KitchenAid TSV 14/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am 50 and have been baking since i was 8. used a wooden spoon for decades. then bought a small electrical hand whisk. the secon one broke after 10 yeras and i was going to buy anather. i had a very small amount of money and just though what the heck. i use mine nearly everyday and bake dozens of cupcakes and celebration cakes for friends. i even baked a 4 tier wedding cake for my daughters wedding on saturday. its only worth it if you have the space and if you love baking which i do!

Want to be my friend boffy? I would love a friend to give me little gifts of home baked goodies. They would be so much more appreciated than the usual tat you receive and dont want!

I ordered the Kitchenaid Classic with grating attachments before the tsv and it arrived yesterday with UPS. It took one day from dispatch to arrive so I'm very pleased. It came in a huge box but haven't had time to sort it out yet. Seems very sturdy and think I will love it.

Tiddlywinks - Hope yours has arrived and you are pleased with it.

:envy: :envy: :envy:

Mine hasn't arrived yet but the flexi-blade paddle thingy has arrived from Amazon so all I need now is the mixer :mysmilie_10:

I'd planned to spend the whole weekend trying it out and have bought half of my body weight in flour, butter, sugar etc so keeping everything crossed that I get it otherwise I'm going to be a very disappointed bunny indeed.

Let me know how you go with yours.

Tiddly

:hi:

Aww Tiddly. :hi:

There is still hope as mine arrived by UPS around 5.30 yesterday so fingers crossed yours will arrive. :cake:

Aww Tiddly. :hi:

There is still hope as mine arrived by UPS around 5.30 yesterday so fingers crossed yours will arrive. :cake:

Well... mine has just arrived BUT... I'm hoping that you can help with a little 'issue' I have.

With all this talk of 'used goods' on another thread, it made me look extra carefully at the mixer.

It looks OK at first glance but there is a residue on the balloon whisk attachment - a sort of dried on powder on the wire bits only... does yours have this? Also, the plug and lead were just stuffed in the bowl - no cable ties nor the usual cover for the prongs on the plug... again, am I just being paranoid? Was yours boxed like this?

I'm so excited but don't want to get going until I'm sure I don't have to send it back for an exchange!

Thanks in advance...

I am just on my way out to pick up my daughter at College but will check and let you know as soon as I get back.

Well... mine has just arrived BUT... I'm hoping that you can help with a little 'issue' I have.

With all this talk of 'used goods' on another thread, it made me look extra carefully at the mixer.

It looks OK at first glance but there is a residue on the balloon whisk attachment - a sort of dried on powder on the wire bits only... does yours have this? Also, the plug and lead were just stuffed in the bowl - no cable ties nor the usual cover for the prongs on the plug... again, am I just being paranoid? Was yours boxed like this?

I'm so excited but don't want to get going until I'm sure I don't have to send it back for an exchange!

Thanks in advance...

Mine just arrived via UPS - no outer box, just the Kitchenaid one?? Im going to unpack and scrutinise EVERY part.....:bandit:

I am BEYONG gutted!! Mine arrived with deep gouges on the side (over the word Artisan near the 'release' lever) Its going back and im not buying expensive stuff from Q again! Over £400 and its clearly been returned by someone else because the polystyrene was smashed to pieces too :(

Ive taken pictures of the damage and polystyrene bits......what a let down

Mine just arrived via UPS - no outer box, just the Kitchenaid one?? Im going to unpack and scrutinise EVERY part.....:bandit:

Mine came in the Kitchen Aid box with two other boxes for the bowl and grater and they were all packed into a big brown UPS box. Was this how yours was packed?

Out of interest, does your wire whisk attachment have any fine residue (like dried powder) on some of it? Did the plug have cable ties or a cover over the prongs?

Thanks

Tiddly

Mine came in the Kitchen Aid box with two other boxes for the bowl and grater and they were all packed into a big brown UPS box. Was this how yours was packed?

Out of interest, does your wire whisk attachment have any fine residue (like dried powder) on some of it? Did the plug have cable ties or a cover over the prongs?

