Julia Roberts looks really nice tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do love high-wasted pencil skirts but I always think they look a little big glam, which scares me in day to day life. If I wear anthing other than jeans out of work I always think I look a bit odd, and if I wore a pencil skirt in work people would be asking where I was off to at 5pm!

I do love high-wasted pencil skirts but I always think they look a little big glam, which scares me in day to day life. If I wear anthing other than jeans out of work I always think I look a bit odd, and if I wore a pencil skirt in work people would be asking where I was off to at 5pm!

Keep 'em guessing hon! With party season coming up you might need a glam outfit one of these days!

I know what you mean though, we all have a fashion comfort zone. My daughter bought a gorgeous high waisted pencil skirt for school weeks ago but hasn't been brave enough to wear it yet because she usually wears trousers and she knows people will comment.

I've been trying all kinds of different things on lately because I think I've got stuck in a rut. I said to my daughter that my MIL always buys the same skirt and top - just in slightly different colours. (Beige, sage, powder blue and dusky pink)

My daughter said "Well so do you! You wear wide leg trousers, boots, and scoop or v neck tops in black, red, grey and brown mostly."

And she's right! :blush: :D So I've been trying different styles and different shops - sometimes not very successfully! It's fun though, and I don't want to be one of those women who found a style that suited her and rigidly sticks to it no matter what. (although it seems to work for Joan Collins!)

I shall still be madly jealous of you for having the ideal figure to wear the highwaisted styles even if you never get one! :Grin:

I know what you mean though, we all have a fashion comfort zone. My daughter bought a gorgeous high waisted pencil skirt for school weeks ago but hasn't been brave enough to wear it yet because she usually wears trousers and she knows people will comment.

I've been trying all kinds of different things on lately because I think I've got stuck in a rut. I said to my daughter that my MIL always buys the same skirt and top - just in slightly different colours. (Beige, sage, powder blue and dusky pink)

My daughter said "Well so do you! You wear wide leg trousers, boots, and scoop or v neck tops in black, red, grey and brown mostly."

And she's right! :blush: :D So I've been trying different styles and different shops - sometimes not very successfully! It's fun though, and I don't want to be one of those women who found a style that suited her and rigidly sticks to it no matter what. (although it seems to work for Joan Collins!)

Wide leg trousers with scoop or v neck tops sounds very much like a lot of my wardrobe but those shapes do suit me.

I went shopping with a personal shopper a while back (a lovely guy who is a Colour Me Beautiful consultant) and he pointed out something and said "That's nice" to which I replied "It's a dress!!!". He asked me didn't I do dresses and I said that I did buy a dress about 15 years ago. Anyway I decided to try it on, as I thought there was no point going shopping with him if I was going to stick to my normal things. I tried it on and bought it but I've not worn it yet. I will wear it for work some time as I don't think my out of work activities require a dress, but I do expect comments!

Wide leg trousers with scoop or v neck tops sounds very much like a lot of my wardrobe but those shapes do suit me.

I went shopping with a personal shopper a while back (a lovely guy who is a Colour Me Beautiful consultant) and he pointed out something and said "That's nice" to which I replied "It's a dress!!!". He asked me didn't I do dresses and I said that I did buy a dress about 15 years ago. Anyway I decided to try it on, as I thought there was no point going shopping with him if I was going to stick to my normal things. I tried it on and bought it but I've not worn it yet. I will wear it for work some time as I don't think my out of work activities require a dress, but I do expect comments!

But I expect they will be nice comments! Wear it soon hon and break it in.

My friends say that half the fun of going anywhere with me at the moment is seeing what I turn up wearing!

Apparently I used to be totally predictable as they were very familiar with my wardrobe since I never bought much and if I did it was practically the same as something I already had anyway!

Now - evidently - they have no blummen idea what I'll turn up in! :D I eschewed my usual trouser suit for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and wore a tunic / dress over trousers with fab accessories. I got loads of compliments. It was fab. I ummed and aaahed about wearing it and even changed out of it once to clamber back inside my comfort zone. It's just so different to how I'm used to seeing myself.

I've suspended all my sensible rules for a little while as well about only buying shapes I know suit me in colours that will go with other items already in my wardrobe. I figure I'm going to make some mistakes but I think that's inevitable.

