Kuhn Rikon TSV 09/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Concerning the blades: If you have a look at the similar Tupperware product, you can buy the blades seperately but they are expensive.
E.g. I own the Quick Chef and new blades for that one are 20€.

I bought the tall colour pot last year (or maybe longer). After 3 uses the non-stick came unstuck, but it was after the 30 day MBG. I'd seen loads of reviews saying the same but QVC flat-out refused to take it back so I contacted KR directly. They were great, immediately asking for my details so they could post out a replacement.

After advice here, though, I contacted Q again, stating the consumer regulations and they eventually gave me a refund.

I didn't bother asking KR for a replacement after Q's refund as I didn't fancy eating non-stick coating with my food, but it is nice to see a company with good customer services out there.

I bought the tall stainless steel pan. I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I mainly use it for streaming asparagus and boiling new potatoes.

I bought the tall stainless steel pan. I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I mainly use it for streaming asparagus and boiling new potatoes.

I wanted the stainless one, but settled for the coloured one. I didn't use it as much as I thought I would either. Hence my discovery of the poor quality non-stick after the 30 day MBG. I found the wire-type handle difficult to use when the pan was full so ended up using a normal pan over it. Plus I have an induction hob so a wider bottomed pot boiled quicker. Pasta would fall through the basket, too, which annoyed me.

I bought the stainless one as it looked so useful eg you could cook about 30 eggs.

Having bought it when it was the TSV, I realised that I never cook more than 2 eggs anyway.

So I've used it once!

AND the description STILL says 1.5 litres (it is 2.5) after about a year, and despite me telling QVC about the error.

When I got mine, it was £19-92 + £3-95 pp with one bowl.

So £4 more in total.

I wonder if the bowl size was different, I think they do make a couple of sizes.

I bought the Kuhn Rikon "scissors" (they're more like a pair of secateur style than exactly scissors) for myself and for my parents from eBay and I use them daily and they're amazing! Helped that they were a bargain price on eBay too of course! They cut through everything and are so comfortable and ergonomical. Dad had psoriatic arthritis and I have rheumatoid and they were perfect...

I also have the smaller version of the stainless steel tall pan (it's known as a fourth burner pan in America) and I gave my parents the big version and we both use them daily too! I use it for everything from veg to pasta, to corn on the cob etc etc.

However, I also bought the original pull chop - again off eBay! - and although it's great in theory and does chop well, I decided to donate it to the charity shop just this week! I think we used it twice mainly because it killed me to pull it sufficiently and was such a nightmare to clean! I would use it for chopping onions etc, but not being able to submerge it or clean it properly renders it useless to me!

By the way, in Germany they said you can open the lid to clean it properly.

And the chopper they offer in Germany has another "scratcher" on the bottomside of the blades, don't understand why the UK version doesn't have that because that little thing is very useful.

I'm not interested in the upcoming TSV but we did get the set of 2 Shears for £24 delivered a few weeks back. They're excellent (a very rare Q purchase for us these days although it's the second we've made this year having not bought anything from them for ages).

The Shears are highly recommended, exceptionally high quality. They look great and feel really safe in the hand too :mysmilie_59:

By the way, in Germany they said you can open the lid to clean it properly.

And the chopper they offer in Germany has another "scratcher" on the bottomside of the blades, don't understand why the UK version doesn't have that because that little thing is very useful.

Yes I did read on the instructions that you can unscrew the lid and take it apart if water gets in but it's a huge palaver and not something that you would want to do very often at all (or, rather I wouldn't!) so still not practical for my needs.
I remember I used it to crush biscuits for s cheesecake base one day, trying to clean the grease and crumbs out only to discover it still had a vague hint of onion from the lid. That put me off ;)

I understand. But now, what shall I do? My replacement chopper from the waitlist will arrive today and I thought it to be a nice gadget as long as you don't try the ice cream from the presentation.

I have just seen that the bowls of the upcoming TSV are the bigger, 0.6 l ones, the same they had on QVC Germany. Only the second scratcher is missing, at least it is not in the description, but if the blades come with it, I might better order the UK TSV for the second bowl.;-)

I also notice that on the website that say it is "dishwasher safe" now I may be wrong but I am sure you can't put the lid into the dishwasher as this has put me off buying it in the past, as I have a compromised immune system and need to very careful with food hygiene. So not being able to wash the lid made it a no no for me.
I will watch and see what is said on the day, who knows maybe they have improved the design of the lid making it dishwasher safe now.

No, the lid shouldn't be put into the dishwasher, but of course you can wash it with a cloth and detergent (at least that's what I will do once my chopper has arrived. Unfortunately, the tracking that worked yesterday and told me my product would arrive today, just doesn't work today so I don't know whether I will get it today or on Monday.)

This is (I think) the presentation on QVC US - http://www.qvc.com/Kuhn-Rikon-2.4-Cup-Pull-&-Chop-wExtra-Bowl-&-Storage-Lids.product.K42447.html?sc=K42447-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-K42447&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/k/47/k42447.001?$uslarge$

I don't know how you call it properly in English. With scratcher I refer to this little plastic "blade" which the UK version only has on the upper side of the blades to throw the vegetable or whatever from under the lid back down into the bowl. The German version also has this little thing on the other side of the blades to turn the stuff from the bottom up into the blades again.

Latest posts

Back