Leighton Denny comeback?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My fingernails have always been prone to splitting & flaking regardless of my healthy diet & the amount of care they receive. I only use products that are cruelty free & don't contain palm oil, after a lot of searching I've now found quite a number so I can mix & match without them getting used to one item. I don't like feet, unless they belong to babies & cats, & do a complete pedicure every week with daily maintenance because I never want to be in a situation where my feet would be seen looking a revolting mess. I found your third sentence very interesting; I reached 61 without having any MH issues, I grieved when our first baby died & when my parents passed within months of each other but my mental equilibrium remained. However, the first lockdown, & losing my niece & a friend when their operations were cancelled, flattened me. I knew that I had to keep doing the things I'd always done because if I didn't I'd feel even worse, it sounds shallow but maintaining my nails, eyebrows & hair gave me focus & decorating the outside made the inside feel better.
As someone who lives (don't like suffers) with MH (confession!!!!yikes!!) issues, part of getting better is having strength & disclipline & good support systems & I can hear that T has these. I don't have 2 out of 3. It is really hard.
Not sur ewhat else to say really, this comment just 'happened' & now I'm 'having a moment'. Oh dear.

My friend sent me this years ago.

Attachments

• 1621863160210.jpeg
    1621863160210.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 128
My fingernails have always been prone to splitting & flaking regardless of my healthy diet & the amount of care they receive. I only use products that are cruelty free & don't contain palm oil, after a lot of searching I've now found quite a number so I can mix & match without them getting used to one item. I don't like feet, unless they belong to babies & cats, & do a complete pedicure every week with daily maintenance because I never want to be in a situation where my feet would be seen looking a revolting mess. I found your third sentence very interesting; I reached 61 without having any MH issues, I grieved when our first baby died & when my parents passed within months of each other but my mental equilibrium remained. However, the first lockdown, & losing my niece & a friend when their operations were cancelled, flattened me. I knew that I had to keep doing the things I'd always done because if I didn't I'd feel even worse, it sounds shallow but maintaining my nails, eyebrows & hair gave me focus & decorating the outside made the inside feel better.

Think my MH issues are I don't produce enough of the right chemicals that I need. I've always equated it to a diabetic not producing enough insulin. I was "walking out" with a diabetic at the time and it was the easiest way to get him to understand. Also if I take a break they kick in much quicker than the doctors expect, sorry the tablets I take. I've not taken them much for about 3 months. And it's a downward slope that sort of feeds itself. It started because I needed to wash my tablet box out and I like it to dry in the sun, sort of "bleach/sanitise/ extra clean sort of thing. It rained for a few days then and I got out of the habbit.

I've deleted the War & Peace rant about things best kept out of public forums.

Edit... I'm OK I've been on this roundabout for years. Just sometimes it is harder than others. I've seen two doctors in the past six months well telephone appointments. One put in my notes I was a beauty therapist - I was a very senior computer programmer (9++ languages including Fortran and Informix for any other geeky nerd here), I'm not knocking a beauty therapist they have skills I don't, but they aren't called out to get a nationwide banking system fixed at 3am. The second doctor sent me for tests that don't exist and the clinic is closed. Between them so many basic facts were wrong, age, occupation, address, my medication, etc. And my GP tells me I don't respect doctors. I don't respect anyone with responsibility and they do a crap job.

I am sorry all. I'm just so angry and feel I can't do anything.

Last edited:
I never had problems with my nails until my thyroid diagnosis, not sure if it is the condition or the medication that caused my nails to peel and become detached from the nail bed but it was quite depressing in a way.
I tried everything that I could think of including LD and Nail Envy. Whilst using Nail Envy I had horrendous flare ups around my eyes, had to see another consultant for that 🙄 It was obviously an allergic reaction to something so after ruling out as much as I could I emailed QVC for a list of ingredients, they didn't reply so I contacted Nail Envy and one of their people sent a list of ingredients and told me that some people are allergic to particular items. Stopped using it and everything cleared up.
Still had the problem with the nails though. Last year youngest Twirlette went camping to Norfolk and bought me home a gift set from the Norfolk Lavender Farm at Heacham. There was a little pot of Lemon and Lavender Nail Balm and since using it at bedtime my nails are the best that they have been in over 13 years! She is going again later this year and I intend to ask her to get a few pots for me.
That’s interesting. I’m on thyroid meds too & my nails are in the same state, per,ing, cracking & one permanently detached from the nailbed except for the bottom quarter of an inch. I’m eighteen months overdue for the blood test, our GP surgery doesn’t even answer the phone since the first February lockdown last year.
PennyPitStop, I’m beginning to go along with your lack of respect for doctors after recent experiences. Phone not picked up at my surgery.My husband was told by his GP, in a phone consultation never having seen him, new GP, that he suspected cancer from a symptom that turned out to be nothing of the sort & a recent bad fall landed me eventually in A&E after a week of hardly being able to move, with what my physio daughter in law is convinced are cracked vertebrae, to be told take paracacetemol & rub in Deep Heat. I’m still trying to get an X-ray as really struggling.

