KitchenAid TSV 14/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IceB, hello to you over here! I have a Classic which I was lucky enough to buy in brand new condition from Shrewsbury outlet about 2 years ago. I'd have loved an Artisan in Boysenberry if budget were no object, but my Classic does everything I need. In all honesty, unless you are a professional cook, it is unlikely that you will ask anything of the Classic that it can't do that an Artisan could. The only time I came close to capacity on the Classic was when I was doing a large cake for my cake decorating course, and even then it was only the bowl size that was the issue, not the power of the machine (and you can buy a larger glass bowl if needed). I fairly certain I read somewhere that you need to be cake making on a daily basis to justify moving up to an Artisan on a capacity basis (that doesn't stop me wanting an Artisan for the gorgeous look of it). I also have a seperate Kitchenaid food processor, but that's because at one point I was making chutneys in scale quantities for sale.

Hope that helps!

I can get the artisan in my choice of colour from Amazon for £400 delivered - reckon £25 is worth it (also - sausage stuffer? WTF?)

IceB, hello to you over here! I have a Classic which I was lucky enough to buy in brand new condition from Shrewsbury outlet about 2 years ago. I'd have loved an Artisan in Boysenberry if budget were no object, but my Classic does everything I need. In all honesty, unless you are a professional cook, it is unlikely that you will ask anything of the Classic that it can't do that an Artisan could. The only time I came close to capacity on the Classic was when I was doing a large cake for my cake decorating course, and even then it was only the bowl size that was the issue, not the power of the machine (and you can buy a larger glass bowl if needed). I fairly certain I read somewhere that you need to be cake making on a daily basis to justify moving up to an Artisan on a capacity basis (that doesn't stop me wanting an Artisan for the gorgeous look of it). I also have a seperate Kitchenaid food processor, but that's because at one point I was making chutneys in scale quantities for sale.

Hope that helps!

I have the Artisan in Boysenberry and it is gorgeous. Hubby bought it for me 2 years ago for our anniversary. I had a food processor which had numerous bits and pieces with it, but it drove me mad as the lid was a nightmare to click shut and then the actual processor bowl got a crack in it (plastic) so that went and I lusted after the Kitchenaid and very nearly bought a classic one which came with an icecream maker from QVC until I measured my freezer and realised that the bowl was too big for the shelves so that was that!! Artisan in boysenberry was then ordered lol... hehehe:happy:

Hope that helps!

Am intending to buy the Artisan (as its on easy pay) but need advice on any 'extras' you can recommend please?

I'm hoping to start bread making (do I need dough hook?) what about veggie slicing? Don't need pasta maker (life is too short)

Anything else?

Am intending to buy the Artisan (as its on easy pay) but need advice on any 'extras' you can recommend please?

I'm hoping to start bread making (do I need dough hook?) what about veggie slicing? Don't need pasta maker (life is too short)

Anything else?

Just noticed it comes with flat beater and dough hook :happy:

Anything else?

Buy a separate beater attachment with the silicone wedge on the side. It makes for better mixing and scraping from the sides. Cost me £30 online but its the one I use the most!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Because I also have a Kitchenaid food processor, I use my Classic mainly for baking. If I didn't have the food processor, personally I would also want grater, slicer and a blender attachments, but it obviously depends on what you cook most often. I'd like an extra bowl, so that I could be whipping up buttercream etc whilst cake's in the oven and bowl's in the dish washer. HTH!

BTW, if you do like baking, you might like to look at my recipe for caramel macchiato cupcakes that I posted on my blog this week, but don't look if you're on a diet!

Because I also have a Kitchenaid food processor, I use my Classic mainly for baking. If I didn't have the food processor, personally I would also want grater, slicer and a blender attachments, but it obviously depends on what you cook most often. I'd like an extra bowl, so that I could be whipping up buttercream etc whilst cake's in the oven and bowl's in the dish washer. HTH!

BTW, if you do like baking, you might like to look at my recipe for caramel macchiato cupcakes that I posted on my blog this week, but don't look if you're on a diet!
I'm full of admiration for you guys . Chopping . Slicing . Stuffing sausages . Whipping meringues ! I hate cooking . Lol

I was hanging on to find out what the TSV was going to be - hoping it was an Artisan on easy pay.

When I saw it was another Classic, I started to do a bit of costing and soul searching :thinking:.

In the end, because I really wanted a spare bowl and the veggie grater, I went for this one:

http://www.qvcuk.com/KitchenAid-Cla...ELL-_-X-SELL-_-2&relType=X-SELL&refLocation=2

It's on easy pay over 4 months and has the bits I need to start trying it out... ordered it yesterday so can't wait for it to arrive. :happy:

Nice to see you over here as well Dips and thank you for the advice on the Kitchenaid. I agree as lovely as the Artisan is the Classic is going to be perfect for me.

I also went for the same Classic as Tiddlywinks as it had all the extra items I particularly wanted such as spare bowl, slicer and grater tool. I have to say I wasn't bothered about the sausage stuffer! I really want to make carrot cake and coleslaw etc so knew this was the better buy for me and as soon as you start pricing up the individual items the price rockets if you can even get the attachments you want. The 4 easy pays definitely made up my mind as it became a much more affordable item. Looking forward to the shows and hoping to pick up some good tips.

I'm so sad (and excited) that I've set Sky+ to record all the KitchenAid shows from tomorrow - then I'm going to sit and watch them all when I get home.

Do you think the return date will be January for this? Does it count as a possible 'gift' for the extended christmas money back guarantee?

I presume the extended guarantee would stand if it's a gift. Mines a gift to me! :happy:

I'm looking forward to the shows as well and looking forward to using it when it arrives. :cake:

I also ordered mine yesterday and it is still in process has yours shipped yet Tiddlywinks?

Ooh, how lovely for both of you, that looks like a really excellent package, with the sort of extras that you'd actually use (not sure how much sausage stuffing I'd do, Matron :wink:). Funnily enough, until I got my Kitchenaid, I could never find a mixer that was as good as the 40 year old, second hand Kenwood that I had as a student!

I'm dieting at the moment, and in some sort of perverse self-torture, I become obsessed with cake recipes when I'm doing this :)

I presume the extended guarantee would stand if it's a gift. Mines a gift to me! :happy:

I'm looking forward to the shows as well and looking forward to using it when it arrives. :cake:

I also ordered mine yesterday and it is still in process has yours shipped yet Tiddlywinks?

Forgot that you could check on the new site - just popped over there to have a look and mine is still showing as 'in process' too. I ordered at lunchtime yesterday using Q-Cut.

Hope they get ours shipped out before everyone else starts ordering! Getting impatient now... fingers crossed about the MBG extension... just in case.

Dips your making me hungry now

The Irish bloke just said that it does have extended guarantee AND that if you return it, because of the weight, they will pick it up!!

Poor TSV the sausage attchement is one of them items ull rarely ever use .

Latest posts

Back