Laura Geller TSV 23/11/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok ladies I am now 53 and have NEVER worn any type of make up but I am now looking in the mirror and not liking what I see.
I have red cheeks ,dark circles under my eyes and my skin is starting to look slightly yellow and dull.
I am on lots of very strong medication and I don't think that it is helping my skin.
I don't have any lines and wrinkles so far so am not really interested in anti aging stuff but wondered if this set would be a good starting place for me.

I need something that is VERY VERY easy to use and fail safe as the stuff I brought from Boots (about 15 years ago) made me look like a child "playing"with Mummy's make up.
I feel that this might suit me as I am only having to spend £15.00 and I can always send it back under the 30DMG.
Thanks
Karen

Go for it Madmax and enjoy!

Watch lots of video's on you tube as well as demos on qvc on how to apply.

I've been doing this a lot lately as have mostly got out of the makeup habit over the last few years but have been having a hard time this year and so looking after myself and treating myself again as a distraction.

It has become a bit of a hobby/coping strategy and I am looking and feeling good despite the stress I am still going through.

This is a lovely kit but I am not getting it. I don't rate her Mascara and the lippy colour is not for me. Fingers crossed the Mally one is better.

I've not worn makeup most of my life either. I now wear a dusting of Laura Geller Balance and Brighten almost every time I got out, even just to the shops. I apply it with a sponge so it lasts a lot longer. I also put on a little blush on the cheeks and nowadays some eyeliner as well. Not got to the mascara stage yet. Taken me 3 years to get this far!
Definitely take a punt. Also see if you can get to a Bare Minerals shop and have them put it on for you. Also Benefit shop is good but they are a bit of heavy sell.

Karen, the TSV is great set, I'd suggest just using the face colours for a very simple "improve the look of your skin" application to start with. With any powder product ensure your face isn't sticky with moisturiser or any cream/liquid product before you start. Pick up powder on your brush (this applies for the B&B* foundation and also blushers and eye shadows too) then tap the shaft of the brush gently on your hand to knock off some of the excess. Then use quick, light circular motions over your face and that way you shouldn't find too much powder grabs onto parts of your face and looks clumpy or too heavy. Once you have the coverage you're after keep buffing with the "empty" brush head to achieve a really perfect blend. I'd invest in a powder blush because without a face of foundation (even a light B&B coverage) your face can look a bit flat without a cheek colour. Tap off the excess blush again, give a big cheesy smile into the mirror and lightly touch the apples of your cheeks with colour (avoid using blusher under your cheekbones because no one blushes down there!). The TSV highlighter would work with this very light application technique. Don't panic and wash it all off if it looks a little too heavy; most powder products can be toned down with just a gentle rub with a cotton wool pad; you can also tone down Aunt Sally blusher with another dusting of B&B.

Mascara: stick to doing only your top lashes to start with, if you hold the mirror down near your chin it forces you to look down to apply the mascara, this way you can push the mascara brush upwards but without touching it onto your eyelids. (If you're using eye shadow apply this before your mascara or your lashes will look grey and dusty)

You tube is a fab resource for application videos but my advice is to have a play when you're not going out so there's no pressure to get it right first time. It's particularly good for eye shadows, but the same light buffing technique would work to add a wash of the TSV lighter eye colour over the whole lid, (without worrying about structured or contoured looks). Again blending with a few extra buffs will improve the look.

Finally, if people comment or compliment your new look, accept it graciously without putting yourself down (such a foolish British trait to do this). Feel free to PM me if you have any Qs! I'm a make up evangelist!

*Balance & Brighten

I`m no makeup expert but applying makeup onto an unprepared skin is a bit like gloss painting a door without undercoat or primer. If you`re going to wear makeup and enjoy wearing it, then also enjoy the prep too. Use a good cleanser, do a gentle exfoliation, treat yourself to a face masque, invest in a good moisturiser and primer and your skin will look brighter and happier even before you add makeup. Try to relax whilst enjoying treating your skin, look upon it as " me time which you deserve " and add a lovely night treatment too. I`m not recommending brands because that`s a personal choice.
As for applying the makeup itself, well practise makes perfect and don`t give up if the first brand doesn`t suit your skin. Many of us have tried and tested umpteen foundations before finding the right one. LG has a lot of followers but not everybody can use it, I`m one of those people and my skin hates anything with talc in it. Just buy, try, play, practise and return it if it doesn`t suit. Blushers, higlighters and eye shadows can make or break an older face ( no offence, mine`s a much older face ! ) so keep it simple and light handed. The tin man look, thick black lines and rag doll red cheeks are bad news.
The most important thing is to feel comfortable with whatever makeup you choose to wear and however you choose to wear it. You know your own face better than anybody else and start off trying to get the foundation right, the basis for your canvas, then move onto cheeks, eyes and lips.

