Keeley/PCMC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The PR machine wouldn't delete certain posts and not others. They know that once it's out there it's too late. They would lock Keeley's online presence down and keep her quiet. If that didn't make it all die down they may well get her to issue a statement. Possibly an apology. But ultimately they will counter this issue with positive campaigns about Keeley in the future. The PR machine should be helping Keeley manage her online presence but as I said before I think they've let this one get way way out of hand.

I can't be arsed to go look at Facebook but if Keeley shuts up then the PR machine is in motion. They will not come out and publicly defend her on Facebook. Or here.

i noticed she was online earlier was she looking for more ammo to go and spout over on fb

i noticed she was online earlier was she looking for more ammo to go and spout over on fb

Then she will have observed that her little tantrum hasn't worked & we are all carrying on regardless. She needs to back off, grow up & act with some dignity. Maybe she now realises she has done herself no favours at all.

Gosh, 17000 hits on this thread..... *waves at audience* hiyaaaaa everyone! Enjoying keeley-gate? :hi:

The PR machine wouldn't delete certain posts and not others. They know that once it's out there it's too late. They would lock Keeley's online presence down and keep her quiet. If that didn't make it all die down they may well get her to issue a statement. Possibly an apology. But ultimately they will counter this issue with positive campaigns about Keeley in the future. The PR machine should be helping Keeley manage her online presence but as I said before I think they've let this one get way way out of hand.

I can't be arsed to go look at Facebook but if Keeley shuts up then the PR machine is in motion. They will not come out and publicly defend her on Facebook. Or here.

some people are so up themselves they are beyond help.

Interesting post made on the Elemis page by Robyn Redding re Elemis Ingredients & their Animal Testing.

I think it is time all skincare companies and their retailers start being transparent and list all ingredients in all their products on line to enable customers to check them out.

Last edited:
Gosh, 17000 hits on this thread..... *waves at audience* hiyaaaaa everyone! Enjoying keeley-gate? :hi:

I would be quite worried if I was Keeley Aydin with the amount of negative attention this has given both her & Elemis.I cannot believe that she is not going to get a very stern talking to from them. Thats without the business being lost through people now being put right off Elemis, of which I am now one. I won't be buying their products again because of the behaviour of their representative as I have no wish to help fund her coffers !

for me the worse part of the overselling regarding elemis and keeley, is that if something irritates your skin from the range she suggests several other products to alleviate the damage the others have done. there was a post on here a couple of years ago with a woman was using at least 10 products from the range all on her "one" face and it was reacting so badly. not once was she told to go back to basics just but more and more elemis.

i got sucked in to buying elemis and i have frriends and family who get excellent results but me and many other people can react quite badly to the" high end" antiageing ingredients.

on the other hand there are peoplw who it has been a life saver and if it were not for qvc and alpha-h where they do actually dont use fancy smells textures and essential oils that can be very irritating for some folks i would be at my wits end.

i dont dislike keely she is doing her job and she does it very well by the amount that elemis shift on qvc. i dont like psuedo science its too transparent to me anyway its just sales talk which she does stumble on her words sometimes even on here.

regarding posting on the forums and her following on facebook there is an upside to that and a downside. too much exposure is not good for anyone.
we have jilly halliday that is a more blander presenter on qvc but for all that she does not attract the same sort of critisism that say julia roberts does. sometimes too much information is just that way toooo much information.

i hope that keeley settles down now and continues being the ambassador for elemis but learns that the internet can be your friend one minute and your enemy the next...

Interesting post made on the Elemis page by Robyn Redding re Elemis Ingredients & their Animal Testing.

I think it is time all skincare companies and their retailers start being transparent and list all ingredients in all their products on line to enable customers to check them out.

I wonder how long that post will stay there?

i saw that when i went in to see how many 'likes' hc had. thought it was quite brave to post that to the sycophants who seem to see elemis as a religion.

I would be quite worried if I was Keeley Aydin with the amount of negative attention this has given both her & Elemis.I cannot believe that she is not going to get a very stern talking to from them. Thats without the business being lost through people now being put right off Elemis, of which I am now one. I won't be buying their products again because of the behaviour of their representative as I have no wish to help fund her coffers !

i'm another one. i have had elemis in the past but i will never be able to see the brand as desirable again after the behaviour of their representative.

I tried the Sensitive Cleansing Wash, but it caused a reaction.
I know there are a lot of people out there who use it & love it. but it did not suit me or my youngest daughter.
Same with the Gentle Rose Exfoliator.
I think the range is just too perfumed for me.

It put me off trying much else from the range.

This palaver has put me right off!

They use a product which does sound like sodium lauryl sulfate but is based on coconut as a foaming agent. I have got caught out before by other brands which are natural and I went but hey you have SLS and it turned out not to be.

I use Elemis and like the brand, Keeley as the person on QVC has no impact on me. The ladies at my local Elemis counter see me face to face and hear what I like and don't like from the brand. In fact I have used the Redness Relief on and off for years. It was only when Emer appeared and said something about using a moisturizer over it that I went OOPPSS!!! I had been using it all over as a normal moisturizer. Said this at the counter and was told, see that is what happens when you just go by QVC, not given the proper info. Seems you only use it on the red area and a treatment and normal moisturizer the rest of the face.

I tried the Sensitive Cleansing Wash, but it caused a reaction.
I know there are a lot of people out there who use it & love it. but it did not suit me or my youngest daughter.
Same with the Gentle Rose Exfoliator.
I think the range is just too perfumed for me.

It put me off trying much else from the range.

This palaver has put me right off!

Same here minim....tried a tsv in my early days with QVC and reacted to almost all the products in it...too much perfume.
All this recent hoo-ha has not given me any more confidence in the brand either.

I won't speak on Keeley's merits as I don't watch her regularly or know enough to make an informed comment.
Also I don't fully understand Keeley's relationship with Elemis.
I thought she previously worked at one of their spa's in London, then opened Elle in Tamworth, which stocks and uses Elemis.
Though now it appears due to family commitments she has moved out to live in Cyprus, but still visits to treat certain customers at Elle once per month.
I stand corrected if I've got any of this information incorrect.

All I wish to say is I hold both QVC and Elemis partly responsible for what has happened.
How can one person with her own business, clients and family firstly in Tamworth and now Cyprus be responsible for all shows and web site / facebook questions?
When will QVC learn that large brands and popular shows should not be left to an individual person.
Is what developed in Dawn Bibby's case not a prime example?
Viewers need various inputs, different views, experiences and knowledge from a team of expert guests their fields of expertise.
Surely Elemis in the UK have much more to offer the QVC customer.
How many times are we told what a large customer QVC are, then why don't brands acknowledge this with their on air representatives?

Last edited:
I love Liz Earle superskin and I wouldn't care if she was caught hiding up a gum tree whistling dixie to passers by! I don't use a brand because it's 'desirable' or 'cool' or whatever ~ I use it because it smells good and it works for my skin. If Keeley's antics are enough to sway anyone from using the brand then it can't really have produced the results it says it does.

Latest posts

Back