Laura Geller TSV - 13th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hurrah - non-FART averted! I turned on the TV this morning and it was saying SOLD OUT hence why I've come on here early to see who's been buying!! I think it was an onscreen glitch though.

I'm not going for this. I've only tried LG blusher before and don't really want to buy the whole kit for that particular one. I have a Cargo one which to me looks similar. After the comments on ST re: Balance and Brighten I can't be bothered to order the kit to try it out. Also reviews on makeupalley for any mascara or eye liner are not that favourable plus I have a spare black mascara already and am still using my Smashbox eyeliners.

MrM's money is safe.

:up2::clapping:I think your post is exactly what F.A.R.T.S. is all about.

If we check our stash, compare prices and look at reviews beforehand then we can be sure that we're making a conscious choice - and not just getting sucked into the hype and high [pressure sales techniques.

The Sold Out must be a glitch I reckon hon cos it's still showing for sale on the website. I think AY said they'd sold 3500 or so and that was "1/3 of the days stock gone at twenty past one in the morning"
(or something very similar)

I haven't tried any Cargo yet but I did have a quick swipe of some of the products in Sainsbury's and the textures were lovely! (I'm very big on how something feels!) :eek: Cargo is on my list of thinsg to try when I've worked down my stash!

Ooh almost forgot - My son finished the 50ml Alpha H cleanser thsi morning so I shall choose another one from the stash when I go up in a minute. My daughter will be finished in the bathroom eventually I expect! Before Lunchtime would be nice! :tongue2:

she gave me a throbing headache from the go and at this point almost a stroke. how does she get away with passing herself as an experienced professional, a true expert to be revered?

Exactly Watersiren, I had to switch it off it was so bad! She doesn't even use the correct names of the products half the time and she really just spouts drivel at this stage. Literally :cool2:

Tx

this time round, i did not receive a card through the post or an email re LG tsv. they really thought i was already in the bag. wrong...didn't go for it either. :emo:

Me either - I wonder if that was them being complacent because they usually do send a reminder card don't they? Hmmmm... :wonder2:

Love A'kin;255802. I haven't tried any Cargo yet but I did have a quick swipe of some of the products in Sainsbury's and the textures were lovely! (I'm very big on how something feels!) :o Cargo is on my list of thinsg to try when I've worked down my stash![/QUOTE said:
I got my Cargo one from the US when I was over there last October - mine is Montebello which is a lovely mixture of light and dark pink. The texture is lovely and you can pick out an individual colour or swirl the lot to mix them.

I also have No 7 Rose Pink mineral blush and Benefit Dandelion so I don't really need another pink blush!

I got my Cargo one from the US when I was over there last October - mine is Montebello which is a lovely mixture of light and dark pink. The texture is lovely and you can pick out an individual colour or swirl the lot to mix them.

I also have No 7 Rose Pink mineral blush and Benefit Dandelion so I don't really need another pink blush!

I know - but since when has "need" been the deciding factor! Montebello sounds lovely. I shall see if they have it to test next time I'm in the supermarket...Just to see what it's like ;)

It does sound as if you have the bases covered as far as pink blush is concerned! (Me too!)

Hiya Freedom,

I'm one of the peeps who doesn't think this TSV is very good value. LG has done quite similar mini kits like this for £18 -23 before.

But you make very good use your 30 day money back guarantee and try it out but that will cost you about £8 just to try it out. (If you do, take pics. I'e known Balance and Brighten to look a little odd in photos.)

Have you tried any Mineral Make up such as Bare Escentuals? My bestest friend has PCOS and she swears by it. because you buff it on with a brush it works better for her when she's a bit fluffy faced.

Mineral Make up can look very natural in person and won't flare in photos like LG Balance and brighten can cos it's a bit shiny.

There's a site called Everyday Minerals who will send you free samples if you wanted to try Mineral make up out. You just have to pay postage. (I promise I don't work for them - it's just a great offer! :D)

https://www.everydayminerals.com/in...art&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=40

You will need a brush to apply the foundation and powder and they have lovely brushes at EM too, or you could pluck up a BE Flawless Face brush on the well known auction site that I'm not sure if we're allowed to name! ;)

Other than that you could pop to a Bobbi Brown counter to see if they can help you find the perfect base for your skin then choose some eye make up and lippie in Boots.

