Leighton Denny comeback?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How lovely. So many of us have been denied that safe place. We haven't seen our older daughter & her family since before the first lockdown; last summer we were told that we could see them but only from our car, later in their garden, I couldn't do this this which means I still haven't met our youngest grandchild. They're having their first jab on Sunday, we're both doubled, so my Mr T said that when we're all done we'll have a party in our garden & make up for missing all the celebrations, their response was that until covid has been reduced to something similar to the common cold there won't be any physical contact but meals out in a place of their choosing would be acceptable. ACCEPTABLE!
Oh Twi, I am so sorry this is still going on. It seems very cruel, both to you and Mr T, but also to their kids. This alone would be enough to mess with your mental health, without any of the other shocks you experienced. 🐻hug.

That's horrendous & similar to something I was told in October 2017 by an FY1 who was doing her GP bolt-on at our surgery. After her announcement she told me to arrange my scan, the hospital told me that I needed a referral & when I couldn't get one they bent the rules & called me in. After the result came through (negative) I talked to the practice manager & said that I didn't want this woman to start her career with an official complaint on her record but that someone needed to talk to her about scaring the wits out of patients. Can you return to A&E at a time when it may be quiet & do a dying duck so that they'll x ray to see what's wrong? Issues like that need to be dealt with before they cause further ones & let's face it they're not doing us a favour as we pay for the service.
This was a really considerate, thoughtful way of dealing with that FY1. Not ignoring something which clearly needed dealing with, but equally not going in there shouting and screaming, making a huge scene and making the FY1 feel that she was some terrible person. Lovely.

This was a really considerate, thoughtful way of dealing with that FY1. Not ignoring something which clearly needed dealing with, but equally not going in there shouting and screaming, making a huge scene and making the FY1 feel that she was some terrible person. Lovely.
Thank you 💐

Eh? WTF? Was this in an email? Who wrote it - her or him? Meals out 'in a place of our choosing' ????? Will you have to pay the bill as well as travel down there?

Has your daughter 'gone off' you? (I can't think of any other way to write this - don't be cross) Might you be being 'punished' for something? And surely a garden is safer than a public 'place of their choosing' with plebs?
She said it to her dad but I think it was a joint decision. Because it's a fairly long journey for small children we've always been the ones to do the travelling & every time we've gone out for meals we've paid - even when it was my Mr T's 60th. She must have 'gone off' me, we have gone from being a mum/daughter who talked several times a week, were each other's best shopping partner & laughed a lot to not having anything to say to each other. I don't know if I'm being punished but do know that I don't recognise the person she's become.

Oh Twi, I am so sorry this is still going on. It seems very cruel, both to you and Mr T, but also to their kids. This alone would be enough to mess with your mental health, without any of the other shocks you experienced. 🐻hug.
Thank you, I can't see it ever being resolved & there's only so many times that I can make the first move.

I don't have the best GP in the practice but they are working so hard at the moment. One of ours got Covid and is just back to work, very, very part time after 11 months of Covid. Very brave people
Ours hasn't opened its doors since March last year. Patients have to queue outside to arrange whatever they need, they've stopped all screening & clinic appointments & the pharmacy staff open a window & post the medication out. There are 30,000+ patients registered & it's always been difficult to get an appointment, I'd like to know what the staff are doing as they're definitely not doing their jobs.

****! Common Cold??? They will have a long ****** wait. They will need you before you need them and their cold-hearted response will come back to bite them on the arse!
Absolutely! I think that the lockdowns have given them the perfect excuse to ignore us & our other daughter. It's been nearly 6 months since my husband was told he had tears in both retinas & I've never been asked how I'm feeling & no interest has ever been shown in our 'local' granddaughter & I can't see it being any different when the baby due in the summer is born. They appear to be perfectly happy in their bubble.

Absolutely! I think that the lockdowns have given them the perfect excuse to ignore us & our other daughter. It's been nearly 6 months since my husband was told he had tears in both retinas & I've never been asked how I'm feeling & no interest has ever been shown in our 'local' granddaughter & I can't see it being any different when the baby due in the summer is born. They appear to be perfectly happy in their bubble.
I've been reading your posts regarding your daughter for quite a while Twilight and I always get a real sense of unease with the way things have turned out. I really do hope things manage to work out for you all in the end, but do you think there could possibly be a degree of coercive control happening between your daughter and her husband?
I do hope I'm wrong, but it seems that the change happened after she met/married him.

