Joan Collins Beauty Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Err not for me. I already fell for the lulu time bomb stuff so not doing celebrity again but thanks for the heads up Iain.

JC used to be on QVC with her jewellery range, I still have a very pretty delicate necklace that I still wear; so I'll keep an open mind about the mirror.

Oh wow, I'll be there just to watch her sell things no matter what she sells.
Any idea when she is appearing?
When she was selling her book it was more like an interview, she was sitting on a sofa with plenty of room between her and the presenter.

JC used to be on QVC with her jewellery range, I still have a very pretty delicate necklace that I still wear; so I'll keep an open mind about the mirror.

I've still got some of her earrings from the early QVC days & I love them.

I've also got some of Ivana Trump's earrings (3 pairs,in fact) & one pair,in particular, always gets compliments when I wear them.

Do you remember Ivana's perfume?

I bought it several times & thought it was gorgeous.Well,about 2 years ago I found a bottle in a box of hidden treasures lol & it was good as new.

I was sorry when I got to the end of it as I lost count of how many people asked me where I got it from.

Oh Joanie should be an entertaining watch! Never saw her on qvc in the early days. IMO I don't think she has had a face lift or the like. Rather I think she pulls her face up and tapes it under her wig. Old school style. The Mail often feature her online and she generally looks amazing but never looks as if she has had work done to me. She has been known to go out in her own hair too minus the rug. Always a face full of slap though!

Aw, good old Joan Collins, a real British treasure. I read a beauty book that she did ages ago, while in my early twenties, and a lot of the advice made total sense. I like her gutsy attitude to life, and would enjoy watching her.

Joan has always denied surgery, I think if she had, then someone would have cone out of the woodwork by now to reveal all.
She has said that she has always kept her face out of the sun, even when it was considered the height of glamour to have a deep tan, as it was in her youth, she knew what it did to the skin. She doesn't have the wind tunnel look, her features are not distorted, it's quite possible that she is being truthful.

She may not have actual surgery but I'm convinced that there is a "coating" of some description between skin and slap!

Always expect her to peel off a latex mask and reveal her true face. Something just isn't right there. Her face is most definitely painted on to a base rather than someone who has good skin but showing some sign of having reached their bus pass.

Seeing as she was born in 1933 I think good old Joanie looks ok. She was on tv a few weeks ago with her sister Jackie and IMO she looked the better of the two of them. For an almost 81 year old she`s doing just fine, even with the wigs and the slap. Good for her.

She may not have actual surgery but I'm convinced that there is a "coating" of some description between skin and slap!

Always expect her to peel off a latex mask and reveal her true face. Something just isn't right there. Her face is most definitely painted on to a base rather than someone who has good skin but showing some sign of having reached their bus pass.
You are spot on loveallthingsitalian, I watched an interview with her and she was asked about procedures, she said "No, and the answer is Base - not Botox"

You are spot on loveallthingsitalian, I watched an interview with her and she was asked about procedures, she said "No, and the answer is Base - not Botox"

Excuse my ignorance, but what does she mean when she refers to 'base'?

I love JC! I don't think she has had surgery. I think a lot of it is to do with keeping her face out of the sun, eating healthily and exercise. Oh and that little thing called 'class' ;-) A lady like her will never allow herself to look like a bag of spanners. I admire her, I really do! I would love to see her on Q. There was some programme on years ago where she was placed with a family and advised them on clothes, took them shopping etc! Her face in Primark was a picture, but I was most impressed that she bought a skirt and admitted it!

I have a very old beauty book by her too, and it's all common sense. She admits to using very basic skincare, with the odd expensive luxury item thrown in now and again.

Wasn't fussed about her one way or another until she came on the Q trailers to wish us a happy Xmas and spent it all telling us to buy her book - didn't like that at all.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does she mean when she refers to 'base'?

I love JC! I don't think she has had surgery. I think a lot of it is to do with keeping her face out of the sun, eating healthily and exercise. Oh and that little thing called 'class' ;-) A lady like her will never allow herself to look like a bag of spanners. I admire her, I really do! I would love to see her on Q. There was some programme on years ago where she was placed with a family and advised them on clothes, took them shopping etc! Her face in Primark was a picture, but I was most impressed that she bought a skirt and admitted it!

I have a very old beauty book by her too, and it's all common sense. She admits to using very basic skincare, with the odd expensive luxury item thrown in now and again.
I thought that by Base she meant cosmetics such as foundation, primer and the like. Another thing I remember from her documentary is that she would always moisturise her skin, if she didn't have a moisturiser at that moment, she would put margarine on - her words.

I thought that by Base she meant cosmetics such as foundation, primer and the like. Another thing I remember from her documentary is that she would always moisturise her skin, if she didn't have a moisturiser at that moment, she would put margarine on - her words.

Ah, thanks for that. I thought it was some new procedure or something!!

Latest posts

Back