As someone who lives (don't like suffers) with MH (confession!!!!yikes!!) issues, part of getting better is having strength & disclipline & good support systems & I can hear that T has these. I don't have 2 out of 3. It is really hard.
Not sur ewhat else to say really, this comment just 'happened' & now I'm 'having a moment'. Oh dear.
🥰🥰

Think my MH issues are I don't produce enough of the right chemicals that I need. I've always equated it to a diabetic not producing enough insulin. I was "walking out" with a diabetic at the time and it was the easiest way to get him to understand. Also if I take a break they kick in much quicker than the doctors expect, sorry the tablets I take. I've not taken them much for about 3 months. And it's a downward slope that sort of feeds itself. It started because I needed to wash my tablet box out and I like it to dry in the sun, sort of "bleach/sanitise/ extra clean sort of thing. It rained for a few days then and I got out of the habbit.

Edit... I'm OK I've been on this roundabout for years. Just sometimes it is harder than others. I've seen two doctors in the past six months well telephone appointments. One put in my notes I was a beauty therapist - I was a very senior computer programmer (9++ languages including Fortran and Informix for any other geeky nerd here), I'm not knocking a beauty therapist they have skills I don't, but they aren't called out to get a nationwide banking system fixed at 3am. The second doctor sent me for tests that don't exist and the clinic is closed. Between them so many basic facts were wrong, age, occupation, address, my medication, etc. And my GP tells me I don't respect doctors. I don't respect anyone with responsibility and they do a crap job.

Well here's a big virtual hug.🥰🥰

That’s interesting. I’m on thyroid meds too & my nails are in the same state, per,ing, cracking & one permanently detached from the nailbed except for the bottom quarter of an inch. I’m eighteen months overdue for the blood test, our GP surgery doesn’t even answer the phone since the first February lockdown last year.
PennyPitStop, I’m beginning to go along with your lack of respect for doctors after recent experiences. Phone not picked up at my surgery.My husband was told by his GP, in a phone consultation never having seen him, new GP, that he suspected cancer from a symptom that turned out to be nothing of the sort & a recent bad fall landed me eventually in A&E after a week of hardly being able to move, with what my physio daughter in law is convinced are cracked vertebrae, to be told take paracacetemol & rub in Deep Heat. I’m still trying to get an X-ray as really struggling.
Sorry to hear this...PALS?
Hang in there.xxx

Sorry to hear this...PALS?
Hang in there.xxx
Hugs also from me to Penny & Breeze.

PP you don't have to be sorry about anything 💐The way you've been treated is appalling & if I'd had to put up with that I'd have made an official complaint because too many get away with giving less than adequate help & it seems to me they don't give a flying fig about the effect this has on people.

What a lovely comment 💐 I've written on here before that my parents gave me a wonderful childhood & I had a grandmother who provided the magic; any strength I have came from them & I think that I'm fairly disciplined by nature. My Mr T & I have been together since we did A levels, he's the calm one who balances my flowery dramatics & even manages to get me onto a plane, now airports are the place where my strength disappears, along with my appetite 🤢

That's horrendous & similar to something I was told in October 2017 by an FY1 who was doing her GP bolt-on at our surgery. After her announcement she told me to arrange my scan, the hospital told me that I needed a referral & when I couldn't get one they bent the rules & called me in. After the result came through (negative) I talked to the practice manager & said that I didn't want this woman to start her career with an official complaint on her record but that someone needed to talk to her about scaring the wits out of patients. Can you return to A&E at a time when it may be quiet & do a dying duck so that they'll x ray to see what's wrong? Issues like that need to be dealt with before they cause further ones & let's face it they're not doing us a favour as we pay for the service.

