Kipling TSV 4th January 2009

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Am I the only one who really doesn't like these Kipling fabric bags? No offence to anyone who loves them (and I know I'm probably in the minority here!) but to me, they just look like crumpled old floppy things with horrible scruffy webbing straps. Just don't seem worth the money charged to me. And I cringe a bit when I see grown women with cuddly monkeys on their bags! :33:

Am I the only one who really doesn't like these Kipling fabric bags? No offence to anyone who loves them (and I know I'm probably in the minority here!) but to me, they just look like crumpled old floppy things with horrible scruffy webbing straps. Just don't seem worth the money charged to me. And I cringe a bit when I see grown women with cuddly monkeys on their bags! :33:

The first thing I do when I get a Kipling bag is take the horrible little monkey off....

I sent 4 Kipling bags back to QVC last year :54: because none of them fitted my requirements, ie too bulky (Follo), too small (Fairfax/Local) or One Time Only but very similar to a bag I already had so shouldn't have been tempted! (Tigan).

Happened to be in the West End so went into the shop in Regent Street. This was great as I could browse to my heart's content and see the colours in real life. I really wanted a bag with a grab handle and long handle so settled on the Defea (called Delta on QVC -why?) in rhubarb. Very pleased with it and have used it for work ever since I bought it.
http://shop.kipling.com/shop-uk/control/handbags/handbags_type/handbags_type_hand/defea-rhubarb - now 30% off OR http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.133140

HTH

I already have a Defea bag in Lilac... It's a great size, but doesn't have the three compartments inside... I think I have only used it once.
I also don't like the colour lilac - why I got it I have no idea....
I do like to keep my stuff seperated...perhaps it's a bit OCD on my part lol

I've never been impressed with them either, and have always wondered what the fuss is about. Never owned one, but I bought the TSV in cheetah, thanks to this forum. Seeing as I said I wouldn't buy anything until the Decleor Tsv I guess that means I've had a relapse on my qvc addiction. I hope I don't have to go back to rehab; rehab is really tough.

I've just gone for it in black. I've not got a black Kipling yet and I like the silver ring on the front.

Birdie I dont get it either, but then again I am a Mulberry girl through and through :laugh::laugh:

Same here, I want to like them but I don't (though I did like the velvet TSV then decided velvet was not practical).

Just heard a t caller raving about them, she has 50 and says they last really well. Of course they will last if you have enough to use a different one each day for nearly two months!

Hi girls, just thought I'd let you know that Kipling's own website is having a sale, lots of bags are way cheaper than QVC!
I personally am interested in the Myleene Purple velvet bag, QVC price £35.90, Kipling sale price £28.77, they are abit pricy on postage at £7.90 but if you spend over £60 it's free!
Just a thought for anyone who is thinking of buying any Kipling Bags check out their own website first you may save yourself some pennies!

http://shop.kipling.com/shop-uk/con...ted_ed_christmas_collec/myleene-purple-velvet

I've just gone for it in black. I've not got a black Kipling yet and I like the silver ring on the front.

Same here. I know I shouldn't have, because I only ordered the Defea/Delta yesterday, but I like it, and it will be so useful, and ... :eek:

I really don't like todays TSV (sorry to those of you who do!) and I have loads of Kipling bags............

the flap looks a bit fiddly like Satis says - a flap then a zip is a bit too fussy when you're trying to get into your bag quickly - but the flap on its own doesn't look secure enough for the outside pocket.

Also there's such good sales on at the moment (thanks for the link Jenny), in Kipling and other types of bag, that the TSV price seems a bit expensive.

Mulberry bags are beautiful but they cost several hundred pounds (or at least the one I liked from their website did - there wasn't much change from £900!).

I tried a Kipling and was hooked. I have several in different colours and designs. The Defea (Delta) I find wonderful for travelling and for dog shows where I need to be able to fit plenty into my bag but have my hands free. The Defea easily accommodates camera and sat nav in the separate front pockets, a book, large purse and all my other junk in the middle section and then another zipped pocket against my body for secure items or, in my case, show leads!

These bags do last for years. I used my Katie Hip metallic gold one for almost a year on a daily basis. My Defeas have been through the washing machine 2 or 3 times and have been used for travel and shows where they can get grubby.

With a Kipling you can organise your life. You can find your keys, mobile, etc. instantly. Also, they are so light, you aren't carrying something heavy before anything is even put into it. (I had a major problem with a KVZ bag for this reason).

I haven't gone for the TSV as I personally prefer some front pockets as I keep my keys in them.

I do have more expensive leather bags in my wardrobe but don't tend to choose them for daily use.

I never used to be ,I got 2 cheap in TKMax and was suprised at how much I could get in them. I have 2 small ones that are excellent for dog walking as i can get all my bits and have long straps. My latest one was a gift from a freind.
I usall buy John Rocha leather bags in debenhams sales.

Does anyone know what has happened to Lorraine Cotterill from Kipling. Have not seen her for ages?

Don't personally like the TSV so ordered the Hyve/Mosi combo in grey on cheque hold. Ordered via "the red button" very quickly last night, but had a look at the online video this morning and have changed my mind cos there's not enough compartments.

So, cancelled it by email and have gone for the Tash in slate grey.

Hopefully, this will be one QVC Kipling bag I will keep this year!!

Lorraine lives in Vienna now so I think it might just be it is harder for her to come over here as often to be on air as often as Kipling is.

Its nice to get a different presenter for a change, not that I have anything against Lorraine but it gets a bit repetitive after a while

Latest posts

Back