Kipling TSV 5th Sept 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ummed & aahed...liked the plum & teal colours but a bit "tall" for me, prefer a more east-to-west design - I ended up ordering the Lyris in the Airstream option, hope I like it!

I've got a yellow leather bag, Tignanello, but I've never noticed an increase in insect attraction lol. Like the TSV it's quite a mustardy yellow which is fab because it works equally well summer and winter. Looks great if I'm wearing all black and it's fab with navy and grey.

I've got a yellow leather bag, Tignanello, but I've never noticed an increase in insect attraction lol. Like the TSV it's quite a mustardy yellow which is fab because it works equally well summer and winter. Looks great if I'm wearing all black and it's fab with navy and grey.

P'raps OH was just trying to console me Tinks, after faffin' & fartin' about & missing my first colour choice..........& after spending most of today doing the 'dithery can't decide/really afford anyway, sad face' stuff he practically forced me to buy the pink one.........! :mysmilie_59:

Marie Whotsit just mentioned that for the first time they have named one of the monkeys after a customer - someone with a collection of over 400 bags! Bit excessive isn't it? If they were an average of £40 each, that would be about £16,000!

Marie Whotsit just mentioned that for the first time they have named one of the monkeys after a customer - someone with a collection of over 400 bags! Bit excessive isn't it? If they were an average of £40 each, that would be about £16,000!

Well I think so & if you had 400 bags & kept them all for 20 years, you'd only get to use each one about 18 times which is a bit silly IMHO! Still it's their money I guess & who am I to talk anyway, I collect crockery & despite being only a family of 3, I think I had about 8 different sets of soup & pudding bowls at the last count, probably more actually.........! LOL

Hurray, my TSV bag has arrived! I love it! (I first bought a Kipling bag about 20+ years ago, used it as a baby bag, so this is great fun to have one again in a not too dissimilar shape to that original one, as I don't like any of the barrel/gym bag shaped ones!)
I got the red plum, which is a very deep claret pinky red, gorgeous colour, much darker than it appears on both QVC's & Kipling's own websites! Looks like it will hold a reasonable amount of cr*p, so will amuse myself this afternoon stuffing it to capacity! I don't actually carry around that much stuff compared to most women but love the fact that it is quite 'tall', so a bottle of water for example (unless the taller slimmer ones, or a sports cap, they won't!) will sit upright easily in it!
Unless it falls apart in the next couple of weeks, I am most pleased with it - I struggle to carry any real weight now & this is so lightweight & the strap (done up to the shortest length) is exactly right for me if I want to wear it as a shoulder bag!
Is only nylon I know but for an everyday bag, yeah, is :cool:!

Well its arrived.Love the colour...although its not a colour I have lots of/wear lots of..its quite a good neutral for the autumn.Love the print on it (kipling taupe logo) really is like the older fun kipling stuff.Smaller than I was expecting and straps not really for over the shoulder as I had hoped.Might at a push if I was wearing a t shirt.I prefer bags to be either cross body or shoulder straps..don't like the combination of straps,so thats something to consider,for me.

Shape reminds me a bit of the follo/jacqueline and I really disliked both of them.I also disliked those two for the reason they really were a handbag rather than a shoulder bag,as I suspect this will be.

At the moment...undecided.Straps not for me,bag a bit small.gonna try it out.

For anyone who missed it and wanted it kipling now have it as £55 with 10% off plus a free gift and free delivery.

...Smaller than I was expecting and straps not really for over the shoulder as I had hoped.Might at a push if I was wearing a t shirt.I prefer bags to be either cross body or shoulder straps..don't like the combination of straps,so thats something to consider,for me.

...At the moment...undecided.Straps not for me,bag a bit small.gonna try it out.