A friend back in 2019 showed me a lump she had, and I said that is a hernia. Oh, I did ask questions about it? Did tell her to see her doctor and off she went. So the female doctor decided to send her for tests as it could be cancer. My friend of course was worried sick waiting for the scan appointment and then the results. A few months later she got the result and yes it was a hernia. This young doctor scared the crap out of a woman thinking she might have cancer just to be on the safe side.

I never had problems with my nails until my thyroid diagnosis, not sure if it is the condition or the medication that caused my nails to peel and become detached from the nail bed but it was quite depressing in a way.
I tried everything that I could think of including LD and Nail Envy. Whilst using Nail Envy I had horrendous flare ups around my eyes, had to see another consultant for that 🙄 It was obviously an allergic reaction to something so after ruling out as much as I could I emailed QVC for a list of ingredients, they didn't reply so I contacted Nail Envy and one of their people sent a list of ingredients and told me that some people are allergic to particular items. Stopped using it and everything cleared up.
Still had the problem with the nails though. Last year youngest Twirlette went camping to Norfolk and bought me home a gift set from the Norfolk Lavender Farm at Heacham. There was a little pot of Lemon and Lavender Nail Balm and since using it at bedtime my nails are the best that they have been in over 13 years! She is going again later this year and I intend to ask her to get a few pots for me.
If underactive, it will be the cause. Your hair goes thin and so do your nails. I had an overactive and my hair and nails grow really quickly.

I’m not new to this forum, and I have been lurking in the background but never posted until now. This forum is a great wealth of information for QVC and has been really helpful to me during lockdowns, I live alone, and I’m disabled and very high risk. I have hardly been out of my house for over a year, other than hospital and doctor appointments, so shopping tv has not only been company for me, but a bit of a lifeline too and finding out about bargains on here has been a big help to my purse, so thank you. I was wondering if anyone might know if Leighton Denny is returning to QVC? I’ve noticed that some members on this forum can find out about new collections a long time before they go on sale, so can anyone find any of his nail polish collections? He is teasing a comeback on his social media pages in a cryptic way, so I thought it wouldn’t do any harm to ask on here. I hope I’ve posted this in the right place. I miss his shows and met him at a QVC beauty event about 8 years ago, and he was so kind and spent so much time with me. I will try to post on here more now I have built up the confidence to join. I wish everyone a peaceful weekend. Thanks for reading my first message.

Speak soon,

Jenni x
Welcome Jenni ! 😀 it is so lovely here. I’ve never been anywhere as long as I’ve been here ..people so friendly helpful and caring xx

A friend back in 2019 showed me a lump she had, and I said that is a hernia. Oh, I did ask questions about it? Did tell her to see her doctor and off she went. So the female doctor decided to send her for tests as it could be cancer. My friend of course was worried sick waiting for the scan appointment and then the results. A few months later she got the result and yes it was a hernia. This young doctor scared the crap out of a woman thinking she might have cancer just to be on the safe side.

If underactive, it will be the cause. Your hair goes thin and so do your nails. I had an overactive and my hair and nails grow really quickly.
Yes I do have an underactive thyroid, trust me to have the type that can cause weight gain as well! 😄

I haven't read this thread for a while, but to all of you suffering MH problems, a huge virtual hug from me, too. At least you're strong enough to admit it. I had a friend of many years who was always eccentric and we all knew we were on eggshells all of the time. What came out many years later after a family crisis was that she'd been treated for schizophrenia since early adulthood but they'd kept it quiet, I think now, knowing them as I did, because of the shame. If only her friends had also known, in retrospect, we'd have been different and not looked on her as just being awkward at times. An illness is an illness, whatever it is, and society needs to be aware of this.

As for GPs - sorry, lads and lasses, you've lost every ounce of respect I ever had for you. Every last ounce. You may be the most caring person in the world and work very long hours but because of your response to covid when hospital staff and essential workers were laying their lives on the line, you're bottom of my pile, not just the doctor pile, either, and that won't change. I have a good memory.

Welcome Jenni ! 😀 it is so lovely here. I’ve never been anywhere as long as I’ve been here ..people so friendly helpful and caring xx
Thank you May, I feel very welcome here. x

The range definitely had a short stint on TJC after if left Q, but I don't think Leighton ever appeared himself, although Nina did appear a few times to demo the range.
Yes, I watched the shows on this channel with Nina, but Leighton didn't appear in person, only on videos they played on the show, and they didn't do nails then, though.