I've been reading your posts regarding your daughter for quite a while Twilight and I always get a real sense of unease with the way things have turned out. I really do hope things manage to work out for you all in the end, but do you think there could possibly be a degree of coercive control happening between your daughter and her husband?
I do hope I'm wrong, but it seems that the change happened after she met/married him.
I'm fairly certain that you're right & it's being exercised at a subliminal level. She has a career, lots of friends & adores her children but all they are also part of his life; we, on the other hand, belong to her past. I can only keep the door unlocked.

Oh Twilight, I am so sorry to read all this. A place of our choosing would be acceptable, indeed! You never know, they may have taken some sort of offence or just not be bothering much, but I do think you cannot underestimate the effect that lockdown has had on some people. So maybe there is no offence meant. Although were I in your place I can assure there would have been a lot of offence taken! As you say, all you can really do is leave the door open to any approach they decide to make as and when, and in the meantime just carry on in your own space.

Thank you for the love and care you've shown me in this post. I took the bull by the horns and complained about the doctor that that sent me for tests that didn't exist. Yes referring me for tests that don't exist. Anyway I ranted and those that know me on FB know - hell I can rant when I want/need. I've been a bit more restrained here.

Result. Consultant has phoned me and we've gone through it all. While there are "some" treatments available I've now got a detailed treatment plan not all the issues are solvable. Was on the phone for over an hour.

I'm now fatigued, as I have chronic fatigue syndrome as a special "side order" along with everything else.

So thank you for your support, virtual hugs, I feel understood and you must be skilled to understand me when I'm in this screwed up, knotted tangle. It is not you job/duty to support me through health issues in this forum so that means even more. Thanks to each and everyone of you for your likes, hugs, comments. Big thank you. X

She said it to her dad but I think it was a joint decision. Because it's a fairly long journey for small children we've always been the ones to do the travelling & every time we've gone out for meals we've paid - even when it was my Mr T's 60th. She must have 'gone off' me, we have gone from being a mum/daughter who talked several times a week, were each other's best shopping partner & laughed a lot to not having anything to say to each other. I don't know if I'm being punished but do know that I don't recognise the person she's become.
I'm so sorry for you, Twi. You've always come across as quite a practical, stoical sort of person (qualities which I like greatly), but it must still hurt like hell. Just how unfair and unnecessary it all is.

I agree with Mr Marple on this - the husband clearly seems to have some issues, and possibly has a bit of a nefarious influence. I admire how you deal so calmly and equably with this - as you say 'all you can do is leave the door open'. And hope that she begins to realise the value of what she is throwing away.

It is not you job/duty to support me through health issues in this forum so that means even more.
That's what's so great about this forum - people genuinely care and are interested in their fellow forumites. Glad things seem to be moving forwards for you regarding your treatment options.

I don't have the best GP in the practice but they are working so hard at the moment. One of ours got Covid and is just back to work, very, very part time after 11 months of Covid. Very brave people
All I can say is, lucky you. No way would I describe any of the GPs in our locality as "brave", let alone "very brave". You're hard pressed to find anyone near here who has a good word to say about them, in fact, you don't ever hear that. And if you have actually seen that rare species, the GP, face to face, I and thousands of others are in awe. I had to have a dressing changed and was told off by the sister for being there when I should have gone to A&E. Whose time, presumably, would have been much better spent changing my dressing than saving the lives of people with covid. None of their so-called care-in-the-community clinics have run for well over a year so people with long-term conditions aren't monitored at all, let alone referred for treatment. I and countless others am disgusted by these overpaid so-called guardians of public health and want to know what they are actually doing in lockdown - apart from sitting in an office, speaking on the phone and diagnosing from just a patient's photo. My mother was trained to diagnose from the colour and firmness of the skin, the tongue, the eyes, the general demeanour of the patient - how can they do that over the phone? That's not brave, that's cowardly, avoiding risk to themselves at all costs.

Twilight, I really feel that. You're probably at a loss to know what has caused your daughter to react like that, knowing that sometimes you just can't change things. But it's really painful for you and I think we all share that. ❤️

A huge thank you to everyone for your comments today & on previous occasions. My moaning is threatening to become like the washing of dirty laundry that Mr H Sussex indulges in & I'm determined to never get like that ❤️ to all of you.
Oh, no-one could ever be as self-indulgent and navel gazing as Prince Harry and his silly wife are. No worries there!

