Kate Middleton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't forget the corgis.

We could get Diet Dog meals delivered...wonder if you could get your money back on the 30 day deal if they throw it back up after bolting it down like my lot sometimes do.

Or a new line in Pig's Ear chews modelled on Prince Charles.

Interesting article ... I guess I must be living in a cave as I hardly hear or see anything about the coming wedding ... just the odd thing here or there. I am surprised at the number of attendees who have been invited to the ceremony, would have thought that it would have been a smaller affair. Guess the way the Diana and Charles "romance" played out (romance indeed, just a fiasco), people just don't want that kind of deceit again, not to mention the life we lead today is different. We're in an economic squeeze (sure there have been those before but this is now), there are other celebrities like the article mentioned who hog the limelight and ink and when you can watch the news in real time, seeing people fighting for the right to free speech, a job, to live, a big lavish wedding is out of place.

When the previous big one was such a sham wouldn't it be better to keep it simple and low key ... the old less is more approach.

And is the royal family one people should aspire to emulate? Their behaviour is just as bad as the next family so why publicise it so much? (Well, it does seem to sell ...) Some media interest sure, but something restrained and rational. :sleepy:

Hear, ruddy Hear,
Why the figgin' hell they think we will be impressed/influenced by some bit of "prince's totty" who's never done a proper day's work in her life is beyond me
.:headbang:

I think to refer to her as someones "totty" is a little harsh,are we sure she has never done a days work in her life ?
When it comes to seeing enough of one person in papers/magazines there are a few i really get sick of, Katie Price comes to mind.
Good luck to the both of them i say.

She's an attractive, intelligent (I presume?) girl from a nice family who's marrying into a dysfunctional, dissolute bunch of free-loading aristos ~ She must be truly head over heels in love to want to hook up with the Windsor Mafia.

I completely agree, why would any bright, pretty girl with a privileged background and education want to spend the rest of her life wearing court shoes and making "how interesting" faces at hospital administrators? She must be seriously in love.

I completely agree, why would any bright, pretty girl with a privileged background and education want to spend the rest of her life wearing court shoes and making "how interesting" faces at hospital administrators? She must be seriously in love.

Always reminds me of a quote from Victoria Wood's Kitty monologues...

'I was introduced to the producer and she said 'I'm a radical feminist lesbian'...I thought 'What would the Queen Mum do?' so I just smiled and said 'We shall have fog by tea-time...'' :clapping::tongue:

I'm sure Butler & Wilson could do a nice little sparkly corgi brooch or two for the occasion.

Heaven help us though if any of QVC's current dress designers attempt to model the latest velour designs on a Royal Wedding Dress. Can you imagine!

xx

good thread, I had been noticing the increasing frequency with which the name of Kate Middleton is invoked and sadly it will only get worse with increasingly bizzare references made to totally unconnected products. Will they have a get together sing a long street party with all the recently featured C D flogging folk we have been treated to lately. Bunting done by Dawn Bibby, oh it could just go on and on.............

Maybe she's ambitious to be Queen one day? After all look at Katherine Parr, she must have seen what happened to the other five of Henry VIII wives, but it didn't stop her becoming the 6th! :blush: Maybe the perks outway the bad stuff? Free transport on luxury private planes any time you like, free accommodation in top hotels around the world, free designer clothes, free jewellery, free, free, free. Sounds pretty good to me.

I just booked a Karin Herzog oxygen facial for tomorrow, then Googled it and realise that apparently it is K Middleton's preferred brand of skincare...aaarrgghhhh! Wasn't it sold on QVC a while back?

I just booked a Karin Herzog oxygen facial for tomorrow, then Googled it and realise that apparently it is K Middleton's preferred brand of skincare...aaarrgghhhh! Wasn't it sold on QVC a while back?

They did because I remember buying some of her stuff. It seemed to be a time a while ago when the were testing out all sorts of ranges that didn't seem to come to anything. As far as Kate Middleton goes, I remember the whole sorry Diana saga from beginning to tragic end so all of this is a complete yawn and I won't be a party to it. I won't click on the news items etc when it's referred to; I'm just not interested. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt etc as the saying goes.

Maybe she's ambitious to be Queen one day? After all look at Katherine Parr, she must have seen what happened to the other five of Henry VIII wives, but it didn't stop her becoming the 6th! :blush: Maybe the perks outway the bad stuff? Free transport on luxury private planes any time you like, free accommodation in top hotels around the world, free designer clothes, free jewellery, free, free, free. Sounds pretty good to me.

goes with blow your nose its in the public, constant criticizing of dresses, make up, shoes, hair style. Anything you say or do being under constant discussion, never being able to have an off day, having to be polite the 28675898 time you hear the same question/statement adressed to you, having to be nice whatever idiot you are facing, having to be cold/hot/bored rigid during whatever ceremony/speech you hear.....
think I rather have my life anytime :sun:
(and no, I am not a Monarchist: long live the Republic!)

goes with blow your nose its in the public, constant criticizing of dresses, make up, shoes, hair style. Anything you say or do being under constant discussion, never being able to have an off day, having to be polite the 28675898 time you hear the same question/statement adressed to you, having to be nice whatever idiot you are facing, having to be cold/hot/bored rigid during whatever ceremony/speech you hear.....
think I rather have my life anytime :sun:
(and no, I am not a Monarchist: long live the Republic!)

Public duties! You wouldn't wish for that existence; having to look forward to that for the rest of your life. And worse having to spend time in Balmoral, highland games; I think if I were Kate I'd be doing a runner now!

just wait til she is pregnant (which I think will happen soon after the wedding) we'll never hear the end of it.

Latest posts

Back