JR - What A Mess

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icr24350

Registered Shopper
Just caught JR introducing a TSV - what a mess. Someone should tell her that she is no longer a teenager. She is capable of being a really lovely looking girl - she now looks a right mess at the moment.

Just caught JR introducing a TSV - what a mess. Someone should tell her that she is no longer a teenager. She is capable of being a really lovely looking girl - she now looks a right mess at the moment.

She's at that horrible age where you're not old but you're not young either. I'm feeling that way as I'm in my late forties and get really twitchy about mucking up and looking a twit. I need our Glen cos I think I'm a woman of a 'certain age'!:54:

She's at that horrible age where you're not old but you're not young either. I'm feeling that way as I'm in my late forties and get really twitchy about mucking up and looking a twit. I need our Glen cos I think I'm a woman of a 'certain age'!:54:

I'm with you calico, apart from the 'needing Glen' part :D

She looks like she's been buying the kaftans from Ideal World!! :52: And what's with the leggings with zips at the bottom of the legs?:31: Sorry, but don't care what age she is, surely she should realise that she has made herself look like mutton dressed as lamb!:19:

She used to look very nice and her hair was always good but now she has decided to dress like a teenager and the long hair does not suit her as it just hangs!! She has to remember that she is now a bit older and you must change your style. I am also with you lot in being the wrong side of 45 (well nearly fifty!!) and know it is quite a difficult time, as you don't want to dress too young nor too old.

I think IMHO Julia cannot carry off dressing young, not to say that age matters because personally I dont think it does, some people can dress young even though they are older and it looks good, others cant. The outfit Julia has on I would not really say is a young look, just bogus as the legins with zips at the bottom and then with berkis just dont look right no matter what age you are, they look odd. If she must wear a kaftan then it would have looked better over some black trousars.

Julia is still a fine looking woman but I think she's trying just a bit too hard to stay trendy and youthful. You can still look good at any age by choosing fashionable clothes but with a more "grownup" twist.
On a similar vein, did anyone see her the other day with Stacey ? She appeared without any makeup and you could really tell that she aint a spring chicken any more!

Julia is still a fine looking woman but I think she's trying just a bit too hard to stay trendy and youthful. You can still look good at any age by choosing fashionable clothes but with a more "grownup" twist.
On a similar vein, did anyone see her the other day with Stacey ? She appeared without any makeup and you could really tell that she aint a spring chicken any more!

Very true :11: Must admit though, it took guts to do that.

Don't know who (or if) anybody advises Julia on clothes, but she should sack them :32:

Pauline x

Maybe you fashion gurus could suggest something more suitable for a woman over 50 to wear. She obviously enjoys her fashion. So what if she isn't a teenager anymore. Life is way too short not to enjoy wearing vibrant clothes.

I feel sooooooo sorry for poor Julia. I totally understand why she dresses the way she does...I'm going through the same dilema. In my head I am a skinny, trendy 'yummy, mummy' but the mirror tells me I'm an over-the-hill, 'rolly-polly'. I bought a lovely waistcoat off 'ASOS' http://www.asos.com/Satori/Satori-F...oat&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Blackas as seen on Kate Moss...she looked so hip and trendy in it...I looked like Johnny Cash, back it went. I hate being middle-aged, it's no fun at all. :17:

Who do you dress for though? If you feel ok in it, and you like it, then shoulod that not be enough? Why dress like an older person.... and what does that mean these days anyway? Why says that certain cloths are suitable for " a woman of a certain age"???
IMO age is not as relevant as it was , it is how you feel and how active you are.

I look at pictures of my Mum in her 40's (that would have been around 1965) and she looked a lot older then me, just by the way she dressed. That is not to say that I am a young hip dresser, or at the hight of fashion, but it is all in the attitude of what you wear. If you like it ( and you like how you look in it): wear it.
Sorry if this turned out to be a rant, just wonder if clothes are another way of placing people in a socially conformed group?

