Kimmy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love watching Richard Jackson. I don't think he's a gnome or smarmy, he's just one of those folk I like. I like Kim too but I need to have the volume on low. I agree that shyness does make folk talk far too fast and often the first thing that comes into their heads.

CC

As a dressmaker myself I appreciate Kimmys technical knowledge except when she claims that the petit range looks good on the 6 ft models. Tall fitting clothes have different Proportions to the petite clothes the hip line and waistline on shorter women can be as much as 3-4" higher than on taller womens bodies. That's why the models look so weird in the stretchy flared trousers with the awful camel toe and shorter dresses look like they are wearing giant tea bags
This explains the multitude of empire line maxi dresses in garish prints that hide a multitude of fitting problems

I'm sure there are petite models available that they could have modelling the petite range. And I don't class someone who is 5'8" as petite (eg: Cathy)

I would agree, LATI... but not in QVC's world. I don't think I've ever seen a model on any show who was a true petite size. I'm 5'8" myself, and I know how ridiculous I would look in a petite...

I'm also 5'8" and once when I went down to a 12 I kept being asked if I was okay. But the models must be a much slighter build than me if they're taller than me and still size small. If they're advertising petite ranges, then they should use shorter models, same as they use fatter models for size xl.

I was looking at videos on QVC.DE and spotted some clips of Kim and wondered whether she spoke any German. Hats off to the simultaneous translator who speaks Kim's words into German, no mean feat at 300 words per minute! Respect! :rock:

I'm 5'7 and prefer to wear petite trousers ! being tall or short it depends how long your torso is compared to your leg length, and of course your preferred trouser length.

Personally I like and feel comfortable in the ankle grazers, around 27-29" which I always wear with ballet pumps - I don't possess fashion boots or killer heels so never wear boot or longer lengths that cover my feet.

I too met Kim many years ago at a Q fashion event. She is quite tiny which surprised me. She didn't converse well on anything other than her own range, maybe it was shyness, but she does appear to have a photographic memory on her own products.

Latest posts

Back