Jilly Halliday, get your feckin' ears pierced!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As the OP, let me confirm that I don't really think she should rush out and get her ears pierced.

But I also think she shouldn't agree to present QVC jewellery shows. Might reduce her income, but that would be her choice.

It is possible she doesn't get a choice in the shows she does. QVC may just tell them what they are doing.

As the OP, let me confirm that I don't really think she should rush out and get her ears pierced.

But I also think she shouldn't agree to present QVC jewellery shows. Might reduce her income, but that would be her choice.

I agree that she certainly should not be compelled to have her ears pierced. How can it be fair for her to be barred from jewellery shows? Surely, that would then have to apply to all the male presenters?

It is possible she doesn't get a choice in the shows she does. QVC may just tell them what they are doing.

I've always thought having Simon present the Thorntons and back in the day calico fudge shows was more than a bit brainless of the powers that be. It does seem at times people are allocated time slots rather than shows.

I've always thought having Simon present the Thorntons and back in the day calico fudge shows was more than a bit brainless of the powers that be. It does seem at times people are allocated time slots rather than shows.

I agree, not the best for him!!! I really don't think the presenters get a choice as to what shows they do.

Well, the men don't present jewellery shows on their own. They always have a model or a guest who models.

Jilly is able to model much of the jewellery - bangles, necklaces, rings. It's just pierced earrings she can't do. So do QVC hire a model just to cover a couple of pairs of earrings? I bet they try not to if they think they can get away with it.

I think the presenters are clear which shows they will present - several of them have mentioned that they would never present tech shows, Dale doesn't do beauty or fashion (though Charlie will), quite a few are never seen near a fitness show. I believe Jilly could refuse jewellery shows, although I think that might not leave her with much to present.

I am just wondering, would it be a solution if they showed a recording of the earrings worn by a model? That way they would not need a model on the show, if that is what they are trying to avoid. Not sure if this could work?

I am just wondering, would it be a solution if they showed a recording of the earrings worn by a model? That way they would not need a model on the show, if that is what they are trying to avoid. Not sure if this could work?

Utterly inspired Mia.:clapping::clapping:

You don't see assistants in jewellery shops modelling the earrings:emo:

So, do you let sales assistants hold up clothes on the hanger and just buy from that, without seeing them on someone's body, preferably your own? I mean, if you don't know what a bra looks like on a chest, well....

Until a person puts the earrings on, you can't tell how they hang, how much they swing, whether they tend to tangle, whether they show against hair, whether they drag down the lobe or make the lobe move unattractively as they swing. Considering that you can't handle QVC merchandise before it gets to you, it's vital that they demo it as completely as possible.

oh! all that glitters - thanks for this great post (dont know how to submit thanks) but you did make me laugh! had a c..p day at work, but you have just made my evening.

If it would reduce her income, I suspect it is a choice she wouldn't make! :cool:

Well, the men don't present jewellery shows on their own. They always have a model or a guest who models.

Jilly is able to model much of the jewellery - bangles, necklaces, rings. It's just pierced earrings she can't do. So do QVC hire a model just to cover a couple of pairs of earrings? I bet they try not to if they think they can get away with it.

I think the presenters are clear which shows they will present - several of them have mentioned that they would never present tech shows, Dale doesn't do beauty or fashion (though Charlie will), quite a few are never seen near a fitness show. I believe Jilly could refuse jewellery shows, although I think that might not leave her with much to present.
Ah but most of the presenters have a model alongside them for modelling all jewellery because as you know JR always asks the model, "what colour are you wearing...?" and wears the other. Same goes for Pipa, DF, JF, AD but Jilly NEVER seems to have a model on her shows and it's b****y annoying! [and she is always the one who mostly says "You can't let this bargain go, buy two or even three, superb, superb blah blah, don't forget the lollypop lady at Christmas....."

It probably depends what hours they usually work/what shifts they normally do as to what slots they are allotted, but obviously some presenters are better equipped than others to deal with certain types of products. There's nothing worse though than seeing a presenter doing a programme with absolutely no idea about, or no interest in the product they are trying to push.

I remember watching Jilly having to talk for 15 minutes about one of the Philosophy perfumes with no guest, no model and nothing to demo apart from squirting some spray and going "mmm". I would think that is a pretty impossible task but she made it interesting and entertaining and I've had huge respect for her ever since.

Teen without ears pierced

I've always thought this was inherently stupid as well! Why put her on jewellery shows when she cannot demonstrate the product effectively!
Does anyone know why she never had her ears pierced as a child/teenager?
Love Becky xxx[/QUOTE]

I'm 15 and I've NEVER EVER gotten my ears pierced ! I was thinking of getting them pierced but im trying to show the world i can look pretty WITHOUT having a hole on my ear with a thing hanging from it. And like people at my school don't make fun of me, they don't even care. Well YEAH ! :)

i'm 58 and i've never had the slightest inclination to have my ears pireced. i know i'm in the extreme minority but i think when you can see the hole/slit, it looks vile. i don't personally want extra holes in any of my bits thenkyu ;)

I passed comment earlier on in this thread about old ladies having extended lobes due to years of wearing pierced ears. Yep Im 63 and never had the urge to be pierced because of what I saw. If you were meant to have holes in your ears we'd have been born with them.

Incidentally I think one of THE worst things EVER is seeing tiny tots with pierced ears - purely for the fancy of their mothers - and its amazing how one can be hauled in front of the courts for slapping a child, but nothing is done for mutilating their tiny bodies !!!

The fault lies with whoever plans and/or selects the jewellery for the show.
It's not rocket science.
Either
Jilly should not present jewellery shows without a model
or
Don't include earrings in her solo hour.

Latest posts

Back