Laura Geller TSV - Beauty Day 26/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ethereal Rose is so much nicer than the spangly highlighters like the ballerina one from the XmasTSV; it worked as a blusher on fair skins and seemed to work well as skin enhancer for deeper skin tones (which is what it was originally designed for). I think Laura was surprised when pale folk like me loved it as a blusher; US cosmetics companies don't really get how pale we can be, esp in the winter! She has it on her own site so it must be QVC's decision not to stock it, the wazzacks!

Yes, I use it as a blusher. It's perfect when you're vampire pallid.

I`m just watching and was interested in the Laura Geller Supersize Tahitian Baked Body Frosting All Over Face & Body Glow for my pasty legs never been brave enough to do any type of spray tan ...so because it was described as a hero product and JF said she has been using it for years I went to look at the reviews for it and there`s not a one I find this funny considering its been on sale for so long!!

I ain't going to buy have 2 bb on stand by . I like the look of the blush if anybody is selling that :)

I've gone for it. The colours look right for me which many more coffee or brown toned kits haven't been.
I also like the fact that it was said the eyeshadow is matt instead of sparkly.

I`m just watching and was interested in the Laura Geller Supersize Tahitian Baked Body Frosting All Over Face & Body Glow for my pasty legs never been brave enough to do any type of spray tan ...so because it was described as a hero product and JF said she has been using it for years I went to look at the reviews for it and there`s not a one I find this funny considering its been on sale for so long!!

It was saying "New Today" which may mean it's got a new item number, so no reviews yet - SCW can probably confirm this. Lots of reviews on the US site: http://www.qvc.com/Laura-Geller-Tahitian-Glow-Baked-Body-Frosting-and-Puff.product.A91863.html?sc=A91863-&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-18-_-A91863&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/63/a91863.001?$uslarge$ I have this from a previous TSV and its a very gentle tan http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-B....202074.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-21-_-202074 ; softer than the big compact. I don't know if they're meant to be the same, but they're still appearing on ebay.

My 19 year old wore this for her prom 3 years ago and she loves it: http://www.qvcuk.com/Doll-10-Golden...tml?sc=AZMHB&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-21-_-206351 She's just bought a second one in the Original option - so not to bad at a tenner per year. It goes on dry and DD uses a self tanning mitt to apply it rather than the brush (which I kept for myself. Ha ha!). It didn't transfer on to her pale coloured prom dress.

I don`t use LG stuff but I watched the midnight show and what on Earth was wrong with Laura ? She seemed so hurried and was applying makeup as if she was plastering a wall. There was a concealer crayon which was trowelled on so thick it resembled putty underneath the model`s eyes and one model had pink teeth after she`d slapped on the lip gloss and another nearly had her eye poked out with a mascara wand. Laura usually seems quite calm when demonstrating but not last night. Mind you I don`t think working with JF was helping.

I don`t use LG stuff but I watched the midnight show and what on Earth was wrong with Laura ? She seemed so hurried and was applying makeup as if she was plastering a wall. There was a concealer crayon which was trowelled on so thick it resembled putty underneath the model`s eyes and one model had pink teeth after she`d slapped on the lip gloss and another nearly had her eye poked out with a mascara wand. Laura usually seems quite calm when demonstrating but not last night. Mind you I don`t think working with JF was helping.

I don't think this is just last night that she's not always great at applying the makeup live on air. Personally, I think it's because she hasn't put lenses on and isn't then wearing glasses. When she's wearing glasses, I think her makeup technique improves. I suppose if she flew over yesterday, she's probably not able to get her lenses in (assuming she wears them) and to look her best for the launch, she didn't want to wear glasses. I know I'm projecting a little bit here. All the other models should look pretty good, as Johnny and Sarah will have had time to spare to get the look 100% right.

Oh. I wear gas permeable so don't have that problem.

However, if I was going on national TV to demonstrate make up, I would make sure I could see!!

Flying always leaves me seriously dehydrated (balancing act between drinking enough water and not having to go to the loo every five minutes). It's even uncomfortable blinking after that for me. If you're putting in lenses, it's extremely difficult, in my experience, to get them in if you don't have a decent amount of tear to allow them to float. When they stick to your eyes, you don't get good vision, and they are very uncomfortable - and taking them out... <shudders>. I'm not saying Laura's experience will be identical to mine, but it's possible it's similar.

I suffer with dry eye and can` wear contact lenses and she said she has it in her right eye so that's maybe why she has to use her glasses

Just caught JF saying the TSV was terrific value for £9.99. Er yes, it would be but it is four times that price. It does annoy me when they say that about the first EP. We are not stupid Jill. I don't know why so many of them say that.

It didn't sell well, only Porcelain is on wait list the other colours didn't sell.
Edit: just noticed it has seven 5* reviews already

It didn't sell well, only Porcelain is on wait list the other colours didn't sell.
Edit: just noticed it has seven 5* reviews already

Well there was Five 5 star reviews before the Launch which is pretty stupid as nobody had even received it.

On the Laura Geller Fb page many of the members are already selling items from the Tsv and they are supposed to be die hard LG fans so doesn't say much for the Tsv IMO.

Her TSVs are just so samey, fatigue eventually sets in. No-one needs B&B four times a year.

I'd blame QVC, tbh. They always want to include best sellers. I think the only thing LG could do to break out of that stranglehold would be to make a new foundation product that is sufficiently different and with enough oomphf behind it to make it a mega seller. Can't see that happening tbh. BM seems to have stolen the march in developing other foundation products which have a point of difference - and the marketing effort they put into it is pretty big.... LG would need to be widely available in UK to be able to match that.

Latest posts

Back