(Although that might work out a bit of an expensive option if you don't wear make up as a rule.)

Ooh another brainwave! Is your daughter getting her make up done by a professional on the day? Cos if she is then you could get the make up artist to do your face as well and then it will be her problem to find suitable products! :D

Ok, that's all I've got! :D

I second the Everyday Minerals recommendation. A nice company with some quality products.

It is honey you're quite right and I feel terrible making you do extra F.A.R.T.S. to make up for my sorry failures. :(

Ooh fantastic honey - you always say exactly the right thing to deter me! That is a legendary F.A.R.T.! :rock: :clapping: :giggle: :clapping: :rock:

It would be demented to buy that whole (not actually very good value) kit when I only want and need the lippie.

I'm sure you'll both be very glad to hear that I've decided to skip this LG TSV for the very first time in Laura Geller at QVC History. :eek:

I'm half expecting a call from QVC asking what's gone wrong!

I only want the lippie so I'll wait a week or two and pick one up on The Auction Site That Dare Not Speak Its Name! I think it'll probably cost me less than £32.59 eh Bakergirl?! ;)

:fart2:

Result!:clapping:

Why don't you take a wee shopping trip to Boots? You could start at one end of the makeup aisle and work your way down sampling all the lipsticks. You could even stop for coffee and buns half way through when you feel your sugar levels dropping. There has to be one out there that is a match for Venus.

I have to say, i do love Cargo and was lucky enough to score a counter rep 'book' with all the newest eyeshadow quads and liners in it for £32 on e*ay! They're sold on QVC for about £17 each which makes my book worth over £200!! I take it out and look at it as it makes me happy..LOL!

Tx

Why don't you take a wee shopping trip to Boots? You could start at one end of the makeup aisle and work your way down sampling all the lipsticks. You could even stop for coffee and buns half way through when you feel your sugar levels dropping. There has to be one out there that is a match for Venus.

I pretty much walk through Boots every day on my way home so I could try one a day until I find the perfect shade.

Genius brainwave my treasure! Cheers! :grin:

I have to say, i do love Cargo and was lucky enough to score a counter rep 'book' with all the newest eyeshadow quads and liners in it for £32 on e*ay! They're sold on QVC for about £17 each which makes my book worth over £200!! I take it out and look at it as it makes me happy..LOL!

Tx

I am so jealous right now I can't even tell you about it! :envy: :grin:

I am so jealous right now I can't even tell you about it! :envy: :grin:

HAHA! It is pretty sweet and I was very lucky to land it. If you look on ebay.com there is a US seller, she had a few, not sure if she has any more. I pestered her to ship to the UK and she eventually gave in :rock: I can honestly say it's the best beauty item I've ever owned!

Tx

I was really looking forward to the TSV but I am sooooooo disappointed. :(

I'd love a small B&B in fair for my handbag but, other than the blusher, I'm don't want any of the other items.
Not prepared to pay £29 just for a mini B&B so will give this a miss.
Shame.

I was really looking forward to the TSV but I am sooooooo disappointed. :(

I'd love a small B&B in fair for my handbag but, other than the blusher, I'm don't want any of the other items.
Not prepared to pay £29 just for a mini B&B so will give this a miss.
Shame.

Yep, me too. Have a scour of e*ay in about a week, it'll be overflowing with them! There are already some of the Balance in the regular colour on there from the other kit that was on QVC a while back. I'm waiting for one in fair *fingers crossed*

Tx

The only item I really want is the ET blush. Always wanted to try it, so if anyone is buying the TSV and does not want the blush..... I am happy to buy it it you
because I do not really want to spend £30+ on a blush mini size.

BakerGirl I do believe you are turning into a f.a.r.t. I thought you were encouraging peeps to buy stuff they don't need but you have come over to the light side now and doing a great job. I knew you were a secret f.a.r.ter.

I'm just disappointed Laura isn't wearing her Judith Ripka 18ct gold heart ring this visit,she is wearing an Amethyst stonker in Sterling Silver,which looks like it comes out of Ripka's stable.

Latest posts

Back