julia's straight hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If JR is wearing reading glasses they'd be no use helping her to read the monitors as they're too far away, readers are for close field of vision such as reading a book or puter screen. She's always saying she can't read the writing on the monitors so maybe she needs varifocals to address both issues.

Jude xx

I have to walk round Tesco with a pair of cheapo reading glasses perched on the end of my nose now as I can no longer read the labels, "offer valid to" etc. I get a few odd looks and am grateful I can't see myself, but hey-ho! :grin:

I don't know why they don't get laser surgery. Q could probably get a discount if they're so great at buying in bulk and have so many presenters with poor eyesight. In fact they could bring the laser to QVC towers. Line 'em up and zap 'em. Get it all done in an afternoon. While we're at it why not jack up CH's knockers with a bit more silicon as she's looking very bottom heavy lately "you're a pear darling.. Don't fight it!". We could also give Julia a visit from Bertie Botox, just to freshen her up a tad, Kathy Tayler lipo, Carmel voice coaching (you're not hanging out the washing in a Dublin knackers yard any more dear), Anna a nose splint, Miceal platform shoes and a hot dinner, Charlie a charisma transplant, Simon needs something to shrink his head, Mogadon for Craig - calm it down a bit. And then there's Anne Dawbags....hard to know where to begin with Anne. Maybe bleach the nicotine stains off her fingers to start,then get her booked in for an extreme makeover.

And while they're all being sorted out I'll be sat here, yes, looking perfect :0)

Well can I join the queue for the eye laser surgery, but no way am I posting my own pic up here Burlz, you'd absolutely pull me to pieces!

What I find really odd is how you (or indeed anyone) can be so unpleasant about someone you don't personally know.
And what I find really odd is how you (or indeed anyone) can be so defensive about someone you don't personally know. Save your compassion :rolleyes: for your own or for people who really deserve it, and if it bothers you to read criticisms about a nobody who couldn't care less about you....don't read forums such as this one. :sun:

If you only need glasses for reading then that is the way to wear them; that was what I was told by an optician. I wear sometimes wear reading glasses and it makes me dizzy if I look at someone when I am wearing mine so I don't think that it is vanity. Give the woman a break why don't you.

I was told the exact opposite by my optician, who told me off for wearing them on the end of my nose, I always used to have my reading glasses balanced there as a. they annoyed me pushed up and b. I couldn't be arsed keep taking them off and on.

He told me that the power of the lens is calculated to be right for you at a specific distance from your eye, i.e. when they are sitting on the bridge of your nose (that's why they take all the measurements when you're choosing frames), so you should wear them at that position and then take them off when you're finished reading.

Yes, hounds-of-love, I thought Julia looked super on the Elemis show tonight, too. And I thought there was a really nice atmosphere to the show with Julia referring to it as a 'girls night in', and with the models and presenters combined representing the different decades of 30/40/50/60. Nice and relaxed presentation. The woman on the couch in her 40s, had excellent skin, and it was nice to see the model Emma (in her 30s) having her mum there with her (in her 60s). Even the telephone caller was nice. Lovely show.

Apart from the launch show when Keeley said the sensitive cleanser started out as a feminine wash :mysmilie_11: said whilst frothing up a bowl of foam with a facial brush and DF (the shy retiring presenter) asking her what she was doing, nudge nudge wink wink. :mysmilie_514: All this in the presence of the big wigs. Bet they both got a telling off.

Joolia Shmoolia! Forget about her, already! Minim, I want to know about the little munchkin in the picture ... yours? how old? boy/girl? name? S/he is just too cute for words! A lipsticked Mwah! on top of its head from The Snarly

Just a random dog picture Snarly, though she does have a look of Himself lol

Ah, Minim, "You fooled me!" Oh, well, it's a cute picture. Optional if you still want to plant that kiss on Himself. lol.

i go thru phases with JR, sometimes i love her, sometimes she can be a bit of a madam! But i really did think that she looked great with her hair straight, much less fussy that some of her "hair do's" ..

The hair looks very nice. Sadly it does not match the face. Is not suited to ladies in their fifties, leave it for the young girls. Bit of dignity would not hurt.

The hair looks very nice. Sadly it does not match the face. Is not suited to ladies in their fifties, leave it for the young girls. Bit of dignity would not hurt.

good grief ruthmay - do we have to have a shampoo and set when we hit 50?:sweat:

Latest posts

Back