Who do you dress for though? If you feel ok in it, and you like it, then shoulod that not be enough? Why dress like an older person.... and what does that mean these days anyway? Why says that certain cloths are suitable for " a woman of a certain age"???
IMO age is not as relevant as it was , it is how you feel and how active you are.

I look at pictures of my Mum in her 40's (that would have been around 1965) and she looked a lot older then me, just by the way she dressed. That is not to say that I am a young hip dresser, or at the hight of fashion, but it is all in the attitude of what you wear. If you like it ( and you like how you look in it): wear it. Sorry if this turned out to be a rant, just wonder if clothes are another way of placing people in a socially conformed group?

That's the problem, though...you may like how you look in it, but still look like cr*p. It really helps if there is someone to guide you into wearing clothes that really look good, instead of it all being in your head and looking ridiculous. I wish Gok Wan could get a slot on QVC.

That's the problem, though...you may like how you look in it, but still look like cr*p. It really helps if there is someone to guide you into wearing clothes that really look good, instead of it all being in your head and looking ridiculous. I wish Gok Wan could get a slot on QVC.

Too right, Huggles. I watched Gok this week and it was a good illustration of someone continuing to wear the same styles for years and slowly realising with Gok that her shape had changed. I've had that problem over the past few years. You can still take pride in your appearance, wear modern styles and bright colours but you can't carry on wearing what you wore in your twenties when you are around 50 because it just isn't flattering.

i have this problem too *groan*.

I'm in my mid forties - but I don't necessarily look my age.
I have health issues that have caused me to put on weight and I spend my whole time trying not to look pregnant!! I might be of an age where I would be too old to be pregnant, but because I look younger, I'm sure people sometimes think I am pregnant and that's embarrassing.....

I find clothes which I think will suit me and when I put them on there is this beached whale looking back at me *sob*

Who cares what Julia wears when she's not working but on screen is another matter. She's a good looking woman and I like her as a presenter but generally her appearance is a mess.

I actually thought Julia looked really nice the other night when she launched the sticky plastic bags.... oh I mean Kathy Van wots er face bags.

She had on a really nice plum/purple top, to me she looked like she had lost quite a bit weight IMHO!! Couldnt really catch what she had on below as the table covered it.

I think her hair does need some kind of a style (says me with a frizzy bonce) it is hard when your hair is curly to know which style to have.

I feel sooooooo sorry for poor Julia. I totally understand why she dresses the way she does...I'm going through the same dilema. In my head I am a skinny, trendy 'yummy, mummy' but the mirror tells me I'm an over-the-hill, 'rolly-polly'.

Take comfort int he fact you are not alone in this.....! ((Huggles))!

I bought a lovely waistcoat......as seen on Kate Moss...she looked so hip and trendy in it...I looked like Johnny Cash, back it went. I hate being middle-aged, it's no fun at all. :17:

Aww, however.....it's when you don't realise you look like Johnny Cash in it you really need to worry!
I have spent the last few days shredding my (now) poor sore eyes trying to get a more 'of an age' make-up look, as have now realised that 'smokey eyes' etc. no longer apply if your lower lids are heading south with the rest of you, as you say, very drepressing!

I think JR is fighting the ageing process all the way and good luck to her but dressing in tight revealing tops or skinny leggings with garish B&W voluminous tops is not the way to go. Both looks are extremes and do nothing for her body shape, one style clings to her roly poly midriff (typical with middle age) and the baggy look just makes her look a lot fatter than she actually is. Something less fussy and slightly tailored would slim her down quite a bit and block colours instead of all those big busy prints would be much more flattering imho. As for the hair, she's lucky that it's still thick and in good condition but wearing it so long makes her look witchified especially when she's trying to do the wanton just got out of bed look when in fact it's more like the just been dragged through a hedge backwards look. :D :pPC:

Latest posts

Back