Jilly Halliday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
I like Jilly as a presenter but what on earth is she wearing tonight? Anyone know if this outfit has been in a previous show?

Attachments

• IMG_4783.jpeg
    IMG_4783.jpeg
    433.3 KB · Views: 16
I like Jilly as a presenter but what on earth is she wearing tonight? Anyone know if this outfit has been in a previous show?
No one would look good in that outfit. The frills accentuate her already generous hips and thighs. Wide trousers are fine, but these are absurd. At a guess, the outfit looks like one of Melissa's bizarre creations.

No one would look good in that outfit. The frills accentuate her already generous hips and thighs. Wide trousers are fine, but these are absurd. At a guess, the outfit looks like one of Melissa's bizarre creations.
I had a quick look and yep, you're right and guess what ladies? You're gonna have to part with £117.90 if you want the whole ensemble!!!

is she the overbearing woman that never shuts her trap? IMO her clothes are expensive tat and are more like the “fashion” on Ideal World. Yes, Jilly looks truly awful in that coral trouser suit.
Totally agree with you. Her clothes look like cheap tat, I've seen better on a market stall. Who on earth is buying it, and that woman is so annoying!!

I saw those trousers a while back when they were being shown worn with simple vest tops and t shirts and believe it or not they actually looked really nice, especially in the taupe colour. I have to say I don't remember the legs on them looking quite that wide but even so, worn with a simple top and a pair of Birkenstocks, the look was classy and balanced. I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of balance when it comes to putting an outfit together. That fussy top is a glaring mistake, but even those silly little gold loafers peeping out from underneath add another element of "wrongness". The tops of those trousers are a paper-bag style with a tie around belt so hiding that underneath a layer of chintzy frills will just add bulk. A simple small vest or t shirt tucked in is all you need. Less is more as they say!

I had a quick look and yep, you're right and guess what ladies? You're gonna have to part with £117.90 if you want the whole ensemble!!!
Did you read the reviews? One lady has bought both items in all 3 colours.
£353.70 to look like a sandcastle that the tide has started to dismantle.

QVC really should think about what they put people into. Their clothes aren't one-size-fits-and-suits-all designs and people like Jilly need to dress or be dressed with a lot more moderation. That outfit tells me that being the presenter, she's been paid to put it on.

QVC really should think about what they put people into. Their clothes aren't one-size-fits-and-suits-all designs and people like Jilly need to dress or be dressed with a lot more moderation. That outfit tells me that being the presenter, she's been paid to put it on.
I agree, as a professional outfit, those behind the scenes should not be afraid to let the presenters know if what they're wearing doesn't look great or in this case looks horrendous, especially when the clothing they're wearing is something available to buy on the channel. Mind you this is a pretty tall order considering they can't even style the models properly. I know they don't have a finite number of samples to use, so it's a case of as long as we can stuff that body in without the fabric tearing then job's a good'un! What really bugs me about their fashion presentations is how they will have say an item that comes in 3 or four colourways/pattern and they'll show one of them, two if we're lucky and on ocassion the presenter has been wearing it, in the same colour as the models. Ideal World would feature one or two in the live demos, then have a little film to show with every colour being paraded by the model which is very helpful.

I saw those trousers a while back when they were being shown worn with simple vest tops and t shirts and believe it or not they actually looked really nice, especially in the taupe colour. I have to say I don't remember the legs on them looking quite that wide but even so, worn with a simple top and a pair of Birkenstocks, the look was classy and balanced. I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of balance when it comes to putting an outfit together. That fussy top is a glaring mistake, but even those silly little gold loafers peeping out from underneath add another element of "wrongness". The tops of those trousers are a paper-bag style with a tie around belt so hiding that underneath a layer of chintzy frills will just add bulk. A simple small vest or t shirt tucked in is all you need. Less is more as they say!
Some advice I heard was: If you wear an oversize top, match it with slim leg trousers or straight skirt. If you wear wide trousers, match them with a fairly slim fitting top. As you say, balance is the key. Melissa made a boo-boo with this set. Did Jilly want to wear it, or was she required to because sales were low? I think Jilly may have problem feet. Her choice of shoes usually looks funny.

I agree, as a professional outfit, those behind the scenes should not be afraid to let the presenters know if what they're wearing doesn't look great or in this case looks horrendous, especially when the clothing they're wearing is something available to buy on the channel. Mind you this is a pretty tall order considering they can't even style the models properly. I know they don't have a finite number of samples to use, so it's a case of as long as we can stuff that body in without the fabric tearing then job's a good'un! What really bugs me about their fashion presentations is how they will have say an item that comes in 3 or four colourways/pattern and they'll show one of them, two if we're lucky and on ocassion the presenter has been wearing it, in the same colour as the models. Ideal World would feature one or two in the live demos, then have a little film to show with every colour being paraded by the model which is very helpful.
What really pisses me off is that they almost always take the black option to show you the finer details. Not just clothes but handbags too. You can see bugger all. I think it’s only usually Julia Roberts that asks them to use a lighter colour.

I wonder if she suffers from lipoedema?

My friend's SIL has this condition and puts weight on from the waist down only. It's a pretty difficult condition to dress as absolutely nothing looks right. She can't wear leggings or skinny jeans as her hips, bottom and legs have ballooned. She can't wear tighter tops so flowing trousers don't look so voluminous as there is such a massive difference between her top and bottom sizing.

Any weight gain goes straight onto her lower half but will not come off from there even if she loses a few stone. Her son is following her. It's particularly hard for him as it's such an odd shape for a teen boy to have.

Latest posts

Back