Laura Geller TSV - 06/08/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura Geller TSV - 6/08/11

Really like this - usually use the Regular B&B, but it has always been a bit dark, am a sort of sallow olive in winter. tanned at the mo so it is fine, but thinking of getting the Pale for the winter, what do folks advise please?

Tried the Halo but it looked like flour on my face.

If you wear Regular you will not be able to wear the porcelain. I have it and it is paler than the Fair Halo and the BE Fairly Light shade if that's any help.

I'm really pleased we're getting the full US kit. Not bothered about the brush as by all accounts it was useless anyway. Looks a great TSV, well done QVC.

Bet it sells out really quick.
Pity about the brush, I like her brushes & it would be nice for once to get the full kit that the US got. We always seem to lose out on something.

If you wear Regular you will not be able to wear the porcelain. I have it and it is paler than the Fair Halo and the BE Fairly Light shade if that's any help.

I'm really pleased we're getting the full US kit. Not bothered about the brush as by all accounts it was useless anyway. Looks a great TSV, well done QVC.

Does the porcelain have a pink tone?

thanks

Does the porcelain have a pink tone?

thanks

Well I have pink undertones anyway so I suppose the pink tones wouldn't be as obvious on me, but I wouldn't say it leaves a pink tone on your skin. I would say the liquid foundation she does has a cool, pink undertone to it and the porcelain is not as strong as that. It has no yellow in it but is more of a bright ivory than a pink IMO.

I'm really surprised that this is showing up without the brush. The US kit was in a fitted tin, with a place for everything. I thought they churned a few thousand extra out for us while they were at it, at minimal extra cost. They must really be trying to shave every penny off the price. I would like this tsv and, while I'm not desperately bothered at the absence of the brush and the tin, they would have been nice. I saw a demo of the kit and they made a very big deal of the angle of the brush being perfect for selecting the colour you want from the compact. Feeling a bit miffed now. I think I NEED that brush!!

i use the regular B&B but i this winter i bought the pale and got the tan version with the last TSV for in the summer. i can use the reg. all year if i need to but the pale version is great for getting rid of the mid winter grey tinge that haunts me without looking 'made up' if you know what i mean. i am loving the Tan version at the moment, what actual tan i got from the good weather (was so long ago i have forgotten when lol) has faded so i use it instead of bronzer. it tops up my natural colour and again looks totally natural
my reg. is getting low so i will def. be getting this set. we havent had a decent brush in an LG TSV in years

I sense another uproar with people on the QVC FB page if there's a brush missing just like the last smashbox tsv had a brush missing even though there was no concealer brush included...

Can't wait for this tsv to get the porcelain b&b, I already use the fair, but sometimes my face looks a little darker than my neck so hoping the porcelain is a much better match and I,m nearly out of the fair as well, so the timing is perfect.
all the colours look really nice. Very subtle, which I like as I,m so pale anything too stongly pigmented makes me look like coco the clown.

I was wondering what the 3 coloured highligter thing reminded me off and then it came to me: the Cipria powder from Brenda Christian, although it had 4 colours, and LG only has three, the shades look very similar to me.
Still, like Lauras stuff, apart from the B&B, which sadly makes my skin go dry, so will sell that on ebay probably

The cheek palette is supposed to be based on the icecream it's named after - vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.

I have been waiting for a TSV as I need a fair and regular foundation and like getting a few extra bits for free. Not that bothered about the brush. Don't like the look of the eye colour and not a fan of her mascara.

Does this mean there is new packaging then? And are there any ideas on the price yet please?

My QVC August newsletter email has just come- has a picture of what we think is the TSV under Laura Geller section. Definately showing no brush or tin!

I know the pound isn't as good as it has been against the dollar but surely with 'QVC's buying power (??!!)' they can afford to give us a tim and a brush that would have cost pennies!!!! The production run is bound to have included the UK run as well (as thats how you would bring prices down eg good old ecenomies of scale) so where are our tins and brushes???!!!!

I so wish I had the nerve to ring in one day and put them on the spot asking where they are are!! Can you imagine their faces if a forum member rang in and gave them some of our observations.....we would be sacked as QVC customers ha ha!!

My QVC August newsletter email has just come- has a picture of what we think is the TSV under Laura Geller section. Definately showing no brush or tin!

I know the pound isn't as good as it has been against the dollar but surely with 'QVC's buying power (??!!)' they can afford to give us a tim and a brush that would have cost pennies!!!! The production run is bound to have included the UK run as well (as thats how you would bring prices down eg good old ecenomies of scale) so where are our tins and brushes???!!!!

I so wish I had the nerve to ring in one day and put them on the spot asking where they are are!! Can you imagine their faces if a forum member rang in and gave them some of our observations.....we would be sacked as QVC customers ha ha!!

Wot no tin!! Why are we always the poor relation getting so fed up with QVC lately.

Latest posts

Back