Jason Vale Retro Slow Juicer TSV 27/9/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched his Super Juice Me doc, which featured eight people with chronic illnesses, surviving solely on juice for 28 days, at a retreat. They lost weight, reduced/stopped taking their meds. This seems dangerous to me and, although my illness does not appear in his list, I need my medication, and changing my diet will not affect it. I went on to the "juice master" website, and one can go to his retreat - Juicy Oasis, Portugal - for the bargain sum, of £1450 per week. Whilst I appreciate the benefits of juicing, he is a salesman, trying to make us believe he is a health guru, and can improve our lives. To use the death of his mother, as a sales ploy, is despicable. His juicers, juicing plans - 3 days from £50 - and health bars are exceedingly overpriced. If his juice fusion/retro juicer are worth over £300, was he conning us when he promoted the philips juicer on IW? The whole juice master persona, lifestyle, smacks ofa money making scheme to me.

I watched his Super Juice Me doc, which featured eight people with chronic illnesses, surviving solely on juice for 28 days, at a retreat. They lost weight, reduced/stopped taking their meds. This seems dangerous to me and, although my illness does not appear in his list, I need my medication, and changing my diet will not affect it. I went on to the "juice master" website, and one can go to his retreat - Juicy Oasis, Portugal - for the bargain sum, of £1450 per week. Whilst I appreciate the benefits of juicing, he is a salesman, trying to make us believe he is a health guru, and can improve our lives. To use the death of his mother, as a sales ploy, is despicable. His juicers, juicing plans - 3 days from £50 - and health bars are exceedingly overpriced. If his juice fusion/retro juicer are worth over £300, was he conning us when he promoted the philips juicer on IW? The whole juice master persona, lifestyle, smacks ofa money making scheme to me.

Dear Louise,

Please look back in this thread to what I said about him being a super salesman trained to take money off people with health worries. It is despicable to charge so much to vulnerable people like yourself. Please take care when thinking of any health related issue, and be guided by qualified doctors and your own good common sense. Rule of thumb, if it seems expensive, it is likely to hurt your bank balance more than help your health. All very best wishes for your recovery by whatever means you chose.

Thanks, Miss G. I have been epileptic since birth, and rely on prescribed drugs to enable me to live a 'normal' life. No amount of juice can do the same job. It is frightening to think that others may be so desperate, they will try anything.

I've seen the super juice me video as well. I think it wasn't the juice per se that was helpful to the people who went to the juicy retreat - it was the controlled calorie diet, the fact that they were having fresh fruit and vegetables, and lots of regular exercise. I understood from the film that the people were health-checked before being allowed to do the diet, and there were qualified medical staff supervising the participants. Whether that is the norm on one of the juicy retreats or not, I don't know.

It all comes down to that old chestnut - the best advice for losing weight is to eat less and move more.

When it comes to serious medical conditions, it could be incredibly dangerous to embark on anything like this unless you'd checked it out medically with a doctor you know and trust before hand, and without proper medical supervision throughout.

I've done a couple of Jason Vale's juicing regimes, and have come to the conclusion that the absolute maximum in one go would be 5 days... and I have done that a number of times and enjoyed it and felt better for it (slept better, fewer hot flushes)... that's my personal experience, and not an endorsement for going mad on juicing, or even saying that what I found to be beneficial would work for someone else. We're all individual and entitled to make our own choices... but not without taking appropriate precautions if we have longstanding serious conditions.

I agree with you, Miss Grumpy, that he's primarily a salesman. I wouldn't buy a JV juicer, or any of his juice products. If I want to do a juice regime every so often, which I do 3-4 times a year, I go to my local supermarket rather than paying someone else to do the jicing part for me. If I want to add in anything (of a food supplement) to that I will go any shop when there's a promotion on at Holland and Barratt. How much longer I'll do the juicing thing though remains to be seen, now I'm doing smoothies in my NutriNinja...

If it's the same person who was on last week flogging the same I thought he was awful. And I'd say if that's the ideas he's promoting, the company are on very dodgy ground. No one should come off of medication on any 'lay' person's say-so (even if that person should happen to be a snake-oil salesperson....). By the way, I trust you signed up for 3 weeks at the retreat?? No? Why ever not?:mysmilie_14:

People are right, I think he is firstly and foremostly a salesman, promoting "brand him." He really does not owe his fitness to gulping a few bits of pressed celery and carrot each day. I don't have any particular health worries. I am short-sighted but I just have to wear glasses for driving, that's all. Don't think his juicing machine is going to help me, either.

Latest posts

Back