Laura Geller TSV - Beauty Day 26/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear I know I'll be torn, but having returned 3 of the last TSVs I will have to be impressed to justify ordering. The latest batch of blushers and eye shadows haven't been a patch on the old swirly baked products. I've also got enough in the way of primers and Balance & Brighten to last about 5 years. Perhaps I should go out for the day...unless they repeat the free P&P Beauty Day postage from years ago!

Last couple of beauty days featured easy pays for everything shown on air, not free postage. I suspect the same will happen again this year. Free postage would be good though.

Wasn’t there a speculation that this one may be the most recent USA TSV with a bag?

Any idea if we are going to see the Liquid Radiance?
http://www.qvc.com/Laura-Geller-Baked-Liquid-Radiance-Foundation-with-Brush.product.A261856.html?sc=A261856-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-12-_-A261856&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/56/a261856.001?$uslarge$#divProductDetailsCustomerReviewWrapper

I'm getting close to needing more b&b but I really don't want more brown eyeshadows. I'd love to see soft greys and greens for a change. I will watch with interest and might go for it. If it's the beauty day tsv it might be too good to pass on. Hopefully...

Wasn’t there a speculation that this one may be the most recent USA TSV with a bag?

Any idea if we are going to see the Liquid Radiance?
http://www.qvc.com/Laura-Geller-Baked-Liquid-Radiance-Foundation-with-Brush.product.A261856.html?sc=A261856-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-12-_-A261856&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/56/a261856.001?$uslarge$#divProductDetailsCustomerReviewWrapper

Apparently there won't be the bag

On Facebook they've said the TSV is
11108952_10153190557796322_9133977576043216039_n.jpg
but with a Spackle instead of the bag.

It must be the QVC law that every TSV has a Spackle...

Sorry, did you mean without the bag with the Spackle instead? I’m sick of Spackle just want the highlighter will probably get off ebay.

I used to love B&B but the fair started to make me look like I've been Tangoed and to be honest, looked more like a medium, so although Laura's TSVs are amazing value, it's only a bargain if you use it, so I changed to Jerome Alexander's Magic mineral make up which is absolutely brilliant, the one good thing on Ideal World are the Jerone Alexander Magic mineral make up sets...........all his make up is good to be honest and it's used on the X Factor too :mysmilie_14:

I used to love B&B but the fair started to make me look like I've been Tangoed and to be honest, looked more like a medium, so although Laura's TSVs are amazing value, it's only a bargain if you use it, so I changed to Jerome Alexander's Magic mineral make up which is absolutely brilliant, the one good thing on Ideal World are the Jerone Alexander Magic mineral make up sets...........all his make up is good to be honest and it's used on the X Factor too :mysmilie_14:

Interesting about the magic minerals stuff - I've seen it (I think!) but never tried it, but I might give it a go if it's half decent. I'm getting increasingly fed up of paying best part of £30 for a foundation. Is it the same one they sell in Asda or is that a different one. I've managed to find Magic Minerals and Mineral magic online and I'm not sue if they're the same!!

I saw Jerome Alexander's in my local BHS £10 but wasn’t brave enough to try it looked dark

I too used the fair and the one I am using at the present makes me look really orange, not good!!

Yes - Spackle included, no bag is what they said. Apparently the QVC buyers said there have been too many bags lately.

Am pretty sure it's a Balance & Brighten.

Not sure if this link has been posted before, but this article explains a lot of the changes we have seen lately - the new packaging, why Laura isn't on screen so much and why Laura's studio in NYC closed:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242707

Interesting about the magic minerals stuff - I've seen it (I think!) but never tried it, but I might give it a go if it's half decent. I'm getting increasingly fed up of paying best part of £30 for a foundation. Is it the same one they sell in Asda or is that a different one. I've managed to find Magic Minerals and Mineral magic online and I'm not sue if they're the same!!

Yes I think theyre the same as JML, they do Magic Minerals for £10, I get my Jerome Alexander from IW because they do a large one with other make up, and a large home and away set with other make up too, it's great value even on flexi pay. I've got to say I use the original, that and his primer are the best foundation and primer I've ever, ever, used. Honestly, it's amazing but you'd be forgiven thinking otherwise because of the price.

I saw Jerome Alexander's in my local BHS £10 but wasn’t brave enough to try it looked dark

IW do three colours, original (which is fair) medium and dark. The original is what I use, and I think it's what's sold elsewhere, I don't think I've seen other colour options other than IW, I'm fair and original works amazing for me, wouldn't ever use anything else and the stubby brushes are great too. Hope this helps.

I too used the fair and the one I am using at the present makes me look really orange, not good!!
Me too, now use Porcelain that suits me better but not a 100%

There was a review recently on Q when someone hasn’t used B&B in the last nine years is saying “what on Earth has happened to BB?”
Think that I’ll copy and paste it here

2 out of 5
What is happening?
" I first bought Laura's products, especially the B&B, over 9 years ago and they were fabulous quality. I used to buy 'regular' which was magnificent. Now the shades are not consistent, even the fair has been too deep at times. It seems to be based on luck whether or not you get a colour that suits. This time I ordered porcelain which was so powdery and obviously full of talc and, for the first time in 9 years, it cracked. What is happening? The packaging is getting cheaper and tackier, no full mirrors and cheap brittle plastic. The colours are becoming brash and far too vivid. What a pity! The only products which, in my opinion, cannot be equalled, are the brushes-fabulous! Just wish the B&B had not changed, or perhaps it's me? "

I have to agree, the last one I bought in fair, was definitely medium. Ridiculous if I buy fair I expect fair, mind you she done me a favour, I've saved a fortune with Jerome Alexander, but even more so, it's a brilliant product that matches my colour perfect and an amazing price.............result!

Latest posts

Back