Jeez how boring is QVC right now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

While I agree with most of what has been said I do think that they have introduced a lot of smaller brands to a much wider audience, who even if they dont buy form QVC are still buying brands that they wouldn't normally, so the brands are still doing OK out of it.
Not only that not all of us have department stores on our door steps my nearest one is in Plymouth which is well over an hours drive away so buying from QVC becomes a necessity rather than a luxury.

"Welcome to QVC - sponsored by Northern Nights!"

I haven't really bothered watching it since the beginning of last year. It's become so repetitive.

My mother-in-law cooks her family the same meals on the same days every week - Monday is pork chops, Tuesday is chicken and chips, Wednesday is fish fingers, etc. That's exactly how I see QVC now - Monday is Northern Nights, Tuesday is Yankee Candle, Wednesday is Gatineau, etc.

Also, I stopped believing I couldn't get what they were selling somewhere else for cheaper - and most times I'm right.

:) Am I the only one who wants to know what they have for dinner on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays?? :)

I agree qvc is getting boring and dated, NN sends me straight to the off button. It is also very expensive when you add the ridiculous p&p, I think they bank on you not looking at the p&p. This site is great for info, someone was asking for the best hand cream and one of the replies was about Soap & Glory £4.99 for 125 ml on offer in Boots 3 for 2. I tried it and it is wonderful, you don't even have to use it every day. I've spent loads on Liz Earle, elemis and L'occitan hand creams and they come no-where near it. So thanks shoppingtelly.

Couldn’t agree more with most of what is said here. I only watch beauty shows now on QVC as they have some exclusive-ish brands like Smashbox and Laura Geller. Like a previous poster though, I record them and zip forward to the bits I want to watch and more often than not I just pick out the stuff I fancy and then buy it (cheaper and with lower P&P) on eBay. I am always amazed when I read the biogs of the presenters on the website though, they have apparently all been in tv/showbiz for years yet many of them (Anne Dawson, Jill Franks esp) can barely string a sentence together.

Have to say too that I’m thoroughly sick of Ali Young wittering on about being ‘qualified in all areas of beauty’ despite mispronouncing many of their brand names and giving out some dodgy advice on more than one occasion. That and waffling on about ingredients and the ‘eye/skin/facial area’ etc on auto pilot. Pippa should take over all beauty shows IMHO, she’s young, enthusiastic and seems genuinely excited to be playing with different brands etc.

Latest posts

Back