Jay Manuel Make-up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Am only watching this as I can't believe how awful it all looks.The lovely Ali looks like a painted doll, hope she can't see herself on the monitor, the other model with the eyelashes like spider's legs (OK I'm jealous)but they are clumped with the mascara.When he did the demo of the under eye concealer it was cringeworthy and those lipstick colours, well.Has anyone bought any item & can tell me I am wrong?

Yes I bought 2 types of foundation, the cream one and the powder to cream. I bought light3.the colour was a perfect match. I returned them (the cream foundation was far too heavy a coverage for my liking). I would have kept the powder to cream one as the texture was perfect also, but I had a wobble about the cost and because I still had my bare minerals and Laura Gelled balance and glow, plus a mally one, on the go.
I agree the lipsticks are awful shades, and the reviews I have seen on you tube are not that great either.

Jay Manuel Make-up

It has got to be one of the worst I have seen on qvc, I only watched a little while but long enough to see it was rubbish, and both the guy and the make up gets a big... no way from me.

Katy Pulloneover was stressing how much she loves Jay Maunuel make-up and how it's always in her make-up bag, yet didn't know what colour she was wearing, oh dear, being proved that you're telling lies on air is never a good look. :mysmilie_15:

Poor Nalintha is not very good at concealing her discomfort and the look on the poor woman's face when she saw herself on the monitor - beautiful face, totally caked in glittery makeup showing every wrinkle and pore she doesn't have and all in garish, clown-like colours.

The model with the spidery lashes with chunks of mascara falling off them when he applied the eye liner as well and the model with the bright blue mascara when she batted her eyelashes to show the liner, you could see it had already transferred to her lower brow in a lovely chunky line, shocking!!!!!

I did like the look of that gold gel eyeliner though but like Weathergirl, major wobble re the cost, nearly £40 incl p&p!!!!

When you see beautiful models made up with Aunt Sally blusher, it's a resounding NO from me too. I think this could be perfect for someone who wants to conceal virtually every natural aspect of their face for a variety of reasons... But concealing any scarring wouldn't work. I'm now aware that Nalintha has some, presumably from acne.

The only use for such heavy coverage is to cater to the selfie brigade who want to look perfect in photos, at the expense of looking nice in real life.

Someone has posted a pic of Ali/Aunt Sally on FB. All the comments agree she looks awful.

Someone has posted a pic of Ali/Aunt Sally on FB. All the comments agree she looks awful.

FB: Guess who's back! With loads of beauty tips and tricks up his sleeve, Jay Manuel is back and ready to help you get your glow on. Shop the range...............

With the reviews on some of these items I am surprised they are back or clearing stock?

I`ve watched a few minutes of the presentation and I can`t help but think JM himself looks like a cocoa dusted truffle, even his hands not to mention his face reminds me of them.

Am only watching this as I can't believe how awful it all looks.The lovely Ali looks like a painted doll, hope she can't see herself on the monitor, the other model with the eyelashes like spider's legs (OK I'm jealous)but they are clumped with the mascara.When he did the demo of the under eye concealer it was cringeworthy and those lipstick colours, well.Has anyone bought any item & can tell me I am wrong?

Just seen Ali on FB. How can they possibly sell anything after seeing this demo?!

Someone has asked when the next JM TSV will be. Really????

Here's the screenshot of Nalintha that someone posted on FB - a real before and after if there was one!!!!

IMG_1621.JPG

I'm almost tempted to watch this, but it would mean missing Call The Midwife. Mind you the models look as if they could call the burns unit!!!!!!!!:mysmilie_13:

I'm not saying that women should ever apply their make up in a way to please men, but I thought it was very telling when my OH and his friends saw the models in the totally overdone caked make up and all said it is really off putting and not at all attractive.

I'm almost tempted to watch this, but it would mean missing Call The Midwife. Mind you the models look as if they could call the burns unit!!!!!!!!:mysmilie_13:

There's a catch up on the tv schedule, if you click on the small red arrow on that hour.

The before is better than the after... What does that tell you?

It seems QVC are bringing heavier makeup brands all the time... The glow is all about the highlighters.... What about the glow of good skin paired with a light makeup? I know QVC caters to an older customer base but many of us have learned the hard way that lots of makeup in combination with mature skin is very ageing and to be avoided.

I could not walk down the street wearing this makeup! Can imagine the looks I would get, lololo! As said before, it looks to plastic and less is more and give me natural beauty every time! Who really wears it - own up please? :mysmilie_17:

Confession time, my TV viewing guilty pleasure is The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and one of the reasons why I love watching that is because all of them wear tons of slap, but applied by professionals so they generally look smoking/uber glamorous (in my eyes).

I love makeup and wear a fair amount of it every day but in my view, it looks best when applied to enhance and define your features, vs being slapped on so badly it makes you look considerably worse/like an entirely different person and that's what the Jay Manuel demos amounted to - every single one of the models he featured looked like they'd got their kids to put makeup on them, really really poor.

Latest posts

Back