Julia ...WHY ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
Are you dressed to the nines for Breast Cancer Care & those horrible old black slip ons on your feet ?:headbang:

I didn't reconise her when I turned over just after the show started and she was sitting on the sofa next the Lola Rose Nicky. I was wondering who the 'plump' woman in the purple dress was. Not wishing to be rude as I am no size 10 - but she has definitely put loads of weight back on and had lots of lumps and bumps in all the wrong places. That purple dress does nothing for her.

Such a shame as she was looking good after the weight loss. But I know how hard it is to keep it off.

She hasn't got the toe posts on now in the 7pm hour - she has black sandals on.

Happy Breast Cancer Night!
Personally I feel Queen JR was the wrong choice to be main presenter tonight, for a number of reasons, but the main one being the fact that when JR is on air, she makes sure its 'all about her' When, this evening is absolutely about others. I notice as I watch she is upstaging guests, in some cases condescending "oh you will be after my job" to some breast cancer civilians, who are doing a fantastic job on air, considering they are not used to TV cameras.

As soon as I saw JR, I thought 'Oh dear, its going to be a ME ME ME JR night' and so far, this seems to be true.
breast.jpg

Last edited:
I think Julia is looking just fab this evening and she is the best person to do this evening, who else is there??None of the others can do it better than her She is very professional.

she is the perfect presenter for this sort of thing. to suggest that she's deliberately upstaging people, people who have suffered from cancer, when she is affirming their efforts by comparing their capability with hers is very hard to say the least. just think about what youre saying there JRsEgo.

i hate her hair though.

I didn't reconise her when I turned over just after the show started and she was sitting on the sofa next the Lola Rose Nicky. I was wondering who the 'plump' woman in the purple dress was. Not wishing to be rude as I am no size 10 - but she has definitely put loads of weight back on and had lots of lumps and bumps in all the wrong places. That purple dress does nothing for her.

Such a shame as she was looking good after the weight loss. But I know how hard it is to keep it off.

She hasn't got the toe posts on now in the 7pm hour - she has black sandals on.
Like everyone who has been on a diet, she has put on some weight back on, but I wouldn't call her plump rosey :happy: Anyway not just yet.
She is a bit obsessed with loosing her weight and being a smaller size than before and maybe she is in "blinkers" about her creeping back weight. I have seen this in many people who had lost weight before, the inches creep back before they realise it.
I agree with you about her sandals , why on earth does she wear them most of the time:banghead: There must be a reason:thinking: I wonder if she has a foot problem.

Are you dressed to the nines for Breast Cancer Care & those horrible old black slip ons on your feet ?:headbang:
They all have to dress up for this night, but I cannot understand the shoes though, I love wearing my toe-posts, but I would never dream about wearing plain toe-posts with evening clothes, unless I have a very, very good reason, like doctor's orders or something, even then, I may search for some glam ones, not just plain ones. I don't tweet, maybe someone can tweet and ask her:thinking:

Michel (I can never remember how to spell his name) is also genuinely enjoying himself and doing a great job, unfortunately I missed some minutes of the program, I saw Julia with Alison and Julia was genuinely moved when Alison said something like " when you think you are going to die, you begin to appreciate life"

The resemblance is uncanny isn't it?
Yes, it is, I could not put a face to Dean Gaffney (even though I do remember him from East Enders, I can still hear the shrill "Robbieeeeeeeee" by Bianca :giggle: )... I gave up watching East Enders about 10 yrs ago, but you are right, it is uncanny, even though I like QVC's Micael better.

I did hate all the 'enforced' clappy clappy wooooo hooooey stuff , not necessary and a bit cringey I thought. A hard job to pull off I admit, but Micael was like a 'warm up' compere before the big act

Insomnia kicking in tonight grrr! Anyhow reading this thread I thought I would just say that the presenters all did well this evening during the snippets I saw. But Dale... WOW! I have never seen him looking so dishy! He looked fantastic in his suit and pink bow tie tonight. I think I must be coming down with something. Was it just me?

I thought Dale looked nice too weathergirl - and even my OH wandering in and glancing at the screen said "he looks smart tonight" - so you weren't on your own!

I should imagine it was a difficult and emotional job for Julia, given that she has known and worked closely with Alison K and Amica for years, so I think she did it very well.

Latest posts

Back