Laura Geller TSV 23/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It must cost a bit to reshoot the products, redesign the packaging (inside and out), rewrite and reprint the instruction leaflet when they change one of the bits in a set. I bet this cost is passed on to us in the end...

Do you think the one with the SPF in it is better then?

Its not better it's just that the colours come up different between the SPF and the non-SPF versions. I can use just Fair in one but have to blend Porcelain and Fair in the other.
Ive read loads of B&B reviews and it's a common problem. I had a word with the LG girl at the Beauty Bash to say that Laura either has to continue to produce both options or else needs to blend another colour.

Thanks DebraJane, I didnt realise there was a colour difference even if ordering the same colour iykwim! Would you say then that the SPF on comes up lighter or darker? I only ask because I find in the normal B&B the fair is a bit too light on me and the regular is a bit muddy.

So in the 'normal' Fair is too light for you and too dark for me, and Regular is too dark for you. I add Porcelain to lighten Fair so P+F = F (spf).
And you add Fair to Regular so F+R = R(spf).

That sounds like the right equation - so in SPF you'd want Regular.

So in the 'normal' Fair is too light for you and too dark for me, and Regular is too dark for you. I add Porcelain to lighten Fair so P+F = F (spf).
And you add Fair to Regular so F+R = R(spf).

That sounds like the right equation - so in SPF you'd want Regular.

Thanks DebraJane for explaining, most interesting. I think my money is safe with this TSV tbh, wont be using the B&B, dont want a plum eyeshadow and have got loads of spackle. The only things I might like to try are the lip gloss and blusher, but got loads of those as well.

Ah now I hate to stick my oar in but I'm an olive skinned brunette and I find the regular/medium SPF version very dark and muddy on my skin. The non SPF in regular/medium is absolutely fine. The difference between the two is that there is next to no yellow swirls in the non SPF version. So it's just a mix of tones of light and dark. The colour is very flat and more like a bronzer on me. I have kept it because I was too late to send it back but I can't really use it. I might be able to use it after a holiday but I would still probably have to mix it with something else.

If the normal is too dark for you then I would think twice before ordering the SPF one in the same shade.

I'd guess she'll discontinue the SPF version. It was launched in a blaze of glory and seems to have sunk without trace since then. I've never been convinced how effective a powder with SPF will be, I only use a very light dusting of B&B, or bareMinerals (when I could be @sed to use their mineral foundation). I particulary avoid my hairline and eyes so I doubt I'd be protected. The past couple of years I've used a BB that has an SPF of 40, I've even sunbathed in it and not so much as a new freckle has appeared at the end of the day when I take it off.

Jude xx

I think the colours are getting a bit odd.
Don't like the look of the redfish eyeshadows & suspect the blusher & lipstick would be too dark for me. Not very spring/summer colours are they?

I got the last coffee set but hated the shadows in that, the rest was all too orangey brown on me as well, but I mislaid the packaging & only found it when it was too late to send it back, so I'm stuck with it.

I've only bought two LG kits and both were pretty good but I will never get through the eyeshadow and blushers in a month of Sundays. The sizes are huge. The only thing I really repeat purchase is the B&B. and even that lasts ages.

A no from me too - too much red and plum. I have more LG make-up than I'll ever get through, especially as I bought 3 of the freshly brewed kit, which I love.
2013 - I am determined to use up everything, and achieve beauty through exercise, using my time better and being positive. No more relying on the next QVC parcel to land on my doorstep to change my life for the better! Now, time to get out of bed and do some yoga!

Latest posts

Back