Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think that too many older females in the media feel they have to compete with younger females or they lose out. Which could well be true, in fact because that is probably what happens. But nobody can hide the ageing process so everyone needs to work with it, not against it. Silly coy attention-grabbers like hair-flicking which not many younger presenters do, even, just emphasise the mutton-dressed-as-lamb syndrome. We are what we are, and when push comes to shove, we should celebrate that because we can't hide it.
Today, I am the oldest I have been but also, today I am the youngest I will ever be again.
I am now older than my mum was when she died and I have learnt I am going to be a granny.
Everyday a blessing

Oddly enough, all the younger women from the rough estate next to me must go to the same salon.

They all have that dark/black longer length hair (mostly extensions) and tan themselves orange. They all flick their hair like Julia, too.

The overly-dark hair does nothing for them either.
I can picture them: loads of dark eye makeup and too-tight clothing. A lot of women like that where I live.

I dont understand why older women tend to put black eye pencil/liner on their lower lids, a la Joan Collins (and Dawn Nissom on GB News). Its ultra ageing, and if eye make up is applied correctly there is no need for the total coal miner look. I'm coming up 76 and use
A light shade of brown eye shadow (dark grey for evening) and lots of mascara.

I dont understand why older women tend to put black eye pencil/liner on their lower lids, a la Joan Collins (and Dawn Nissom on GB News). Its ultra ageing, and if eye make up is applied correctly there is no need for the total coal miner look. I'm coming up 76 and use
Smokey eye makeup - so much more flattering. I saw a woman with bright green eye shadow the other day. I wonder if it's making a comeback.

I wish you could still get grey mascara. I’ve got quite dark eyelids and the smoky eye look is really unflattering on me. With eyeshadow, I alternate between a very pale grey, light lilac, pale green and pale blue. Rarely wear mascara as it irritates my eyes.

I’m blonde, as are my lashes. I wear mascara every day, even when I’m not going out. I used to use black/brown mascara but felt that was too harsh for my colouring so I now only use brown mascara. My eyes are blue/grey but, when I wear eye shadow, I opt for the brown/taupe shades. I’ve never been a fan of bright coloured eye shadow because it doesn’t suit me.

I used to wear blue mascara in my teens but I’ve outgrown that trend now. 😉

I’m blonde, as are my lashes. I wear mascara every day, even when I’m not going out. I used to use black/brown mascara but felt that was too harsh for my colouring so I now only use brown mascara. My eyes are blue/grey but, when I wear eye shadow, I opt for the brown/taupe shades. I’ve never been a fan of bright coloured eye shadow because it doesn’t suit me.

I used to wear blue mascara in my teens but I’ve outgrown that trend now. 😉
I don't understand why some women dye their hair blue or wear coloured mascara. Why would anyone want red or blue eyelashes?

I don't understand why some women dye their hair blue or wear coloured mascara. Why would anyone want red or blue eyelashes?
I think coloured hair and coloured mascaras are great. I think the crazy hair colours look better on the youngsters, let's face it most things do, but I will hold my hand up to wearing blue mascara from time to time and I usually get a compliment. I used to dye my hair all manner of colours when I was young and about 15 years ago I Henna'd my hair. I'm lucky enough to say that my hair is more brown than it is grey which at 60 isn't bad, but the grey shows a lot more when I wear my hair up or tied back. Many believe that dying their hair especially in a dark block colour will make them look younger but they forget that their skin gives them away. I've got a friend who's a few years older than me and she dyes her hair blonde and she actually gets away with it, but she's forever having to go to the hairdresser to get it retouched/re-done. I'm of the "it is what it is brigade" I'm getting older and I don't see why I should try and hide it!

I love burgundy mascara, brings the green out in my eyes. I have blue/grey/green eyes. If I wear light blue eyeshadow, my eyes go a grey/blue colour. I usually got for copper bronze colours. Chanel did an amazing deep red eyeliner and it really made my eye colour pop. No, my eyes did not look sore.

I only wear a mid brown pencil inside my upper lid so no eye liner needed, never worn eye shadow. I use the mid brown pencil lightly along my lower eyelid.
Not bragging,ok maybe,but I do have long eyelashes thanks to eye drops and don't wear mascara, I shall be 76 on the 1st of November Brissles, but I'm still I'm my twenties in my head.🤸🤸🤭

I wish you could still get grey mascara. I’ve got quite dark eyelids and the smoky eye look is really unflattering on me. With eyeshadow, I alternate between a very pale grey, light lilac, pale green and pale blue. Rarely wear mascara as it irritates my eyes.
There are a few grey mascaras on Amazon - NATorigin Lengthening mascara in Anthracite might work for you, £19.99 - a bit expensive but has good reviews

I only wear a mid brown pencil inside my upper lid so no eye liner needed, never worn eye shadow. I use the mid brown pencil lightly along my lower eyelid.
Not bragging,ok maybe,but I do have long eyelashes thanks to eye drops and don't wear mascara, I shall be 76 on the 1st of November Brissles, but I'm still I'm my twenties in my head.🤸🤸🤭
Aren't we all lol !

I remember trying a pinky bronze eyeshadow. Bliddy awful on me looked as if I had an eyelid infection. Before my hair went grey, I used to have coloured streaks or flashes in my hair. Favourites were deep purple, bright red and cobalt blue (not at the same time)

Latest posts

Back