Thanks

Tiddly

No the whole thing was in just the bashed about Kitchenaid box, no outer box at all and the mixer was 'put together', not in seperate boxes. I couldnt see the whisk attachment(attached to the mixer) as there was half a ton of smashed polystyrene in the bowl which the whisk was in. The plug was in the bowl too but no plug cover or cable ties!

I have rung CS at Q and they said this one must have ''slipped through the net''. They tried to say a courier would come from the 23rd onwards but I have insisted on a pick up this Monday as I want my money back as a matter of urgency!

how very odd. i bought my kenwood chef from amazon used and it was in factory fresh condition. there was a tiny finger dent on the outer box but that was it. why do qvc do this. its so upsetting and unproffessional. if you buy it cheap shop solied for half price then thats ok but to pay that kind of money (full price) on a used item is beyond belief!

I have just had the very same 'conversation' with QVC. Im going to buy from elsewhere as soon as I have my refund

Hi Tiddly,

I've just checked my Kitchenaid out and I would think yours is ok to be honest. Mine came in three boxes as in mixer, bowl and grating attachment which were all packed like yours in a large brown UPS box. When I opened the mixer the plug itself has no plastic cover and was just loosely wound with the cable in the silver bowl. I can see what you mean about a little bit of residue on the balloon whisk but I think this is just left over from manufacturing and I think it is noticeable as the other two attachments are white. The balloon whisk was set up and attached to the stand mixer rather than packed in the polystyrene as well. I hope this helps and that you are happy with yours.

Sorry to hear others are having problems and if QVC are sending out returns that's awful.

I feel so sorry for you - especially as you were so excited about buying one etc. and the price of them, we're not talking £9.99 here are we!! How disgraceful of QVC - if it was a TSV then ALL of the mixers should have been brand new and freshly shipped-in stock ..Surely?

I have a Kitchen Aid - my lovely parents treated me to one back in the summer. After a lot of searching, I found the cheapest place was Harts of Stur. Amazing customer service - dad ordered me a boysenberry one as I love purple but when it arrived I wasn't keen on the colour. I rang them and a lovely lady ran backwards and forwards checking all the colours for me, describing them because they do look slightly different on screen. Once I'd decided on a new colour they arranged to pick up the boysenberry one the next day and bring the replacement at the same time! They even said I could change my mind as often as I like, even working through the entire colour scheme, although that would cost £20 for the courier each time! (they said for the cost of the mixer, it had to be right) The mixer came with a free gift of Jamie Oliver full set of bakeware and the grater attachments. They told me to return the original machine but keep the free gift and they wouldn't send the new one with the extras. However when it arrived, all sealed in 2 boxes and an outer box, there was another set of extras. I rang to explain and find out how to return them and was told to keep them for my honesty! Highly recommend them (and the kitchen aid! :biggrin: )

I have a Kitchen Aid - my lovely parents treated me to one back in the summer. After a lot of searching, I found the cheapest place was Harts of Stur. Amazing customer service - dad ordered me a boysenberry one as I love purple but when it arrived I wasn't keen on the colour. I rang them and a lovely lady ran backwards and forwards checking all the colours for me, describing them because they do look slightly different on screen. Once I'd decided on a new colour they arranged to pick up the boysenberry one the next day and bring the replacement at the same time! They even said I could change my mind as often as I like, even working through the entire colour scheme, although that would cost £20 for the courier each time! (they said for the cost of the mixer, it had to be right) The mixer came with a free gift of Jamie Oliver full set of bakeware and the grater attachments. They told me to return the original machine but keep the free gift and they wouldn't send the new one with the extras. However when it arrived, all sealed in 2 boxes and an outer box, there was another set of extras. I rang to explain and find out how to return them and was told to keep them for my honesty! Highly recommend them (and the kitchen aid! :biggrin: )

I have the Boysenberry colour as I too love purple. I wasn't keen on the Grape colour one and I am glad I chose it. I ordered mine from Wheesh and mine also came with free gifts and a Kitchenaid cookbook that you sent off for. What colour did you go for in the end Mau-Mum?

Latest posts

Back