finish top coat. I love mine.

Ooh perfect thanks :) defo going to get this them as I need the top coat and file anyway, plus I use handcream a lot too, will be nice to try some spring colours as I always go for dark colours x

That clear bottle is definitely the "New and improved" Crystal Finish top coat. I love mine.

AndiK, does this dry quickly like the Nails Inc top coat? Only I think the Nails Inc one lately just doesn't seem as good to me and am looking around for a better one.

AndiK, does this dry quickly like the Nails Inc top coat? Only I think the Nails Inc one lately just doesn't seem as good to me and am looking around for a better one.

Hi, Anna. In my experience, Nails Inc was always a bit quicker maybe. Well, the Kensington Caviar I have had in the past was good but I've not bought a bottle in a while so maybe they have changed the formulation if you are finding it not as good? Or do you mean that Gel Effect top coat from Nails Inc? I quite liked that at first but it soon went thick in the bottle and then it took aeons to dry. Leighton said his New & Improved Crystal Finish (not so new now actually - it came out at least 2 years ago) is faster drying than the original Crystal Finish and I tend to agree. To be honest, I like the NI KC and the LD CF equally. But I think the shiny finish on the LD lasts longer on me.

Wish you hadn't asked? I never use 10 words when 100 will do!

Hi, Anna. In my experience, Nails Inc was always a bit quicker maybe. Well, the Kensington Caviar I have had in the past was good but I've not bought a bottle in a while so maybe they have changed the formulation if you are finding it not as good? Or do you mean that Gel Effect top coat from Nails Inc? I quite liked that at first but it soon went thick in the bottle and then it took aeons to dry. Leighton said his New & Improved Crystal Finish (not so new now actually - it came out at least 2 years ago) is faster drying than the original Crystal Finish and I tend to agree. To be honest, I like the NI KC and the LD CF equally. But I think the shiny finish on the LD lasts longer on me.

Wish you hadn't asked? I never use 10 words when 100 will do!

Hi Andik, thanks for your reply. I have been using the NI Kensington Caviar for many years and just recently find it not as good - that could just be me though! I think I will give the LD CF a go when I finish the NI bottle I am using at present, as I like the sound that the shiny finish may last longer.

Hi Andik, thanks for your reply. I have been using the NI Kensington Caviar for many years and just recently find it not as good - that could just be me though! I think I will give the LD CF a go when I finish the NI bottle I am using at present, as I like the sound that the shiny finish may last longer.

Definitely worth giving the Crystal Finish a go. If you like most of the rest of the TSV collection, you won't even be paying much for the CF so it's a great way to try it.

Definitely worth giving the Crystal Finish a go. If you like most of the rest of the TSV collection, you won't even be paying much for the CF so it's a great way to try it.

I am going to see what the colours look like on the day re the TSV - I recently purchased Leighton's Click,Click,Flash,Flash and it is a fab colour - going to put it on again this week.

I am going to see what the colours look like on the day re the TSV - I recently purchased Leighton's Click,Click,Flash,Flash and it is a fab colour - going to put it on again this week.

Same here - I have far too many nail polish colours really but seeing the LD sets on the day can easily persuade me to buy more! The TSV colours look a bit different and I like the bag. We'll see.

Amazingly, I don't have Click, Click, Flash, Flash!

Same here - I have far too many nail polish colours really but seeing the LD sets on the day can easily persuade me to buy more! The TSV colours look a bit different and I like the bag. We'll see.

Amazingly, I don't have Click, Click, Flash, Flash!

I am with you on having too many colours - but I can never resist another one.

Click click flash flash is half price in M & S as are some of his other colours. It does look a great shade x

I bought mine from M & S a while back. Just checked online and it is £6.50 - thank you Letz-be-avenue I may buy it again!

Latest posts

Back