That is the only thing - as I suspected, the length of the base measures just over 30cm, (as stated on the Kipling site), QVC however (in their usual tricksy manner!) have laid it flat, squashed it down & then measured from sticky out folded edge to sticky out folded edge, thus achieving the 37.4cm they claimed for the length!
This is not a large bag by any means but obviously I only bought it for my needs & for me it's just right but I can see a fair few folk might well be a little disappointed with it, size wise! :thinking:

Yes I do sometimes think its because I use and like a large bag...that IMO everything else seems small.IYSWIM?

I've yet to fill it,but my kipling ginowen (my current/fave kipling) is packed to the rafters.no way will all that go in the enora.It may well end up as a bag that only comes out periodically rather than my everyday bag..so thats what I need to weigh up at the moment.

Yes I do sometimes think its because I use and like a large bag...that IMO everything else seems small.IYSWIM?

I've yet to fill it,but my kipling ginowen (my current/fave kipling) is packed to the rafters.no way will all that go in the enora.It may well end up as a bag that only comes out periodically rather than my everyday bag..so thats what I need to weigh up at the moment.

No, you're right Dottie, this really isn't a big bag but my current one is pretty large & I'm just fed up of toting it around now, it is fairly hefty empty but filled to capacity it weighs a ruddy ton! I'm a bit feeble now & the weight hurts my shoulder tbh!

To be absolutely perfect, the TSV bag could've been a weeny bit bigger, (as in longer!) but overall I like it & it is certainly sufficient for my needs!
My current bag has 3 separate sections but I wanted a bag with only one, as I struggle to both hold a bag & open the outside sections & I keep my allergy stuff (epipen, inhaler, antihistamines etc.) in a see through make-up bag, which will now sit in the single section of my new bag, which makes me feel a little more confident that it might be noticed more quickly should I keel over in the street or something, i.e. rummaging not required! lol

Those are the main reasons I decided to go for the TSV....other than the fact I thought it was pwetty! :giggle:

Mine arrived today - the taupe print is lovely but the bag is rather "meh". Yes it can fit my iPad but you have to manoeuvre it in and out of the bag. I agree it reminds me of the Follo or Jacqueline and both of those went back when I ordered them. The Enora just doesn't leap out at me, like its not an instantaneous fall-in-love type of bag. Like shoes, I think if I'm not sure, its best going back. Odd shape really - I didn't really pick that up when I saw it on telly. On balance, I shall probably return it on Monday. I should really know better by now as I've returned every Kipling TSV that I've ordered in the past. Why, oh why, won't QVC do a Defea as a TSV? Now that's my favourite bag!

Yes I feel pretty much the same flamenco...I like the print...but do I love the bag? I'm not sure....

I hated the Jacqueline and the follo.I have a defea and whilst I love it for its shape and size,I hate it that the handles aren't long enough for over my shoulder...which is going to my issue with the enora.

K_W_C...I can't cope with bags with lots of sections.I don't mind the odd zip or pockets but like the main section to be a chuck-it-all-in type.

Ok so i eat my words.Everything from my current kipling ginowan has amazingly all gone in it.I've taken the long strap off which looks better and its a very neat little bag hanging in my hall at the moment!!!

Ok so i eat my words.Everything from my current kipling ginowan has amazingly all gone in it.I've taken the long strap off which looks better and its a very neat little bag hanging in my hall at the moment!!!

That's exactly how I'd describe it too!

If you don't mind losing out on your p&p by not returning it immediately under the DSRs, you might as well give it the 30 days & see how you feel about it after using it for a bit - I've filled mine up (well I haven't actually, still tons of room left! lol) & have been pleasantly surprised at how much it actually holds.....I wish I'd bought the Ochre one now as well but I love the Red Plum that OH suggested I get when the Ochre had sold out!

I have to say I am genuinely surprised at how much I like it, considering how disappointed I have been with most of the other Kipling offerings in recent years since they became a 'fashion brand' instead of what they started out as, which was luggage & practical bags for genuinely carting stuff about in & which were virtually indestructible! (I used one as a baby bag about 20 years ago, I hope this modern day one will prove to be equally useful & long-lasting!) :flower:

Latest posts

Back