Julia is wearing EXTRA small

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

she is the most interesting personality on the channel. yes she is flawed, yes she is sometimes silly, yes she has insecurities, yes she can be annoying. but the amount of coverage she gets here, even from those who despise her so much is just more evidence that QVC would be a much less interesting place without her.

Instead of "the most interesting" I would say "probably the only".

How many of the others constitute walking wallpaper, and are easily outshone by the guests? :wonder:

Instead of "the most interesting" I would say "probably the only".

How many of the others constitute walking wallpaper, and are easily outshone by the guests? :wonder:

totally agree HC. who else IS interesting? when you think about it the interesting ones are those who come in for most criticism. I suppose Franks would be next in line.

So, lets take Julia Roberts and Jill Franks out of the QVC line up huh?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm bored already.

Ju is definitely a man's woman, which is why she will carry on with the long hair, cleavage, pouting, hair tossing etc ad nauseum... a lot of us ladies wish she would just dress her age, act her age, and have her ****** hair cut!

I like her! Despite the preening and stuff she is, in my opinion, the most watcheable presenter becuase she does her job so well. She is informative, never boring and only human like the rest of us! I do wish that she would do something with her hair though!

Ju is definitely a man's woman, which is why she will carry on with the long hair, cleavage, pouting, hair tossing etc ad nauseum... a lot of us ladies wish she would just dress her age, act her age, and have her ****** hair cut!

.......and a few of us don't care what she looks like.

It's true that she is interesting. I don't know how she can carry on with her smalls, extra-smalls and other comments knowing that so many people are irritated by them. The continued outings of the jeggings and toe-posts is another example. It smacks of defiance. She must have a very thick skin or a massive ego. She probably thinks we are all jealous of her.

She certainly gets us all posting and at any one time there is usually a thread full of JR knockers (forgive the pun) and lovers.

I know we're not all perfect and if you are on air day after day flogging the same old products you are bound to get into a bit of a rut and have off-days. However, I cannot watch JR any longer than a few minutes. She really is toe-curling. Her patronising manner, her different accents, boasting about her children and holidays, her posing and preening and nasty put downs are very unpleasant. I bet she is hell to work with. I think it would make a lot of people very happy if she retired gracefully to sunny Spain.

When you say that JR irritates a lot of people, it may only be the usual ones that post on here. For all we know the rest of the QVC viewers may love her.

When you say that JR irritates a lot of people, it may only be the usual ones that post on here. For all we know the rest of the QVC viewers may love her.

there is not a single presenter on the channel who does not strike the necessary chords with the viewers otherwise they quite simply wouldn't be on. we've seen what happens to presenters who don't "work", some of whom have been popular here on ST.com

normal QVC viewers are not like us here. they don't watch as much and they don't scrutinise to the same extent as we do. the presentations are geared more to channel hoppers than people who watch a whole hour, let alone several hours a day. all of the negative qualities that people here love to hate about Julia would just not be picked up on whilst the stuff she's good at (giving the relevant info about the product, ordering etc) are all there.

she's going nowhere... unless she chooses to.:rock:

there is not a single presenter on the channel who does not strike the necessary chords with the viewers otherwise they quite simply wouldn't be on.

with the possible exception of "Zieg Heil!" Miceal who i cant imagine striking a chord anywhere, with anyone.:down:

there is not a single presenter on the channel who does not strike the necessary chords with the viewers otherwise they quite simply wouldn't be on. we've seen what happens to presenters who don't "work", some of whom have been popular here on ST.com

normal QVC viewers are not like us here. they don't watch as much and they don't scrutinise to the same extent as we do. the presentations are geared more to channel hoppers than people who watch a whole hour, let alone several hours a day. all of the negative qualities that people here love to hate about Julia would just not be picked up on whilst the stuff she's good at (giving the relevant info about the product, ordering etc) are all there.

she's going nowhere... unless she chooses to.:rock:

Indeedy.

Compare JR to Charlie, Dale, or Jilly. Could you see QVC sending any of THEM to an Oscars red carpet event?

