Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's Moroccan Bronze, I suspect medium. It's too dark orange for me & I should have returned it really. My foundation is Porcelain. I really wish she ( in fact all the brands) would take into account the foundation colour & put the appropriate bronzes, blushes, lipsticks in the TSVs, not too much to ask surely.

This looks nice, apart from the dark lipstick, but £65+ with p&p is a bit of a shocker.

That's a ridiculous price! Will have to think on this one. I'm never totally satisfied with my foundation colour, think I generally fall between the very palest shade and the next one up, meaning I always feel ghostly or slightly orange (although friends / family assure me I don't look it!) Seem to remember reading on here that B&B was getting darker, and know it's the luck of the draw what swirls you'll get in your particular compact. I'm thinking I could get one of the Nars Sarah Moon gift sets or one of the Urban Decay pallets I've been coveting and come away with quite a bit of change from the price of this TSV.

Mine arrived this morning.
As it happened I'd been too busy grooming the mutts so hadn't got round to putting any makeup on like I usually do first thing so I've just used it.
I haven't tried the liquid liner, not particularly a liquid liner user as I prefer a pencil or very dark shadow wetted with a brush. The mascara is ok, I don't think it's the intense volume it says but then I have very short, sparse excuses for lashes that need all the help they can get. The foundation I really like, had one before in a previous TSV & this one is a good mix of colour. The shadow goes on smoothly, blends well. For me, I'd have preferred it less shiny & more taupe than the golden brown but that's just me, it's a lovely chunky stick that winds up & great texture. The lipsticks I love, adored the gloss as soon as I saw it. The lipstick I thought looked too dark but no, it's gorgeous on, a very wearable pink. The blusher, what can I say? For all us Ethereal Rose devotees, mourning it's loss, I think this is the nearest pink blusher that she's done since, just gorgeous. The brush is the brush is the brush, we've probably got dozens, I know I have.
So verdict, for all pasty faced, ghostly Morticia clones like me this is a fabulous set. Not sure how darker, less corpse like skin will like the blush & lipsticks but I'm beginning to wish I'd bought two.
As for the packaging, really swish would make a lovely gift but mine's not going anywhere.

Oh, thank you for this, Breeze. Glad you liked it all.

Do you know if the lipstick and the gloss are long wearing, and what type of blusher this is (Gelato, Baked Impressions, Satin, Baked or other) and hopefully the blusher doesn't have any glitter bits in it?

I like the idea that it can be used instead of Ethereal Rose, wonder if Laura is going to suggest this.

The gloss seemed to have some glitter in it in the pictures that I saw. I tend to discard any lipstick that doesn't stay on at least until lunch, so any lipstick in a set is wasted on me, as I try it to see what it's like so cannot sell on after trying it.

Thank you Breeze! I am Ethereal Rose-dependent, as you may remember so I've ordered this TSV.

I also like the Balance & Glow, but if anyone is wary of all-over shimmer I'd recommend going down a colour (unless you already wear Porcelain) and use it just as a very very subtle highlighter (did I mention "very"!). I bought the previous TSV that included the Balance & Glow compact but returned it..and then had a brainwave about using it as a highlighter and bought it as a stand-alone item off ebay (cheap too). Used this way it'll probably out-live me, but it works over the usual Balance & Brighten or any other foundation; powder or liquid. It's helping me use up some very matte foundations (like the Tarte 12 hour clay foundation which looks very flat on me without this).

The lipstick looks good but the liner, mascara, and probably the eye pencil I'll save until DD asks if I have a spare Tarte or Mally mascara; I'll offer her this with fingers crossed behind my back when I say it's the only spare I have!

Oh heck! I am weak! But in my defence I have just had a clear out of old make up items (still got a massive make up mountain mind you).

From the look of the TSV blusher with the chandelier impression it reminds me of the embossed blushers the had coffee beans (Mauve Mocha Latte) and Vintage Rose (from the wine bottle box TSV). These were called Baked Impressions I think; I have both of these and even though I'm pale they both look nice as long as I apply them with a very light touch. The chandelier one looks a far more usable colour for me.

Thanks again for the review Breeze, even though you've led me astray! :mysmilie_47::mysmilie_3:

I'm very tempted but trying to hang on until I can see it all in the presentation.

I've just accepted the inevitable and ordered!

:mysmilie_512:

I went for the Tarte TSV too...but I've had a trying few weeks and make up is my only vice, honest! :mysmilie_50:

Marina, it says it's a Baked Chandelier Blush, no glitter bits, going to try putting in photos.
The lipstick lasts pretty well, very moisturising which I like, no horrible taste or tingle, hate BM Moxie ones for that

Akimbo, I think it's as pale as Ethereal Rose, not shiny though. Your makeup mountain can't be any higher than mine & no DD, only DS & don't think would thank me :giggle:
Sorry if I've led you astray, just hope you don't regret it :mysmilie_11:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:Whoops.. Wasn't sure how to do it so got five instead of two

Just one more question if I may, is the BnGlow 8g or was it a typo on Q website?

It looks pretty and good to see a return of the 9g size; most of the recent blushers have been only 5g which is a bit mean. I don't blame Laura for selling her company but I'm wary that the products will change or shrink or both.

It looks pretty and good to see a return of the 9g size; most of the recent blushers have been only 5g which is a bit mean. I don't blame Laura for selling her company but I'm wary that the products will change or shrink or both.

Size does matter Akimbo!Blusher looks powder pink but may be interested if it has golden shimmer.

Right, try to answer as best I can
The B& G is 8gm
The blusher is 9gm. I can't see any golden shimmer in it, not in the top layer at least
The pink lip gloss does have a very slight golden glow to it, hard to explain. It isn't bronze at all, still looks pink but with a very slight sheen which is golden/pink. Really pretty, I don't like bronze lip gloss but love this.

There are already 24 reviews, all but one being 5 star, I really fancy this but not sure if the medium will be too dark for me, I always used to have that shade in old B & B but in this tsv the medium shade looks darker, anyone got any idea if it is darker in the flesh? Thanks

Sorry, can't help, I always buy Porcelain in B&B & this one.
Fair in Bare Minerals, as I said I'd make a ghost look suntanned !
They always say people look like their dogs, though minus the black ears & nose....hopefully :mysmilie_48:

Sorry, can't help, I always buy Porcelain in B&B & this one.
Fair in Bare Minerals, as I said I'd make a ghost look suntanned !
They always say people look like their dogs, though minus the black ears & nose....hopefully :mysmilie_48:

Thank you! I shall watch the live presentation and have a good look before I buy, I want to see how pale the blusher is too,seems I am detemined to buy it!

I told myself I wasn't going to order but then I looked at the photo's and I was doomed, one Fair set is on its way to me. It's been an expensive day, I used the discount code "sparkle" to get 10% off a gluten free cakes order from Honeybuns too. Hopefully they will arrive on different days.

Latest posts

Back