JR clothing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Julia is a very attractive woman and looks good for her age. I dont generally enter into the "bashing" threads but i have to say, she strikes me as a woman who is under the influence of being dressed but her 20 something daughter! I have a friend who has a teenage daughter and i love her to death but she often wears clothes which i personally dont feel are age appropriate! IT seems like the same thing to me!

That said, if she has the confidence to wear what she wants and to hell with what anyone thinks, then who am i to criticise her! YOU GO GIRL!

I think what many of us are saying here is that Julia CAN look good if she chooses to. Toe posts aside (IMHO they are not the problem, the leggings are), she has all sorts of clothing at her disposal but chooses not to bother with it. Now that's not Julia-bashing it's just a simple observation.

Im sorry but for a woman of her age I don't think she looks particularly fantastic, yes she's ok but not
outstandingly so. , debbie Greenwood, and Kathy Taylar are also in their early 50's and imo their complexion and skin tone, not just on the face but arms as well look much better than Julia''s who is only a couple of years older, JR is too up her own ar.e

JR is officially the KP of ST!! Like Katie Price She thrives on attention, negative or otherwise, she wears what she does to get attention, again, negative or otherwise, just as her namesake did in the late 90's with her hairy armpits peeking out of her dress.
julia_roberts_hairy_armpit1.jpg

So, to all members of ST, you are feeding off JR's bait, and you know what girls (said in JRs patronising 'girlys' style) The attention on here? SHES LOVING IT!!!!!!
Oh and here is JRs latest pic to support her new fitness DVD...
2dvpd1t.jpg

JR's Ego you are naughty, but I do like it....:mysmilie_61:

She does not call them leggings she refers to them as her skinny jeans. I think they make her feel very trendy :giggle:

JR has to get the word skinny in there somewhere

So, her typical day.. "putting on my skinny leggings, I treat my hair to Paul Michell super Skinny serum, then I go to Starbuck and order a Skinny Latte. Then I go to the store and buy a tub of skinny cow ice-cream, mixing it with a dose of Rodials Skinny beach sticks, and I chow.

When I get home, I remove my skinny Jeans, and apply my ProThin Skinny Dip body cream, apply a fresh coat of my Essie Rock star Skinny nail polish, and relax" .. and what do these skinny things have in common with JR? Absolutely nothing. This is the reason why JR is never shown standing next to Jill Franks. If JF is on the left it looks like the number '10'

:giggle::giggle:

Last edited:
As the saying goes "Any publicity is good publicity". Maybe JR subscribes to that line of thinking! :happy:

By the way JR's Ego, the likeness in the second pic is uncanny. You've caught her spot on! :mysmilie_17:

As the saying goes "Any publicity is good publicity". Maybe JR subscribes to that line of thinking! :happy:

By the way JR's Ego, the likeness in the second pic is uncanny. You've caught her spot on! :mysmilie_17:

I don't think there is any "maybe" about it Micmac. She probably thrives on any publicity she can get.

I said weeks ago that JR loves all the attention she gets whether it be positive or negative and suggested we tried (hard as it might be!) not to mention her for a while. Well, we did have a short run and it was wonderful so perhaps we ought to have another go and ignore her again. I'm positive she continues to wear her toe-posts, zipped jeggings, low-cut tops, etc. to check out the comments on here so let's not give her the satisfaction of being the centre of attention on such a regular basis because she revels in it.

I would just add that I do feel she is a good presenter, always keen to give us, the customer, the information we need to know but I detest how much she's in love with herself. However, I have far more important things going on in my life to let it eat away at me at great length.

If you read her body language very carefully, I think that though she'd never admit it, she's actually quite uncomfortable in herself. I like the phrase "happy in their own skin", which applies to people who are at ease with who they are and with other people, and I don't think she is. She is becoming more and more hyper, with her gesticulating, her flirting with the camera (as well as SimonW), and so on, and I actually think that as a result her presenting skills are beginning to go now. I honestly find her quite difficult to watch, and do not like the way she tries to undermine other people with her little asides - always said with a little false laugh or smile. Nobody wants her to become a dowdy wee wifie, but there is a happy medium, and until she actually starts accepting herself for what she is and genuinely liking herself,as opposed to worshipping what she perceives as her exalted status, she will become more and more of a laughing stock.

Although I like JR as a presenter I am not a fan of the toe post and jeggins and I do think her hair needs a make over, however I do not feel the need to post about them everytime she is on the screen. It doesn't bother me. I appreciate some people do feel so strongly about it and they are perfectly entitled to their opinions.
I don't know what goes on in her personal life so I have no idea whether or not she is happy in her skin.

Last edited:
I know we all change over the years - but generally our demeanour and personality stay the same. This does not appear to have happened to JR. When she first started I remember her being a 'nicely turned out', quitely spoken presenter, who gave the details of the products factually and succinctly. Fast forward to now and the picture is completely different.

This has also happened to Carol Vorderman - totally different in her early days on tv, but who has now morphed into a 'last chance vamp' !!!! Nothing at all wrong with updating your image, but it does tend to smack of desperation to keep up with the young 'uns.

I agree about Carol Vorderman,she is so filled and botoxed she looks nothing like she used to and not for the better.
Vanessa Feltz is another shocker.

My opinion of Julia is that she does thinks she looks good ,and often mentions her age in a way that people are then meant to express suprise and offer compliments.
I have always said she is an attractive woman but needs to tone down the pouting,hair flicking and preening and raise the neckline a bit.
I think she wears the leggings and toe posts because they are comfy and I confess I have a pair of comfy pants I wear a lot...so that doesnt bother me about Julia

Latest posts

Back