JR - What A Mess

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I disagree about it being a weight size issue, I'm a size 6 always have been, I'm 42 and petite and I think even [/B]at my age I could get away with wearing almost anything, I must admit the last couple of years I've been wearing mostly jeans but my tops are always trendy and young. I hope when I'm Julias age I still feel the same way about what I wear, I don't want to get old :32:

I agree with that too. Momad you look young and I think if you continue to dress how you do looking as good as you do you certainly can get away with it, its down to the individual whats suits them I think.

I am in my forties, and I wear short dresses, long dresses, legins, trousars, low cut tops, backless tops, jumpers, you name it. I personally don't look my age I am told and don't feel it either. Then again i am Dazzler after all!!!I could not wear me personally the fashions they have on QVC. Each to her own and what suits.

I disagree about it being a weight size issue, I'm a size 6 always have been, I'm 42 and petite and I think even at my age I could get away with wearing almost anything, I must admit the last couple of years I've been wearing mostly jeans but my tops are always trendy and young. I hope when I'm Julias age I still feel the same way about what I wear, I don't want to get old :32:

Yes but you are very slim with a fab figure MOMAD and can get away with that look and generally clothes always look much better on slim folks imho. Unfortunately in JR's case she either looks like mutton or a little dumpling and she needs to find a style that suits her shape. :pPC:

Yes but you are very slim with a fab figure MOMAD and can get away with that look and generally clothes always look much better on slim folks imho. Unfortunately in JR's case she either looks like mutton or a little dumpling and she needs to find a style that suits her shape. :pPC:

I find myself agreeing with you on so many things PPC, but the things you say are so true IMHO. I could not have put it better myself what you wrote here. It is all about finding a style to suit your shape.:1:

Yes Julia sure knows how to rock the mutton and little dumpling look.:1: Sometime I feel a little sorry for Julia, as she seems a little clueless when it comes to fashion.

But in the right hands, Julia could look really good, as she looks young for her age, and has a cracking figure. Julia just needs to find a stylist like Gok Wan, who can show her that it is still possible to look trendy and sexy, without looking like you raided your daughter’s wardrobe, and steer clear of QVC fashion! I also think Julia should embrace her curly/wavy hair.:1:

Last edited:
Yes Julia sure knows how to rock the mutton and little dumpling look.:1: Sometime I feel a little sorry for Julia, as she seems a little clueless when it comes to fashion.

But in the right hands, Julia could look really good, as she looks young for her age, and has a cracking figure. Julia just needs to find a stylist like Gok Wan, who can show her that it is still possible to look trendy and sexy, without looking like you raided your daughter’s wardrobe, and steer clear of QVC fashion! I also think Julia should embrace her curly/wavy hair.:1:

yes,but, please not naked on the set backdrop :eek:

Reading this thread just reminded me of this article can’t think why?:54::1:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-spent-10-000-surgery-look-like-daughter.html

I think this is so very sad. It's important to look after yourself and thus keep yourself looking as good as possible, but I think that lady might have some sort of problem with this quest for looking like her daughter.
Different people can get away with different styles and people shouldn't dress above their age, but with a bit of care it's easy to look fashionable and classy without going over the top.
We can all get stuck in a rut and think we still look good, so wouldn't it be lovely if we could all have someone in the know who really told us the truth?

Personally I think she looks better than her daughter at the moment. However it will all go south again soon enough and the danger is she'll end up looking like a freak if she keeps having cosmetic surgery. :pPC:

I think Julia could use some advice on what to wear or what not to wear.

Some things flatter certain body shapes but do nothing at all for other shapes. Of course all QVC clothing (you could hardly call it fashion) suits everyone, how many times do they say "this will enhance a small bust but flatter a large bust" etc? Sorry but I just don't get it as I don't believe things work like that.

I think Julia has the potential to look really good and when she gets it right she does but other times ...

I wonder if there is any age which is not a "certain" age or "awkward" age? I suppose because she is on the telly and presenting various products such as clothing, jewellery, make-up etc, then she has to be careful about how she chooses to present herself. Personally, I have always been very much of the opinion that age is only a measure of how many times you've travelled round the sun on this rock that we're all stuck on together. I think if you want to wear something and have the guts to do it without worrying about what other people think, then good on yer!!

I think Julia has lost the plot completely of late. She looks absolutely awful most of the time mainly down to the clothes she wears. She looks like she's working in a Bordello instead of presenting on TV. A good start would be several inches off her hair. She could even take a few tips from Kathy Tayler as she has improved her appearance of late and looks much better with the change of hair style. I am a woman of a much more certain age than most on here and like some of you if I was only in my 40's I would be wearing skirts above my knee etc. but you have to do it with style and if you've got it flaunt it is my motto.

I'm in shock... Julia has just said she's wearing the medium!

It is a rather 'on trend' top :55:

I think Julia has lost the plot completely of late. She looks absolutely awful most of the time mainly down to the clothes she wears. She looks like she's working in a Bordello instead of presenting on TV. A good start would be several inches off her hair. She could even take a few tips from Kathy Tayler as she has improved her appearance of late and looks much better with the change of hair style. I am a woman of a much more certain age than most on here and like some of you if I was only in my 40's I would be wearing skirts above my knee etc. but you have to do it with style and if you've got it flaunt it is my motto.

I wear mine above the knee and a little further up!

It's NOT a question of age, most of my friends are in their late forties, fifties or even in one case 61. They all look fashionable without looking like mutton, they dress appropriately for their body shape, even my Mum who's in her late 70's dresses well, and God knows because of her poor health looks pretty awful most of the time. IMVHO trying to dress 'young' invariably produces the opposite results. Finding what suits you is the key to looking good, whatever size you are.

:doggie:

Latest posts

Back