All I can say is, lucky you. No way would I describe any of the GPs in our locality as "brave", let alone "very brave". You're hard pressed to find anyone near here who has a good word to say about them, in fact, you don't ever hear that. And if you have actually seen that rare species, the GP, face to face, I and thousands of others are in awe. I had to have a dressing changed and was told off by the sister for being there when I should have gone to A&E. Whose time, presumably, would have been much better spent changing my dressing than saving the lives of people with covid. None of their so-called care-in-the-community clinics have run for well over a year so people with long-term conditions aren't monitored at all, let alone referred for treatment. I and countless others am disgusted by these overpaid so-called guardians of public health and want to know what they are actually doing in lockdown - apart from sitting in an office, speaking on the phone and diagnosing from just a patient's photo. My mother was trained to diagnose from the colour and firmness of the skin, the tongue, the eyes, the general demeanour of the patient - how can they do that over the phone? That's not brave, that's cowardly, avoiding risk to themselves at all costs.

Twilight, I really feel that. You're probably at a loss to know what has caused your daughter to react like that, knowing that sometimes you just can't change things. But it's really painful for you and I think we all share that. ❤️
I agree with you 100%. My mum's GP suspected that she had cancer but it was when he looked at her fingernails that he got things moving really quickly. he said that he'd been trained to look at the whole patient.

R

I‘m with you all the way, Crystal, it’s just the same round here. Our GP surgery hasn’t even picked up the phone since February last year. To even get a repeat prescription you have to ring another larger surgery in another town who two years ago came under the same banner as our village surgery. They receive countless complaints about ours not answering the phone & say they don’t know why as “ there’s definitely people in there”.. I’m eighteen months overdue for a blood test for my meds. Rang & rang to no avail. Then out of the blue a lady rang me from another village surgery twenty miles away! Reminded me I needed one & SHE sent me the form that I now have to take to the nearest hospital thirty miles away to have a blood test that my GP surgery used to do annually, will be two & a half years since my last check. Clap for them.....not for the GPs in this area. I’ve heard from a physio friend that the staff at the hospital are sick to death of them not doing their job so they end up overworked, dealing with things they shouldn’t need to.

I'm fairly certain that you're right & it's being exercised at a subliminal level. She has a career, lots of friends & adores her children but all they are also part of his life; we, on the other hand, belong to her past. I can only keep the door unlocked.
I think that I would be inclined to change the locks! And there's me a practising Christian as well!
As you know, we have been through similar with eldest Twirlette - twice. Our circumstances have changed regarding it all but we still feel as if we have to be on our best behaviour with her.
Heaven forbid we mention the other grandchildren too much or we have been accused of favouritism in the past.
I pray that things improve for you, but as Mr Twirl says, don't waste what is left of your life waiting on her because you never know how long you have left.
Sorry to sound morbid but it's true.

I think that I would be inclined to change the locks! And there's me a practising Christian as well!
As you know, we have been through similar with eldest Twirlette - twice. Our circumstances have changed regarding it all but we still feel as if we have to be on our best behaviour with her.
Heaven forbid we mention the other grandchildren too much or we have been accused of favouritism in the past.
I pray that things improve for you, but as Mr Twirl says, don't waste what is left of your life waiting on her because you never know how long you have left.
Sorry to sound morbid but it's true.
Not morbid at all. I love that new kitty photo, we've had several black & whites & I love a tuxedo cat ❤️

I too have followed the sad tales of Twilight and Twirl. I agree with mr marple that a manipulative partner might be slow dripping poison behind the scenes. You both seem big hearted women and I hope your wayward offspring wake up soon and realise that life really is short and when it’s too late (may you both live to 100!!) the regrets are very painful indeed.

I too have followed the sad tales of Twilight and Twirl. I agree with mr marple that a manipulative partner might be slow dripping poison behind the scenes. You both seem big hearted women and I hope your wayward offspring wake up soon and realise that life really is short and when it’s too late (may you both live to 100!!) the regrets are very painful indeed.
Thank you.

Hello everyone, I think I have done something wrong when I set up my account on here, I keep receiving emails about things that are nothing to do with my original question? Please can anybody tell me how to turn them off. Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm new to this sort of website. Thank you in advance for any help. Leighton has posted on facebook again and he's filming a video so it is looking like he is coming back to QVC!!! Love, Jenni. x

Latest posts

Back