Large rises in postal charges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper

It won't let me edit the title (WHY????), it should read "Large rises"

From what I've heard, 2nd class stamp up from 36p to 50p, 1st class 60p, but what will affect us most is the minimum charge for a small packet (up to 750g) will go up to £2-70

Last edited:
Be interesting to see how much Q put up their delivery costs, bearing in mind they are already extortionate!

I rarely buy from QVC now because of their P&P.

I've bought two things since Xmas - a trespass jacket and a kipling bag,both TSV's.

I go elsewhere now - mainly amazon and ebay.Amazon because of the free delivery (mostly) and ebay because things are on the whole cheaper.

The only thing QVC has going for it,is the 30 day MBG.I've received a pair of trousers I bought from Ebay and they're too small.Its hard to get refunds/swap on ebay in my experience whereas if I'd bought from QVC they'd be on their way back.....not that I'm buying any clothes from QVC :dull:

However my whole cost price of these trousers were a fiver including P&P,so I'm not that bothered!!!

It won't let me edit the title (WHY????), it should read "Large rises"

From what I've heard, 2nd class stamp up from 36p to 50p, 1st class 60p, but what will affect us most is the minimum charge for a small packet (up to 750g) will go up to £2-70

I was going to buy a dress a week or so ago as it was at a super bargain price, was just about to pay, when I noticed the P & P was £6.95, (how on earth can they justify charging that) hence I didn't buy it, its disgusting, I also use Ebay & Amazon, and always try to check internet prices before buying from QVC, bet they have lost lots of customers!!!!!!!!

I've not bought anything from Q so far this year!!!! and the p and p is the major reason. Saw this today about price rises, is it just stamps for letters and cards that are going up or all postal charges? Where will it all end,? just had council tax and water bill eeek is all I can say!!!!

This has nothing to do with postal rates, but as silversequin mentioned water rates, maybe this will help someone. Welsh Water Assist caps per annum, water@£120 and sewerage@£120 if you a) receive certain benefits and b) have a medical condition which requires the use of a lot of water. I applied this time last year and received full credit for the year, which ended Mar.31! I have M.E.|Fybromyalgia and take baths with epsom salts to remove pains|lactic acid. Maybe other boards have something similar but I find it's not promoted much, go figure!?! What I know, Snarly shares!

I shall be warning everyone that only family will be receiving Xmas cards this year! I get my Xmas cards in charity shops in the sale, normally send out about 100, but the stamps would far outweigh the cards in cost so I ain't doing it! As to QVC, I await with interest to see what happens to the already OTT P & P charges!

I think 50/60p to send an item anywhere you like in the UK is still a bargain, but I agree that QVC will add to their already high postage rates. And of course if you have to return a package to them that will be more expensive.
If anyone is interested in stocking up on stamps, you can use the ones that say 1st or 2nd regardless of the price you paid for them.

Yep, qvc will be dead in the water if they hike the P & P anymore. I am going to bulk buy a few stamps before the change-over happens.

12 shillings for a stamp ! thats three quarters of the amount I earned in Woolworths as a Saturday girll in 1965 !!! (18/- ) eeeeeeeek !

Yep, qvc will be dead in the water if they hike the P & P anymore. I am going to bulk buy a few stamps before the change-over happens.

12 shillings for a stamp ! thats three quarters of the amount I earned in Woolworths as a Saturday girll in 1965 !!! (18/- ) eeeeeeeek !

But how much was a stamp in those days Brissles?

This has nothing to do with postal rates, but as silversequin mentioned water rates, maybe this will help someone. Welsh Water Assist caps per annum, water@£120 and sewerage@£120 if you a) receive certain benefits and b) have a medical condition which requires the use of a lot of water. I applied this time last year and received full credit for the year, which ended Mar.31! I have M.E.|Fybromyalgia and take baths with epsom salts to remove pains|lactic acid. Maybe other boards have something similar but I find it's not promoted much, go figure!?! What I know, Snarly shares!

(mum writes)

This is interesting. I too have ME and terrible fibromyalgia and haven't come across anyone else so far who also suffers. I'm interested in this idea of Epsom salts reducing pain - that's something I've not heard of before. I will also check with my water provider and see what they have to offer. Thanks!!

Getting ready for the big Post Office sell-off.

Most items on QVC will be worth less than the postage in future!

Different Pespective dogpile.com

Hello Moth-I am delighted to help! Check out nightingale.ca & hummingbirdsguide.com by Jodie Bassett, both good ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sites. Trying to have the Canadian definition/guidelines accepted world-wide. If you, or a loved one, has any condition/illness, try the massive search engine dogpile.com which lists CanAm sites, so you get a different perspective. I've had these 'tag-alongs' for 23 years, so what Snarly knows, Snarly shares ... uh, that's whatever she can remember, sigh!!!

Thanks for all the info re the water costs, didn't know about that. I am a Lupus sufferer, so I too have all the achy breaky bruisy knackered issues too.

But how much was a stamp in those days Brissles?

Damned if I know, did'nt involve myself with posting stuff, the parents did that - I was more interested in having a lipstick for 1/6d, a pair of tights for 1/11d and saving up for a 'decent' pair of shoes for 49/11d !

I think 50/60p to send an item anywhere you like in the UK is still a bargain, but I agree that QVC will add to their already high postage rates. And of course if you have to return a package to them that will be more expensive.
If anyone is interested in stocking up on stamps, you can use the ones that say 1st or 2nd regardless of the price you paid for them.

You beat me to it Pickles - but it's worth drawing attention to it - definitely worth stocking up, as you rightly said they don't expire, they remain 1st or 2nd class.

I run a small business from home and buy mine in sheets of 100 - maybe family members could split the cost and bulk buy.

Currently 100 X 46p = £46.00 compared to 100 X 60p = £60.00 Saving a hefty £14.00

inatizzy X

Be interesting to see how much Q put up their delivery costs, bearing in mind they are already extortionate!

Yes, they already charge OTT for P&P considering the courier only gets paid 50p per parcel ... and i never get my QVC by post

Any way we can make a saving!

I should also add that if you receive some Benefits and have little ones, you may qualify with Welsh Water Assist. I assumed that parents would already know, but assuming is wrong, naughty Snarly! Saving money is a Good Thing to share - thanks for letting me go off-topic (postal rates) but I want to help ... so says a mild-mannered Snarly, well at-the-moment, anyway!

Latest posts

Back