Jill Franks Fringe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can understand critism on presenting style but personal insults from grown women doesn`t make for comfortable reading , we can`t all be raving beauties me included, its really hurtful especially if you have a hang up about your looks. JF hasn`t got a family to fill her life and to us that have her comments could sound vacuous but what else really has she got to fill her life other than material things... the next shoe or handbag buy is her life so it seems and who are we to knock it . Kathy T was always going on about her son at one time but I don`t recall anyone complaining about that I maybe wrong ..he must have put a stop to that now he`s older!
Just as in our personal lives we can`t like everyone and wouldn`t have them as friends we wouldn`t anialate them for their looks either. By all means critique her presenting style.
Sorry if my remarks don`t go down well but everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they aren`t hurtful. OMHO

I agree with your comment about personal insults but just because Jill Franks hasn't got a family (by which you presuambly mean children) doesn't mean to say her life is empty and needs filling with material things. I do not have children (for which I am eternally thankful) and I don't feel that I have to fill my life with handbags and shoes. Jill Franks is a poor presenter who fails to describe the items shown in favour of wittering on about herself. She is really annoying and, in my opinion, by far the worst presenter.

I agree with your comment about personal insults but just because Jill Franks hasn't got a family (by which you presuambly mean children) doesn't mean to say her life is empty and needs filling with material things. I do not have children (for which I am eternally thankful) and I don't feel that I have to fill my life with handbags and shoes. Jill Franks is a poor presenter who fails to describe the items shown in favour of wittering on about herself. She is really annoying and, in my opinion, by far the worst presenter.

Thats the point I was trying to make when you have children you have more important things to fill your life, material things pale into insignificance just as it should be. She has no one else it seems on her radar apart from herself her husband and her dogs. As I said by all means critisize her presenting and for being self self self in the process but not her physical looks ..thats God given and something we have no choice about JMHO

Thats the point I was trying to make when you have children you have more important things to fill your life, material things pale into insignificance just as it should be. She has no one else it seems on her radar apart from herself her husband and her dogs. As I said by all means critisize her presenting and for being self self self in the process but not her physical looks ..thats God given and something we have no choice about JMHO

Thinking about it; some of the most materialistic women I know all have children, along with masses of bags and shoes etc.

Edit to add: Fringes are very 'on trend' this season.:emo:

Last edited:
Thinking about it; some of the most materialistic women I know all have children, along with masses of bags and shoes etc.

Edit to add: Fringes are very 'on trend' this season.:emo:
Yes they may well be but I bet its not the only thing they have to talk about. :-(

I can understand critism on presenting style but personal insults from grown women doesn`t make for comfortable reading , we can`t all be raving beauties me included, its really hurtful especially if you have a hang up about your looks. JF hasn`t got a family to fill her life and to us that have her comments could sound vacuous but what else really has she got to fill her life other than material things... the next shoe or handbag buy is her life so it seems and who are we to knock it . Kathy T was always going on about her son at one time but I don`t recall anyone complaining about that I maybe wrong ..he must have put a stop to that now he`s older!
Just as in our personal lives we can`t like everyone and wouldn`t have them as friends we wouldn`t anialate them for their looks either. By all means critique her presenting style.
Sorry if my remarks don`t go down well but everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they aren`t hurtful. OMHO

well I'm first up in arms when there are threads about someone's looks because we can't help what we look like...but this isn't that kind of thread imho. Unless I've missed some naughty posts!

Although she is an annoying bint, I kind of admire JF's refusal to do the "sack cloth and ashes working mum what a sacrifice I've made" routine. She is unrepentantly materialistic and so what? If she's chosen to spend her money on fripperies then that's her business.

I might also refer you to the self congratulatory "look how much I've spent today" thread recently where people were openly bragging about how much they'd wasted on unnecessary crap. Spending 7 quid on a bucket of Starbucks mocha chocca latte and a cupcake then telling the rest of us about it may be on a different scale to JF's bags and holidays but is essentially the same behaviour.

*smash*

Stones in the glasshouse?

Last edited:
well I'm first up in arms when there are threads about someone's looks because we can't help what we look like...but this isn't that kind of thread imho. Unless I've missed some naughty posts!

I haven`t re read it but sure she was was called ratty or something like that...its not just this thread though is it she does take some stick at times about her looks ..or have I read it all wrong?

I haven`t re read it but sure she was was called ratty or something like that...its not just this thread though is it she does take some stick at times about her looks ..or have I read it all wrong?

oh yes, someone's OH called her Ratty or something but we can't be responsible for what other folks say I suppose! I don't think Jill gets as much stick as Julia tho.

I'd certainly feel ****** awful about myself if this threads criticisms were aimed at me, especially about my looks. But I'm not on TV and if I were i'm sure my mega wage packet would soften the blow.

oh yes, someone's OH called her Ratty or something but we can't be responsible for what other folks say I suppose! I don't think Jill gets as much stick as Julia tho.

Yes but we don`t have to repeat it do we?

yes Julia does get some but usually about something she could change if she wanted to... her hair and the "I`m in a size 10" etc. .. lol ..and her jeggings and toe posts..oh I forgot someone said she hasn`t got good legs because she was a dancer... we could go on I`ve said enough perhaps too much thats comes of not being able to get out and about a lot lol so I`ll say no more on this thread

Yes but we don`t have to repeat it do we?

yes Julia does get some but usually about something she could change if she wanted to... her hair and the "I`m in a size 10" etc. .. lol ..and her jeggings and toe posts..oh I forgot someone said she hasn`t got good legs because she was a dancer... we could go on I`ve said enough perhaps too much thats comes of not being able to get out and about a lot lol so I`ll say no more on this thread

no we don't have to...and the thread is actually about Jill's fringe, which is something she could change, and should, imo! I have a fringe too, I'm not against them, but last time I saw Jill she looked like an Olde English Sheepdog with hers!

I can't abide people who have fringes level with the pupils of their eyes or the really long ones that cover half the face, who then spend all their time pushing it aside or hooking over one ear - which never stays there! :emo:

The desire to grab a pair of scissors and hold them down is overwhelming! - DRIVES ME NUTS!!! :mysmilie_13:

(Sorry, end of the week!)

I can't abide people who have fringes level with the pupils of their eyes or the really long ones that cover half the face, who then spend all their time pushing it aside or hooking over one ear - which never stays there! :emo:

The desire to grab a pair of scissors and hold them down is overwhelming! - DRIVES ME NUTS!!! :mysmilie_13:

I can see you're frazzled, Frazzled!

Or is attached to their eyelashes and twitches when they blink. I have a fringe atm but it has to be clean, never greasy!

J xx

Latest posts

Back