Julia's Book Cover

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unfortunately theres well lit, professional photos and a make up artist, and theres the reality of the mirror staring back every day.

I thought it was a novel too? :confused:

My two penneth is that she looks fab in all photos. I'm not photogenic at all but I would love, just once in my lifetime, to have a gorgeous, airbrushed photograph of myself!

So she's afraid of getting old? Aren't we all? I would rather stay fresh and glam than be a wrinkly, miserable, frumpy old woman any day. She's not prancing around in ridiculous lace mini dresses and over the knee boots, she dresses appropriately for her age.

She's not a nasty person, she's excellent at her job, I can't see what so many people hate about her.

I always admit when I am envious of a person, life is too short to be bitter and twisted. I am envious of the fact that she looks so ****** good for her age and I can only hope I follow suit :D

And no, I'm not a sweet and sickly sycophantic fan. I am a logical realist who sees and says it like it is. :cool:

Rant over :eek: lol

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Here here Capirossi!

It's always the same ones using the word sychophant, in their posts that sound a bit like a broken record. I think envy plays a huge part in it.

I had in mind a semi-autobiographical novel? Maybe a novel about a shopping telly presenter- former dancer. I think I would read that as light hearted, non- serious relaxation. But if it is an autobiography I'm not so sure.

The red dress Julia!

Crumbs....she would make a super Snow White wicked queen in that red dress...even has the right stare.. "mirror, mirror..on the wall..." :mysmilie_474:

for the book I would opt for the middle one.

daydreamer

Caipirossi ... everyone can look good in a photo. It's just a matter of learning how to work the light and the angles of your face. And getting a good photographer who puts you at your ease. If the photos are bad then the photographer is rubbish.

Julia does photograph well. She's a good looking woman, nicely dressed and professionally made up. And above all else she is comfortable in front of the camera. AND those are taken by a professional photographer.

Every photo is quite similar ... that's nigh on impossible! And she could easily use any one of them.

I'm not going to write sugary comments but I'll happily say when she looks goods. And if she doesn't then perhaps I'll say so but if I do it's not because I'm jealous. Julia isn't that much older than me so I get where she's coming from a lot of the time.

I did some "modelling" in my younger days. Ha!! I did a few photos but wouldn't get my baps out so that knackered that but it did teach me to be comfortable in front of the camera and taught me how to pose to my best advantage.

we've done the 'envy' thing before and those of us who say envy is most definitely not the issue are clearly not believed. i think what people feel themselves, they tend to project on others and it's interesting that some of the younger ones accusing the older ones of being jealous, don't like the lovely model catherine. jealousy maybe?

cap - she is all that i agree. she also doesn't screech but what irritates me and i believe some others is the hair flicking, eye rolling, coquettishness (is that a word?), preening, self-admiration, 'sorry sharon but i'm wearing the EXTRA small' when she has more spare tyres than the michelin man etc etc etc. i know it's all been said a million times before but you said you still didn't understand so there ya go.

we've done the 'envy' thing before and those of us who say envy is most definitely not the issue are clearly not believed. i think what people feel themselves, they tend to project on others and it's interesting that some of the younger ones accusing the older ones of being jealous, don't like the lovely model catherine. jealousy maybe?

cap - she is all that i agree. she also doesn't screech but what irritates me and i believe some others is the hair flicking, eye rolling, coquettishness (is that a word?), preening, self-admiration, 'sorry sharon but i'm wearing the EXTRA small' when she has more spare tyres than the michelin man etc etc etc. i know it's all been said a million times before but you said you still didn't understand so there ya go.

Oh Janie you do make me laugh with your posts! I love it! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Catherine by the way, on fact the only presenter I am not sure about is debbie greenwood. It has bu**er all to do with age! I even like Craig...

Here here Capirossi!
Actually it's 'Hear hear' :doh:

It's always the same ones using the word sychophant, in their posts that sound a bit like a broken record. I think envy plays a huge part in it.
I assume by your comment you are referring to me WG but well done in understanding what the word means, you just have to work on your spelling now. :grin: In future though I'll give sycophants a rest and just refer to Piggy's worshippers as a bunch of pathetic ar$e lickers. :sun: Fyi and in response to the envy broken record :rolleyes:...the only female on this planet I would say I'm jealous of is Nadal's g/f but as I'm old enough to be his mother that would be quite obscene so I won't say it. :mysmilie_62:

The red dress Julia!
I hope she listens and wears the red dress just for you WG, but to make sure she is aware of your admiration don't forget to text/tweet her on air and post a complimentary comment on her blog etc etc etc :puke:

I say I like Catherine... But she needs to wash that awful glittery oil off her. She is completely plastered in the stuff!

No way, I dont "Do" tweeting or Facebook! I just don't have anything against Julia. I think she is attractive and a talented presenter, that 's all!

Don't think it's just you, Sue who has used that word however it may be spelt, but I have read it a lot to describe anyone who likes or defends Julia.

By the way it is petty to be openly correcting spelling, as it comes accross as pedantic and trying to make the person look stupid, when in fact they are not, they are posting bleary eyed having just woken up, and only trying to have a bit of fun. I don't spell check my posts, I do it on an iphone and end up all fingers and thumbs anyway. It's petty, you clearly catch my drift.

By the way it is petty to be openly correcting spelling, as it comes accross as pedantic and trying to make the person look stupid, when in fact they are not, they are posting bleary eyed having just woken up, and only trying to have a bit of fun. I don't spell check my posts, I do it on an iphone and end up all fingers and thumbs anyway. It's petty, you clearly catch my drift.

*applauds* Does my head in on a number of forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I don't know the names of any of the women presenters, as I hardly ever see them in the techie shows I watch. So I can't comment, but I never comment on appearance anyway.

Edit - - but I've just had a look at the photos, and I prefer the red-dress one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back