Laura Geller TSV - 06/08/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I second Boots No7 duel eye makeup remover.

Laura, "Yo bitch, let me talk!" Alison, stunned silence,"Okay, Laura." Can you imagine it. :happy:

LOL had to read that twice as i actually thought Laura had said it!!

Ordered the porcelain to give it a go as the fair is too dark on me. Im not bothered by the highlighter/blusher or the mascara.

Last edited:
I thought Laura looked lovely. The colour of her top really suited her. I use B & B occasionally but find it does sit in my lines even though it is not supposed to be powder. Love the lipstick in the kit though. As usual Allison was like a clockwork toy - wind her up and watch her go!!

Laura had an altercation with a QVC US presenter a couple of years ago. Can't remember exactly what happened but I think Laura felt the presenter was disrespectful and told her so on air. You might find reference to it on the US beauty board on qvc.com if it lets you trawl back far enough. I would love a guest to firmly ask AY to back off and let them speak in such a way that AY can't just laugh it off as banter or Donna's suggestion would be highly watchable!

Jude xx

I was tempted by this after reading all the comments about B&B but I think they all look really cakey, especially motor mouth. It looks very matt and accentuates her eye bags, and her face is a different colour to her neck. I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown foundation. Its far more natural looking.

I had convinced myself to resist this last night as I didn't need any more B&B and I've plenty of
Blushers and lippies - but I've just watched the launch show repeat now and I want one. 

OK I've caved. It's ordered. 

Ps slightly off topic - is the eye spackle any good? I currently use the urban decay eye primer thingy but wondered how the LG one compared.

Last edited:
OK I've caved. It's ordered. 

Ps slightly off topic - is the eye spackle any good? I currently use the urban decay eye primer thingy but wondered how the LG one compared.

Definitely the Urban Decay one. The LG one is a thick creamy consistency and it needs to be powdered down otherwise eye shadow creases, and then it looks cakey.

i bought 2 and the oto/special price 'in a NY minute' set. naughty me lol

re: eye spackle... i love it. you really have to use it sparingly otherwise you do get some creasing. i tend to apply, move on to doing lips or cheeks etc. and then return to to finish off eyes. this way any creasing has already started and i can see where i have to smooth it again. after that i dont have any more problems with creasing. i havent tried the urban decay primer so i cannot comment upon the differences.

Last edited:
i bought 2 and the oto/special price 'in a NY minute' set. naughty me lol

re: eye spackle... i love it. you really have to use it sparingly otherwise you do get some creasing. i tend to apply, move on to doing lips or cheeks etc. and then return to to finish off eyes. this way any creasing has already started and i can see where i have to smooth it again. after that i dont have any more problems with creasing. i havent tried the urban decay primer so i cannot comment upon the differences.

*slinks off to La Q website to check this out....*

I didn't even wait till midnight, ordered it in the Porcelain at 11.38pm, heh. Wasn't going to go for it, but have had a cruddy few weeks and felt like a treat. Watched the repeat this morning though - AY looked awfully tangoed - the other models all looked lovely, as did Laura :nod: .

Now, I know what you mean about The Youngster's face being of, shall we say, a slightly different 'hue' to her neck, but I actually thought she looked a bit better than normal - she didn't have that mad blusher thing going on and the too-much-eyeliner thing she often does.

Now, I know what you mean about The Youngster's face being of, shall we say, a slightly different 'hue' to her neck, but I actually thought she looked a bit better than normal - she didn't have that mad blusher thing going on and the too-much-eyeliner thing she often does.

The eye make up was definitely better - definitely. Much more subtle. You could see the colour of her eyes...:nod:

I rarely wear makeup, but when I do I love the fair B&B, it's just right for me, so I've ordered my TSV :happy:
Will be getting the polyfilla out and dusting off my makeup bag very shortly actually, as we're off to a friend's wedding today!

I ordered at 11.30pm last night, sight unseen.

Just watching the re-run now and...............oh no.............she looks tango'd on my tv!

Pleeeeezzzzzzz don't say she is wearing the porcelain!! :confused:

Pretty sure she said she was wearing Fair.

I rarely wear makeup, but when I do I love the fair B&B, it's just right for me, so I've ordered my TSV :happy:
Will be getting the polyfilla out and dusting off my makeup bag very shortly actually, as we're off to a friend's wedding today!

Hope the weather for the wedding's not as vile as it is over here, it's bliddy awful.

I didn't even wait till midnight, ordered it in the Porcelain at 11.38pm, heh. Wasn't going to go for it, but have had a cruddy few weeks and felt like a treat. Watched the repeat this morning though - AY looked awfully tangoed - the other models all looked lovely, as did Laura :nod: .

AY got me worried when she said she used fair as I ordered porcelain and I started to think mine would be too light however I'm starting to think I have picked the right one as hers did look a bit much!

Yeah I got the porcelain at midnight, first TSV in a while I've stayed up for. I like the look of it, very wearable I think. I'm going to give it a go and if it doesn't suit I'll probably give to my sister. I think Ali Y would have been better in the porcelain, as she is paler than me and the fair is definately too dark for me. Looking forward to getting it through. :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back