After checking that it wasn't my time of the month... today I bought a lace body! No idea how to wear it yet but I am a v.resourceful woman!

img-thing

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...mage_result&resnum=3&ct=image&ved=0CBIQ9QEwAg

Julia Roberts dress sense

it's not us that got bigger it's the sizes that got smaller:wink2:

I think that she was wearing the right size last night. I agree, she sometimes is sausaged into things but I think that it is the type of thing that she wears rather than the size that is the problem. Personally I hate those smock top Butler and Wilson things that she has a tendency to wear. NOT becuase the tops aren't lovely but because a) they look funny on an older woman and b) they look funny on an older woman with a larger bust. JR looks lovely on the Q Cut promo for example.

I agree, Julia can look a bit over the top sometimes. And she can be a little bit full of herself. The head tossing, the trilling laughter, the occasional excited slurp after she's told a little story about life in the Roberts household! Also, she is very self-obsessed. But then, I think the other presenters on QVC fawn over her a bit. "Julia Roberts would wear this" when referring to anything from foundation colour to something purple!

I don't generally mind what Julia wears...as long as it is not the all in one body suits for the pilates hours! OMG! I have to turn over. This is the level of narcissicm of JR - that she probably thinks she looks lovely in it. Wear a trackie, cover that chunky bod! Far more flattering. It is a bit laughable when she always manages to state in the fashion hours that she is wearing the small! I mean, is it the fact that my TV is widescreen, or that TV adds a 100 pounds, but she certainly does not look like a size small to me!

But I have to admit that I do have a bit of a soft spot for JR. In the early days of my QVC addiction, when OH would actually sometimes sit in the room and watch it with me, he once glanced from JR on screen to me on sofa several times, before commenting "you look a bit like her." And although I denied it, I could sort of see that maybe in 15 years, I could look a bit like her, and I would feel b****y lucky, too!

Anyway, on the subject of Tianna B dresses, I have seen a few at TK Maxx. Not sure about the price, but surely better value then QVC when you take into account the exorbitant P&P!

But I expect they will be nice comments! Wear it soon hon and break it in.

My friends say that half the fun of going anywhere with me at the moment is seeing what I turn up wearing!

Apparently I used to be totally predictable as they were very familiar with my wardrobe since I never bought much and if I did it was practically the same as something I already had anyway!

Now - evidently - they have no blummen idea what I'll turn up in! :D I eschewed my usual trouser suit for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and wore a tunic / dress over trousers with fab accessories. I got loads of compliments. It was fab. I ummed and aaahed about wearing it and even changed out of it once to clamber back inside my comfort zone. It's just so different to how I'm used to seeing myself.

I've suspended all my sensible rules for a little while as well about only buying shapes I know suit me in colours that will go with other items already in my wardrobe. I figure I'm going to make some mistakes but I think that's inevitable.

After checking that it wasn't my time of the month... today I bought a lace body! No idea how to wear it yet but I am a v.resourceful woman!

img-thing

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...mage_result&resnum=3&ct=image&ved=0CBIQ9QEwAg

Oh dear, you could be describing me there, Love A'Kin... Maybe I should try to follow your example. I feel so drab at the moment, I feel I might just as well go out in a black bin liner... (in fact the shiny black material of the liner might be more 'on trend' than my actual clothes... oh well, nevermind!).

I love the lace body by the way, I hope you'll enjoy wearing it!:rock:

Oh dear, you could be describing me there, Love A'Kin... Maybe I should try to follow your example. I feel so drab at the moment, I feel I might just as well go out in a black bin liner... (in fact the shiny black material of the liner might be more 'on trend' than my actual clothes... oh well, nevermind!).

I love the lace body by the way, I hope you'll enjoy wearing it!:rock:

That's just how I felt Sillysausage, at home most of the time and not bothering much. Then I did my wardrobe out ,used the grip to me hangers for all my clothes belts and scarves. Now I can see what I have with the addition of a trendy scarf or belt I've managed to update my look no end for very little cost. Any way you can't look drab you use Clarins !! xx:hi:

That's just how I felt Sillysausage, at home most of the time and not bothering much. Then I did my wardrobe out ,used the grip to me hangers for all my clothes belts and scarves. Now I can see what I have with the addition of a trendy scarf or belt I've managed to update my look no end for very little cost. Any way you can't look drab you use Clarins !! xx:hi:

Thanks babytoes! I have seen the famous hangers in TK Maxx, and I might just follow your example... I actually have tons of scarves as I love them, so maybe that's an idea, and it does feel like a change I can manage:flower:

Latest posts

Back