Julia's Book on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

if its based on her expensive holiday to mauritous surely it justified :mysmilie_50:

Folks you can still buy 100 lengths of the pool for £18.99 (hardback) from Amazon it you are looking for a good read or doorstop.

Anyone read it?

CC

I've read it. I didn't think too much of it tbh. I liked the premise of the story and with the help of a publisher, I think it could have been a really good novel. But as it stands, I think it shows that it's a self published book. That saying, I do think fair play to her for having the guts to write it and publish it herself.

What a shame - yet another opportunity for positive PR bypassed.

QVC could have matched Julia's own donation of £1 for each book sold, and still make a profit selling the book.

I'm glad to hear that it's a good read... but is it well written?

My experience of reading a bit of Debbie's efforts is that, despite her intelligence, they are not well written. Obviously it's subjective, and that is my opinion. Hats off to anyone with literary aspirations that they crack on and get writing. We've all no doubt got the novel of the century in us, if only we'd all just knuckle down and write it. I've no objection to QVC presenters becoming authors, but I really don't want it rammed down my neck whenever I tune it a show presented by one of the writing contingent. Stick it on your blog, where I can choose to read about it or not... and talk about it on QVC in your alloted 5 minutes (or whatever) when QVC are actually selling it.

Hey, folks - just had a horrible thought/idea - maybe one of the presenters will give the entire book launch of a novel to QVC...maybe even as a TSV. I can imagine whose sharp elbows would get them to the front of that particular crew (offering a steamy and a pg version... or possibly a selection of different endings) :mysmilie_13:

It's not her who's donating £1 to charity, it's the people who buy her book, she's giving nothing. I'd rather give the £10 to charity and £1 for the book..............no that's a lie, I wouldn't buy the book for a pound, I'd give that to charity too.

i ask why would anyone be interested in a book written by her. I don't get it - I certainly won't buy it. Honestly, some of these presenters milk their 'fame' for all its worth.

Everything these days is about self promotion. I wonder if the book would have been better received years back if people had just stumbled upon it or if the promotion side would have been done in literary circles the usual way. Maybe even Richard and Judy's book club without the Q association.

Latest posts

Back