Nope - it's formaldehyde free. As you say, so many things have it in. And, it actually seems to work - after having tried a million treatments that do nothing.View attachment 21287

Great minds...:)
I got this in a special set from QVC but it peeled off my nails in a couple of days and seemed to make them drier than before so I went back to LD's cream and little buffer file set.

Here is their website. There is an enquires phone number too.

I haven't read this thread for a while, but to all of you suffering MH problems, a huge virtual hug from me, too. At least you're strong enough to admit it. I had a friend of many years who was always eccentric and we all knew we were on eggshells all of the time. What came out many years later after a family crisis was that she'd been treated for schizophrenia since early adulthood but they'd kept it quiet, I think now, knowing them as I did, because of the shame. If only her friends had also known, in retrospect, we'd have been different and not looked on her as just being awkward at times. An illness is an illness, whatever it is, and society needs to be aware of this.

As for GPs - sorry, lads and lasses, you've lost every ounce of respect I ever had for you. Every last ounce. You may be the most caring person in the world and work very long hours but because of your response to covid when hospital staff and essential workers were laying their lives on the line, you're bottom of my pile, not just the doctor pile, either, and that won't change. I have a good memory.
I don't have the best GP in the practice but they are working so hard at the moment. One of ours got Covid and is just back to work, very, very part time after 11 months of Covid. Very brave people

All hugs always welcome. Virtual ones count.

I'm from South Wales and we have a Cwtch. It's like a hug but better as it is a known solution for so many problems.

I physically explained this to a mate once. A hug, a squeeze and a cwtch. Nothing sexual involved but it is like a great big blanket all over you. Not every one can cwtch but apparently I can.

There was a series on radio years and years ago about Welsh words, well a mix of English and Welsh ie Wenglish and cwtch was defined there. But so was a special version of cwtch that only Mothers and Fathers have.

Attachments

• download (6).jpeg
    download (6).jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 101
I’ve also got an underactive thyroid and am on levothyroxin. My nails are long but are certainly drier than they used to be and I occasionally get a vertical split down them. I don’t know if that’s down to the thyroid issue or the non-stop hand washing. I use the Nails Inc remover pots to take off nail varnish but have noticed recently that the nails look dull when they’re bare. I’ve now started using OPI avoplex oil to see if that works.

It might also sound a tad unorthodox but, if one develops a split, I use superglue to close it while it grows. 😳 It works for me anyway. 😉

All hugs always welcome. Virtual ones count.

I'm from South Wales and we have a Cwtch. It's like a hug but better as it is a known solution for so many problems.

I physically explained this to a mate once. A hug, a squeeze and a cwtch. Nothing sexual involved but it is like a great big blanket all over you. Not every one can cwtch but apparently I can.

There was a series on radio years and years ago about Welsh words, well a mix of English and Welsh ie Wenglish and cwtch was defined there. But so was a special version of cwtch that only Mothers and Fathers have.
How lovely. So many of us have been denied that safe place. We haven't seen our older daughter & her family since before the first lockdown; last summer we were told that we could see them but only from our car, later in their garden, I couldn't do this this which means I still haven't met our youngest grandchild. They're having their first jab on Sunday, we're both doubled, so my Mr T said that when we're all done we'll have a party in our garden & make up for missing all the celebrations, their response was that until covid has been reduced to something similar to the common cold there won't be any physical contact but meals out in a place of their choosing would be acceptable. ACCEPTABLE!

How lovely. So many of us have been denied that safe place. We haven't seen our older daughter & her family since before the first lockdown; last summer we were told that we could see them but only from our car, later in their garden, I couldn't do this this which means I still haven't met our youngest grandchild. They're having their first jab on Sunday, we're both doubled, so my Mr T said that when we're all done we'll have a party in our garden & make up for missing all the celebrations, their response was that until covid has been reduced to something similar to the common cold there won't be any physical contact but meals out in a place of their choosing would be acceptable. ACCEPTABLE!
Eh? WTF? Was this in an email? Who wrote it - her or him? Meals out 'in a place of our choosing' ????? Will you have to pay the bill as well as travel down there?

Has your daughter 'gone off' you? (I can't think of any other way to write this - don't be cross) Might you be being 'punished' for something? And surely a garden is safer than a public 'place of their choosing' with plebs?

Latest posts

Back