I think it's telling that JR said the other day that she sees QVC as an "entertainment" channel as well as a shopping channel: you can't be an entertainer by being a wallflower or boring beyond belief. You have to have a very thick skin, which is going to polarise people.

The fact that people keep posting strongly both for and against her shows that JR has a strong personality: you KNOW she's there.

Do the likes of Debbiie Greenwood or Pip(p)a (who both scored very highly in BB's presenter poll) ever get the kind of threads that JR does? Nope.

So why should QVC get rid of her when they know JR's having an impact on the viewing audience?

Well, the impact on THIS viewer is to make her switch off and go load the dishwasher...

Then you're in a very small minority.

The comment that launched this thread was not made at the beginning or end of a show, but was made in the middle of one.

So whether she's liked or disliked, people are watching JR's shows. Otherwise we wouldn't be getting such detailed breakdowns of what she wears or what she says.

That sounds like a win for QVC to me! :devil:

Then you're in a very small minority.

The comment that launched this thread was not made at the beginning or end of a show, but was made in the middle of one.

So whether she's liked or disliked, people are watching JR's shows. Otherwise we wouldn't be getting such detailed breakdowns of what she wears or what she says.

That sounds like a win for QVC to me! :devil:

but how do you know it's a very small minority?! :cheeky: I'm with AllThatGlitters and just turn off - that's if I've bothered turning on in the first place of course!

Yes, that is true. JR is controversial and a possible win for QVC - people will watch to make fun of her or to enjoy the entertainment.

I suspect the average viewer is fairly uncritical and easy-going. It's probably quite rare for people to switch off just because of her.

What intrigues me is how the other presenters like working with her. What do they think of her bagging the trips abroad, the most covetable products to push, the most glamorous TSVs and procuring jobs for both her children? When was the last time we saw JR with NNs or in the kitchen?

I would love to be fly on the wall at QVC Towers to see what the other presenters and staff make of her.

but how do you know it's a very small minority?! :cheeky: I'm with AllThatGlitters and just turn off - that's if I've bothered turning on in the first place of course!

Do you think JR would get away with the things she says or does if people aren't watching? Viewers (generally, not us lot who comment on here) seem to like her a lot.

After all, if people aren't watching then her shows would have poor sales. QVC are a business: I can't see a company that's dedicated to making money keeping someone on for 17/18 years unless they were doing their job.

And love her or loathe her: even those who can't bear to watch JR can't help talking about her.

I'm sure you can agree with me on that, BusyMum - unless you want me to provide evidence for that, as well? :angel:

Do you think JR would get away with the things she says or does if people aren't watching?

After all, if people aren't watching then her shows would have poor sales. QVC are a business: I can't see a company that's dedicated to making money keeping someone on for 17/18 years unless they were doing their job.

And love her or loathe her: even those who can't bear to watch JR can't help talking about her.

I'm sure you can agree with me on that, BusyMum - unless you want me to provide evidence for that, as well? :angel:

she gets away with it because she's Queen Bee, has been there since Day One and probably owns shares in the ruddy company! As for sales, there must be many like me who use QVC as and when - f'rinstance, I love the ABC skinwash - I don't watch much but when I need something that's a regular purchase I'll check out the website for price & availability - I don't need Ju to push me into it!:grin:

she gets away with it because she's Queen Bee, has been there since Day One and probably owns shares in the ruddy company! As for sales, there must be many like me who use QVC as and when - f'rinstance, I love the ABC skinwash - I don't watch much but when I need something that's a regular purchase I'll check out the website for price & availability - I don't need Ju to push me into it!:grin:

She may well act like that, but presenters have come and gone without the company folding.

QVC's a multinational company: do you REALLY think it would fold if JR left?

As for your last comment: pushing you into buying QVC goods is JR's (and the rest's) job! If you don't like being pushed into buying, then you can't want to watch QVC at all.

Singling JR out for attention because you don't like to be "pushed" into buying from a shopping channel seems like such a strange thing to say. In that case, you better not watch any shopping channel in case you feel bullied into buying!

Latest posts

Back