Julia's Book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will keep you posted. As I say, Im making random purchases and stuck as to what to buy these days. Im not a big Julia fan but as a big qvc fan, I thought I ought to have the book. She is alright but not when she is pontificating, hope there is not too much of that in the book.

Don't buy something just because you feel you should.

Mind you, is your cash to waste I guess.

One of the two people who have given a 1 star review has written 15 reviews in total and given 14 products 1 star, hard to please some people:giggle:

I had a look at the reviews (I'm a nosy so and so!) and to be fair some of those one star reviews are really for the same item e.g. a four pack of hanging baskets and a two pack, different sizes of lawn magic and some Decleor items that seem to be part of the same range. They seem to have added some more reviews in the last day or two which are actually five star. I do think people are most likely to review something they don't like or something they love rather than anything that is somewhere in the middle.

As for the reason for all the five star reviews for Julia's book, I think people who buy the book are probably fans of Julia therefore will write a good review, if you don't like her or just aren't interested then you probably wouldn't bother buying it.

Still not arrived. Its gone backwards has qvcs delivery, I used to get things in a couple of days now its at least a week.

Iv been reading the boom over the last couple of days. What is striking is how little she speaks of qvc. Wherever she does, she always stops and says well that will have to wait for maybe another book. Why? Surely she knew this book would be sold on qvc and most people buying would be avid qvc viewers and so why not tell the stories for instance, she mentions when she went to Hong Kong with Ali Keenan, she says that will wait for another book, yet tells of her early visits to hong kong. Surely she would have been better telling about the qvc trip, would have held more interest for the readers.

Quite disappointed at how little of qvc I in the book. Anyone hoping for plentiful anecdotes of Julia' s life at qvc will be very disappointed.

She'll write about QVC after she retires/doesn't get her contract renewed, if she ever does write about it at all.

Last edited:
Something tells me that JR will not be turning into a "Best-Selling-Author" and I don't think buyers will be flocking to get their hands on Volumes 2/3/4 etc. I absolutely fail to understand why she felt the need to write a book in the first place to be honest.

Now then, must knuckle down with my own writing......half way through Chapter 5 Volume 1 when I'm still in my early 20's. Mine will be available in a Boxed Set when completed so just make sure there's plenty of room on your shelves for it!! :wink:

Something tells me that JR will not be turning into a "Best-Selling-Author" and I don't think buyers will be flocking to get their hands on Volumes 2/3/4 etc. I absolutely fail to understand why she felt the need to write a book in the first place to be honest.

Now then, must knuckle down with my own writing......half way through Chapter 5 Volume 1 when I'm still in my early 20's. Mine will be available in a Boxed Set when completed so just make sure there's plenty of room on your shelves for it!! :wink:
I think Julia wrote this book because she is so full of her own self importance and she thinks everyone else is in love with her too. In my opinion she is narcissistic ( is that a word) and believes she is a really important person because all those ridiculous telephone callers and twitterers tell her she is. Queen Julia is who she thinks she is. IMO.

I think Julia wrote this book because she is so full of her own self importance and she thinks everyone else is in love with her too. In my opinion she is narcissistic ( is that a word) and believes she is a really important person because all those ridiculous telephone callers and twitterers tell her she is. Queen Julia is who she thinks she is. IMO.

Reading the book, there is some evidence of this. I do quite like Julia but her career has not really been fascinating as some reviewers and other presenters doing the book, have claimed. Neither has it yet made me laugh out loud or cry, as other presenters have said!

I've led a very fascinating life Tristar and could make you laugh out loud and weep buckets believe me but I have NO intention of writing a book on the subject!

I've led a very fascinating life Tristar and could make you laugh out loud and weep buckets believe me but I have NO intention of writing a book on the subject!

Julia has said, talking about the book, how she is a very emotional person and that's why the book might make you cry. Well, I don't find her emotional at all, In fact, I always have thought Julia to be very subdued emotionally.

Debbie Flint did say live on air it is a good book to take to the toilet because you can dip in and out of it Meooow.

Debbie Flint did say live on air it is a good book to take to the toilet because you can dip in and out of it Meooow.

Yes I heard that. Julia said something, she was not amused. Love Debbie for saying that because with it being short chapters, it is quite ideal for that. Debbie Flint keeping it real there and proving she isn't quite as stuck up as Julia. Julias face and reaction!

I always liked Debbie Flint. Im sure Julia was fuming. Debbie was just being honest, I think she said when you nip to the loo or some such. It did not come across as rude at all, but Julia was well annoyed. It was a classic moment. Live tv can be excellent

Well done a few more chapters. Julia's pink party was a nice chapter, I enjoyed that and its the kind of thing I would do, have a themed colour party and gave me some great ideas of things to do with my nephews.

Some chapters come across as well, bragging, frankly, All the countries she has visited, not one of my favourite chapters. Also who would swim 100 lengths of the pool Seems ridiculous, unless you are a swimmer training for the Olmpics!

Will your nephews be happy with a pink party Tri?

Jude xx

Might have to be a blue party, but think finding blue food and drink would be a bit difficult. Maybe blue food colouring and that blue raspberry or bubblegum flavoured pop, that's usually blue. I liked how she found things like a pink memory stick. I could do that, get a blue memory stick, and buy blue stationery, notebooks etc. Theyd love all that kind of thing and Id love organising it all.

Im read a few more chapters or should that be lengths. I feel like Iv swam the pool myself, and doing butterfly! Its quite hard work, its just very mundane stuff, and very very tame. there is no backstage gossip or anything on qvc and very little actually about Julias personal life, ie feelings towards why she never married. All the kind of things I thought she would talk about, especially as this book has been muted as a very honest reveal on Julias life. I haven't found she has revealed anything yet that has raised a laugh or tear, not even a grin yet.

Latest posts

Back