Jeez how boring is QVC right now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't actually watched QVC for a year or two - I just skim this forum for tips and look stuff up on the website. I rarely buy anything from them these days, as we know things can generally be found cheaper elsewhere, and delivery is usually quicker.
I am gutted about the recent demise of ebags though, it means I'll have to get my Kipling from QVC again, for now :(

I've found QVC boring for a while now - I am also sick of being told about their tremendous buying power when 99.9% of the items they sell can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

I agree too!

I have only ever watched the beauty hours but i mainly record them now and fast forward most of it.
If a TSV is with a brand i like, depending on the details from the members here i normally record that too!

I think they need to bring in other big name brands. I dont like the brands they launch that ive never heard of.

They need to do something though and its boring now :33:

QVC is dull for all the reasons given above.

As a bloke I would also add that it is even duller with all those handbag hours - is QVC becoming the handbag channel I wonder :52:

Whenever NN is on i lose the will to live lol

I used to watch regularly but now only switch on to QVC when they are either showing Leighton Denny, Honora Pearls, or South Western Silver.

I have lost interest in the rest !

i rarely watch nowadays, i have just checked my account and all i have bought in the last 18 months is 2 l'occitane tsv's the last one, and one decleor prolagene.

i am waiting for benefit to come back in stock, but now i check the website rather than watching.

i live in fear of tuning in and seeing anne dawson's nails pawing at something to be honest, but hey that really saves me money

I used to buy a lot from qvc things i did not even need.I came to my senses as most things i was buying was mostly beauty and nothing ever agreed with my skin.So back to the high street and im happy i don't know why i stopped .We should be supporting our high street shops as everything seems to be closing down people losing there jobs. sorry for the rant.:54:

Ah well, all is not lost.

I saw a promo this morning and apparently QVC is looking forward to a fashionable 2009.

I simply can't wait. :rolleyes:

I can live with the boring crap, 'cause quite frankly I'm pretty much never tempted to buy anything, which is good since I've plegded not to give them any of my hard earned until they sever their ties with that disgusting Dennis Basso. I do watch occasionally, but as it's pretty always a gem or beauty hour, I tend to go straight to another channel.

I got a lot of stuff for my flat from QVC last year as I needed to restock after a divorce. I have some lovely handbags and I do like the Markon shoe range, also the fact that they do clothes in my size (XL - 2XL) is really good. But once you've seen the shows for a few months, they do get boring. Am i the only person who wants to scream every time there is another NN TSV and the NN ladies come on and keep stroking the sheets or prodding the feather beds to show how soft and bouncy they are? And they already have DOZENS of similar duvet sets in the same colour ranges - why they have to bring out another design that is just slightly different for TSVs does my head in. Last year I wanted to get some basic pillow cases to go with a couple of duvet sets and they still don't have them in stock. If they kept the basics in stock and had less stupid duvet sets people would at least be able to rely on being able to get things when they want them.
Okay, rant over. Got my pillowcases elsewhere and they are just as nice and cheap.

I don't watch a lot with work and family commitments, but I can't help thinking that QVC are in a no-win situation. For example, when Lulu Guinness was first launched, so many people here were quite scathing and critical. I do think that her prices are ridiculous, but then again, her shows were quite entertaining and a nice change.

I used to watch it a lot of the time - most of the shows I am interested in are beauty ones but when I like a product, want to re-stock the brand has disappeared (Mojave Magic / Crem).

I don't watch so much now and refer mainly to here and the website for info.

It has become boring and samey - needs to have an injection of enthusiasm and products - bring back the meaning to the words Quality Value Convenience.

I agree it has got very tired but I still watch it. They have too much air time on NN and Kim and Co and they have started to stock some dubious beauty brands like Prai. Let's hope things get a bit more interesting in the future. They may have to search around for new suppliers soon anyway as the pound has lost its strength against the dollar. (I think).

I don't watch a lot with work and family commitments, but I can't help thinking that QVC are in a no-win situation. For example, when Lulu Guinness was first launched, so many people here were quite scathing and critical. I do think that her prices are ridiculous, but then again, her shows were quite entertaining and a nice change.

totally agree susie.

i think its good that they have lulu G on, as it makes her stuff accessible to people who wouldnt normally see it. and she is interesting. same with butler and wilson although i do hate that old lizard with a passion (and no i dont mean julia roberts).

i know that many people rely on QVC for day to day shopping, if they cant get to department stores etc, but there are millions of people who CAN get to department stores and who are very sophisticated when it comes to shopping and QVC are dong very little for those customers.

of course all of this is just a rant cos i wanna see speedos and aussiebum underwear being modelled by cuties with chunky legs.

You sure struck a chord here, Burlz. I agree with everyone, if that's possible, but would just like to single out hands-stroking-NN-pillowcases... for the chopping off of.

clemenzina

Hi all

Happy New Year to everyone. Just back to work today so catching up on all the gossip!

My only resolution this year was to stop buying from QVC but unfortunately succumbed to some Ojon on Saturday so I'm not off to a very good start. But as Ojon is freely available anywhere, apart from Ebay, I suppose I can justify that little purchase.

As everyone says, it's all becoming so boring and predictable!

:41:

Ok - I'm going to try to be a bit more constructive than my first scathing attempt.

Reasons I think QVC is boring/losing its touch:-

1) Repetition of some brands far too frequently e.g. Northern Nights, Kim and Co.

2) Electronics products which are often uncompetitive in price, or not the most up to date technology available. Presentation of average brands as if they are market leaders/best quality.

3) Failure to listen to what customers want - e.g high postage charges not addressed, wasteful packaging because they won't combine orders, lack of Solo card facility.

4) Inappropriate use of Easypay eg fourpay on something costing £13, no easypay on jewellery costing two grand!

I don't know how you can possibly say that it's boring when there are 9 hours of Richard Jackson's garden coming up on Sunday :33:

Boring isn't the word for it really. Hours and hours of the same product doesn't cut it - just makes us want to turn off and this Sunday is only the beginning.

Expensive too. I bought some items on a certain well known auction site recently. I got three brand new ones for the same price as one on QVC.

And what's with the stick thin presenters now? Has Paul McKenna been boring, uh, hypnotising them all backstage?

There is just no variety anymore. Because I can't buy what I want with QVC now I've been forced to look elsewhere for things and it makes me realise just how expensive QVC are, how much of a rip-off postage charges are and how sloooow deliveries can be. Most places will send you orders for free over a certain value and still have them on your doorstep within 48 hours. Come on QVC, times are tough, sure, but you need to do more to keep up.

"Welcome to QVC - sponsored by Northern Nights!"

I haven't really bothered watching it since the beginning of last year. It's become so repetitive.

My mother-in-law cooks her family the same meals on the same days every week - Monday is pork chops, Tuesday is chicken and chips, Wednesday is fish fingers, etc. That's exactly how I see QVC now - Monday is Northern Nights, Tuesday is Yankee Candle, Wednesday is Gatineau, etc.

Also, I stopped believing I couldn't get what they were selling somewhere else for cheaper - and most times I'm right.

Latest posts

Back