Laura Geller TSV - 06/08/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Small tinted spackle tube, 9g sized split pan Bronze n Brighten with Balance n Brighten (medium) and single baked eye shadow in Tiramisu (brownish gold colour)....I think from watching last night.

J xx

I was tempted by some of her kits yesterday, but I wasn't at all sure what shade I would be - in MAC mineral foundation (powder) I am medium plus (actually this seems a little too dark on me now). but I am happy with their Studio Moisture Tint in Medium Dark, in the other liquid foundation I am NW25 which I am all happy with. Just in Laura Geller's colours she was showing yesterday the medium seemed a bit of a strange colour and the darker one seemed way too dark for me, so I didn't order anything. Was wondering about their balance and brighten and her lip glosses as well...........
i would think that you are a medium. medium covers a really wide range of complexions, it was the only shade available for a really long time and it does suit most people. it is my go to make up all year and it changes to match my skin tone at that time. i also have bought fair for in the winter and tan for in the summer but i can wear medium all year round. i have a medium skin tone (looks healthier with a slight tan and a tendency towards grey in the winter) and while each b&b is different i have yet get find myself looking orange, but then again i dont use a lot of it. i also use all 3 different spackles (not at the same time lol). the tinted spackle is really scary to look at, very very dark, but i find it to be a lovely light tint on the face. the reg. spackle and the champagne are nice but tbh i dont really notice the difference between them.
the bronze and brighten is great but only to be used sparingly and the b&b tan is just as good for warming up your face like a bronzer.
i love the lip glosses, they feel, look and taste great.

Small tinted spackle tube, 9g sized split pan Bronze n Brighten with Balance n Brighten (medium) and single baked eye shadow in Tiramisu (brownish gold colour)....I think from watching last night.

J xx

Oooh curses, I would have probably gone for this but missed it.
Has anyone got a linkypoo?

Update - :wait: Never mind, found it.

Last edited:
my tsv still hasnt shipped but the other stuff shipped yesterday. i am getting them delivered to my MIL house so with any luck they will all be there when i arrive for my holidays

my tsv still hasnt shipped but the other stuff shipped yesterday. i am getting them delivered to my MIL house so with any luck they will all be there when i arrive for my holidays

Borenow, that's strange because I ordered a second set mid afternoon (yes what an idiot I ought to have ordered 2 in the first place and saved on P&P) and that has shipped.

Last night I bought a Lightbeams Lipgloss in Passion Fruit off eBay so I'll blame you if I don't like it.:giggle:

Mine's still "in progress" Ggggrrrrrrrr! I ordered at about 3am just after the launch. I was hoping it'd arrive tomorrow while Mr Akimbo is working away!

Jude xx

Did the even demo the porcelain? I didn't see all the TSV presentations. AY was trying to put people off buying by saying it was for the very very fairest alabaster skins whereas for other rangest she drones on about how fair she is. I'd have thought with a new option it was vital for them to show it on someone's skin! Saying that, I've ordered the porcelain and if it is too pale I'll give it to my daughter or using just as a finishing powder over liquid foundation/tinted moisturiser. I was tempted to get the tan to use as a bronzer but I have the huge 24g split pan balance n brighten wth bronze n brighten which swirled together on the same brush work very well as a bronzer on me.

Jude xx

They demo'd it on a red head model at midnight. I think Ali Young was just managing people's expectations of the colour. I have the porcelain shade already from the states and mine is much paler than the Fair. I wear Fair in BE (Ali Young says she wears Fairly Light) and even I have had to put my porcelain BnB away until the winter months as it's too pale for me at the moment. Maybe mine was just an extreme pale one but there is a big difference between the Porcelain and the Fair.

Borenow, that's strange because I ordered a second set mid afternoon (yes what an idiot I ought to have ordered 2 in the first place and saved on P&P) and that has shipped.

Last night I bought a Lightbeams Lipgloss in Passion Fruit off eBay so I'll blame you if I don't like it.:giggle:
basically just my ****** luck that i will be in the uk for a week and my stuff will get delayed leaving QVC towers and then get lost in the post lol

the passionfruit is the one that was in the tsv i think, if it was then you will love it, its a great shade

I presume the TSV wasn't on AD? I'm in Oz now so just watched a little bit online, no mention of AD as far as I could hear. What a shame, the US has just had their second shipment and the colours look really nice too...

QVC US get AD on most beauty TSVs, we rarely get them and then usually something goes wrong. I know the last Smashbox TSV in the US they were shocked it wasn't offered on AD.

Mine is stll "in progress" yet another item ordered the next day with the same card has been despached! WTF?

Jude xx

They demo'd it on a red head model at midnight. I think Ali Young was just managing people's expectations of the colour. I have the porcelain shade already from the states and mine is much paler than the Fair. I wear Fair in BE (Ali Young says she wears Fairly Light) and even I have had to put my porcelain BnB away until the winter months as it's too pale for me at the moment. Maybe mine was just an extreme pale one but there is a big difference between the Porcelain and the Fair.

My tsv has just arrived - I agree with you, there is a massive difference between fair and this shade - my colouring is not dissimilar to alison young and it is way too pale for me ( i thought maybe she was saying she was fair on the launch because there wasnt much stock of the porcelain!!) - i look like a ghost, however i have just had a play with the rest of the kit and it's lovely so worth keeping

Latest posts

Back