Vienna's right about not adopting the Alison Young black & metal school of make up.

But I'd say only introduce your skin to one or two new products to your face at a time, otherwise if you have a reaction it's harder to determine the culprit.

I ordered 2, my usual fair and a medium for after I've been away in the new year... very happy!!

Is it me or did Nalintha wearing the Tan B&B look darker than the model wearing the Deep during the launch?

I've ordered the deep to split with a friend - I get the highlighter, brushes, mascara and eye shadow Yay!

I see they're on ebay (using the Q photos ofcourse) I might email and ask if I can pop round today and collect an item for cash :mysmilie_15:. Am I mean for hoping they get the "there was a quality issue with your order" letter instead of the TSVs they've already sold? Mwah ha ha!

I've ordered the Porcelain. It's one of the few foundations light enough for me, so many on the high street aren't, plus it's just so quick & easy.
31,000 sold now!
I'm not usually a big fan of JF but she was so much better than DF was in the launch, actually gave Laura the chance to speak instead of DF's hard sell.

I'm still on the fence so I've gone for the wait list and see how people rate it. All I wanted was the highlighter really.
I guess this is she best TSV in terms of variety, people can try the mascara, the liner and quite a few brushes that Laura rarely did in the past and people moaned that there were no brushes in the TSV kit. This kit is exactly what I wanted back then when I was new to LG and QVC but now I have loads of mascaras etc. And the storage box is a great addition and a memorabilia. All in all excellent value I just don't need all of it.

Im so weak - deliberately didn't watch the launch but caught the morning repeat and gave in to temptation! Porcelain for me although hoping its not one with too much pink like the last one i got as it just makes me look flushed lol!

Im so weak - deliberately didn't watch the launch but caught the morning repeat and gave in to temptation! Porcelain for me although hoping its not one with too much pink like the last one i got as it just makes me look flushed lol!
Porcelain is too pink for me too but when applied less with a fan brush - it's perfect, Fair is too yellow for my skin I wish they did a shade in between.
A very thin fan brush, like in Laura's Matte compact, I use this one though
http://www.iherb.com/E-L-F-Cosmetic...sc=0&lc=en-US&w=e l f fan&rc=669&sr=null&ic=1

I've just been on eBay for the highlighter and it's £17-18, I wish I'd gone for the whole set now. Never mind, I'll keep an eye if anyone cancels today, however, it's been a couple of hours since they sold out so people will not be able to cancel. Perhaps a computer glitch will happen, I shall see.

Why do I never learn!!!?

I always go for the LG TSV ans always end up returning it. However after watching the demo I think the highlighter and eyeshadows look fab. I ordered the B&B in fair this time (last time I bought medium and regretted it). I will probably ebay the eyeliner and mascara but if anyone is interested please PM me and I will sell them for a fair price once they arrive, of course!!

I was just about to cave in when Fair sold out, phew! I had to laugh when JF started on about the nightmare (already) of braving the Xmas shopping crowds on the DHS. Well not in SW London love. LG said she gets palpitations the crowds are so awful for Xmas shopping. They haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, and they don't do presents then (according to a U.S. guest on Chatty Man last week). I think the first big push on the DHS will be Black Friday but that won't affect me cos I can't be doing with these new-fangled traditions!

I've just been on eBay for the highlighter and it's £17-18, I wish I'd gone for the whole set now. Never mind, I'll keep an eye if anyone cancels today, however, it's been a couple of hours since they sold out so people will not be able to cancel. Perhaps a computer glitch will happen, I shall see.

What may happen is that an odd one or two will bounce back in stock where credit cards have not cleared payment. It just let me add a fair and a medium to my basket (dumped again quickly in case I hit speed buy by mistake).

Latest posts

Back