Kuhn Rikon TSV 09/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I missed out last time they were a TSV and they looked good, and I couldn't get them cheaper anywhere else. KR stuff is usually good quality, although I've seen similar scissors in Lidl's occasionally.

I often have to cut very thick cardboard, for example.

Kuhn Rikon seems really good kit isn't it?

Q's prices seem to be generally keen too so I'll take a look at the TSV, I wouldn't mind some scissors too :mysmilie_59:

Be careful though, years ago I tried cutting some plastic packaging, you know the tough stuff, and they snapped completely in two, coming apart were the join/screw is, cutting my thumb. That was years ago though, they may have strengthened them by now, but just thought I best let you know to be careful, I've still got the scar.

Be careful though, years ago I tried cutting some plastic packaging, you know the tough stuff, and they snapped completely in two, coming apart were the join/screw is, cutting my thumb. That was years ago though, they may have strengthened them by now, but just thought I best let you know to be careful, I've still got the scar.

I hope they've had long enough to strengthen their scissors by now, they've been going since 1926!

You must have been really unlucky, they seem to get consistency very high review ratings from every retailer and independent review site I've looked at.

I noticed even Saint Delia seems to use some of their kit :mysmilie_59:

I hope they've had long enough to strengthen their scissors by now, they've been going since 1926!

You must have been really unlucky, they seem to get consistency very high review ratings from every retailer and independent review site I've looked at.

I noticed even Saint Delia seems to use some of their kit :mysmilie_59:

Yeah, I must've been unlucky mustn't I. All I did was hold the plastic in my left hand, scissors in my right and just as I cut into the plastic packaging they shot apart, as they did the blade went into my hand (true story) hope they've strengthened them since 2011 when last bought mine.

Yeah, I must've been unlucky mustn't I. All I did was hold the plastic in my left hand, scissors in my right and just as I cut into the plastic packaging they shot apart, as they did the blade went into my hand (true story) hope they've strengthened them since 2011 when last bought mine.

Jeez :mysmilie_13:

Got the cast aluminium casserole dish*, the ceramic pan with the glass lid*, ceramic milk pan & scissors, all fab, so will be watching with interest.
(* these two items rendered my uber expensive Le Creuset cast iron stuff obsolete overnight.)

The scissors are really good and the food chopper is one of the best kitchen item I have ever bought. It's brilliant!

Is that the PULL CHOP? I have one, it works OK, but very difficult to clean the inside of the lid properly as it cannot be immersed in water, have to wipe with damp cloth only, which is useless if you've been chopping oily things.

Yes the pull chopper. I've only used mine for chopping up lots of things for a salad. It makes it look so nice and appealing, so it's great for my slimming days. I just rinse it under the tap and it's fine. When I first got it I didn't know it couldn't be immersed and put it in the dishwasher and it came out ok, thank goodness

I use the pull chopper most days. I only use it for veg ie onions, peppers, garlic. It managed raw beetroot too. I love it and will replace it when it dies but so far it is in perfect condition. I just wipe the top and wash the base. I am careful with the sharp blade

I have had a pair of Fiskars scissors (orange handle) since 1996, and they've cut everything. I initially inherited them when I bought a shop, so assume they'd done a lot of work before I had them. I took them with me and worried for ages that if they broke, I'd never be able to replace them.

Then, a few weeks ago, I saw them in the gardening section in Tesco for £12, with 20% off. Needless to say, I got them, but seriously doubt I'll ever need them.

Oh, and they come in left and right hand versions and are really comfortable to use even when cutting though the toughest stuff.

I use the pull chopper most days. I only use it for veg ie onions, peppers, garlic. It managed raw beetroot too. I love it and will replace it when it dies but so far it is in perfect condition. I just wipe the top and wash the base. I am careful with the sharp blade

I bought the chopper when it was TSV some weeks ago and the first thing I tried was ice cream, the same way they had done in the presentation. Well, it worked, but one of the blades looked like having been bitten by a mouse and that should not be the case... Phoned customer service and sent the choppert back, I am now on waiting list for a new one as they didn't have the colour I wanted.

Maybe your TSV is the chopper again? Or the foldable silicone colanders?

I love it that Google auto-translates "Universalhacker" as Universal Hacker! :mysmilie_46:

You really need two blades as well, to go with the two bowls, as otherwise I don't see much point.

It shouldn't cost much extra to give an extra blade, most of the cost is in the lid mechanism, and you only need one of those.

Latest posts

Back