It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We had had a couple of inches overnight, DD's BF (in Derbyshire) said they had about six inches there...I'm getting fed up with it now, good & proper!

Big thaw here since last night, just a few little piles on snow and Meg dug those.

Fed up. I dug my car and the drive out a couple of days ago and from about teatime yesterday, it snowed non stop till after midnight. Quite deep too. I'm not moving it today, will wait until tomorrow. Flippin snow. :devil:

I dug my car out this morning and managed to drive to work very slowly but the roads and motorway was full of snow. Not very nice when you have to get to work i wish i had a tank.

We had about 4 inches in the north of the county last night but, where I am, we had ................ about 1 mm, which was a pleasant change from what we got last weekend. I wasn't able to go to Yorkshire last weekend, because of our snow, and this weekend it's because of theirs. Thank heavens we have no more forecast (for now anyway.) Thankfully the thaw's well and truly started here, although my Close is still like a skating rink. :eek:

It was white here by 9.30pm last night, snowed through the night and this morning but is melting now thankfully!

It was snowing heavily here about an hour ago when I was out with Maisie......fab conditions until it changed to rain and turned horrible!

Yup! About the same as you JBD. I was up in Kirkby in Ashfield at Dad's when it started around 11am, fortunately we'd done our visits to the cemetery and to Morrisons, and had a cuppa, so I left him a bit earlier than usual, didn't want to risk it getting too bad for driving home..I'm about half an hour south of him.

We had about 2 cms overnight on Sunday and there is some snow still on the ground, because it's so cold. We've apparently got snow forecast for later today. It needn't bother!!

We had about 2 cms overnight on Sunday and there is some snow still on the ground, because it's so cold. We've apparently got snow forecast for later today. It needn't bother!!

Now don't be mean..fair shares for all - have a few bucketsful of ours!

Now don't be mean..fair shares for all - have a few bucketsful of ours!

I'll pass ........ but thank you for the kind offer. :wink: We had 6 inches of it last week and I thought we'd seen the end of it. At least I'm on half term this week, so haven't got to take my life in my hands getting out of my road and down a hill, if the forecast is correct.

OH has just come in and he's heard that we're getting high winds and heavy rain tonight - maybe it'll wash it away...fingers & toes crossed! Lucky you being at home this week Toril!

Quite thick here and still at it. Next door has been out clearing their drive but I'm going to leave mine until tomorrow - I'm hoping it will rain and clear it away. I took dad for his pension this morning and the roads were quite slidey then. I've turned the CH up and put the gas fire on. It's one of those gas coal effect fires and it looks really homely when it's on. Got my candles lit on the hearth and looks quite snug and welcoming. Fortunately, I did my shopping yesterday so am stocked up and no need to venture out. I hate flippin snow. :mysmilie_462: Going to make some soup later.

We woke to a snow on the ground this morning, a few inches and it continued to snow until about 1pm. It has since turned very windy with torrential rain so the snow is being washed away a bit, still bloomin cold!!!

Latest posts

Back