Items going missing in the post.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missmarple55

Registered Shopper
I've never had a problem with QVC's deliveries before but have now had two orders not arrive in the last month. This can be a real hassle as you have to wait for the declaration form and then the refund/replacement takes absolutely ages to be sorted.

Is this happening to anyone else or have I just been unlucky recently?

I wonder if it's all to do with the courier. I saw a courier (the same one who delivers my QVC parcels) deliver to a house on my street last week. He knocked on the door for all of a nanosecond and then left the parcel in full view of the street, on the doorstep.

It's no wonder parcels go "missing".

Ours usually arrive by a Royal Mail van and we get something delivered several times a week without problem. It's only the QVC orders that haven't arrived, nothing else, so I don't think it's the delivery man.

Yeah... suppose it all depends. I never have any trouble with most of the smaller parcels, delivered by Royal Mail. If I'm out - they just leave a card and I drive over and pick it up. But the courier brings anything bigger and he tends to dump it in my recycling bin!!

I've never had a problem with QVC's deliveries before but have now had two orders not arrive in the last month.

It might be worth ringing CS and asking if they both came by courier, because they might then be able to identify the driver who delivered it. I know when they use a courier for anything I've ordered it's been the same one or two couriers each time.....or maybe that was a coincidence. The couriers know where to leave any parcels if I'm out, as does the postman. However, this week they were left with a neighbour, so presumably it was a different driver.

If my next door neighbour, who also shops with QVC, is out the courier often knocks on my door to see if I will take delivery of the parcels.

Thanks, I did try CS though and they said the parcels couldn't be traced. My worry is that if things keep going missing they might think it's me lying about it!

I received my missing NN duvet sets today,
Opened my door and had a package thrown at me with the words it's late
because it's marked as signed and received (second time this week thats been said with QVC delivery) anyway package was opened outer and inner but
could not refuse delivery as she said it's marked as recived + signed for.
Rang CS and same old speech "we will look into it" but we know they won't.
The girl who has delivered both times seems annoyed with me that she has to deliver
the packages, as if I am ordering just to put her out of her way.
Well that's the last thing i'm ordering this side of Christmas as you cannot
depend on QVC deliveries anymore. Rant over

A couple of years or so ago I had terrible problems with QVC deliveries - usually the Royal Mail ones. For example, I had a Marcel Druker watch with free scarf attached to my front door handle with a rubber band in a Jiffy bag. The bag has been opened, watch stolen, scarf still in it. I returned it to QVC saying watch missing from parcel, no joy, no refund as returned incomplete.
The one and only time I ordered anything edible was a cake soon after they started selling food. It was to be delivered for Easter - actually as OH's birthday cake as it was chocolate. It never arrived. I completed a declaration form. They said their records showed it was sent Recorded Delivery and delivered at 7.45 a.m. Well, it wasn't delivered to me and we never get post before 11 a.m. so my guess is it was delivered down the throats of workers at the sorting office at 7.45 a.m.!
I then had a series of items simply not arriving in the run up to Christmas with about 6 things failing to arrive between October and December. I did get refunds on completion of Declaration forms but that doesn't help when I'd really wanted the products - and I can't recall whether I lost out on the p&p.
Items from other sources e.g. Ebay sellers also arrived, left on my doorstep, some obviously opened and contents inspected.
However, on a plus side, I think whoever the problem was has been sorted because I've not had anything go missing for well over a year despite numerous QVC deliveries. They changed their packaging to a more secure type of Jiffy with a tear strip which helped.
I hate to say it but perhaps temporary Christmas staff in the sorting office are to blame, doing a bit of Christmas shopping at the expense of others knowing that by the time claims have been submitted they'll be long gone.

when my postmans got a parcel he puts it on the doorstep knocks on the door then bugers off to do the other 39 flats in my block then comes back with letters when hes done everyone else!!!im scared to not be in when i have a qvc parcel comeing as anyone could walk off with it on my doorstep!qvc always send parcels by 2nd class but when i send things 2nd class it doesnt take that long!!

Paranoid

My last 4 orders with QVC they sent me the wrong item. eg. I ordered cufflinks and they sent me a brooch. Now my last 2 orders have not arrived. I feel I am at the bottom of their list in terms of customer service.

I think if you want anything from QVC in time for Christmas do not order from them. I can't believe how long it takes anyway, they must be using a special 3rd class postal service especially reserved for them! My items from USA arrive within 4 days standard delivery and QVC's arrive a further 4 days later and sometimes more..or never at all.

QVC charge the highest P+P of all the online retailers and
have by far the worst delivery service I have ever encountered also
thier customer service agents are two faced robots who will promise
you everything will be looked into or put right but never follow through.
As far as I'm concerned QVC are only interested in new customers
and sod the rest of us. Funny how they are on the phone to you in a
flash if it's in thier interest ie your card expires ect.

Royal Mail will only deliver to a 'secure address.' They should not be leaving parcels on a doorstep, the item should be handed to someone. If you can confirm they have done so, phone up and complain. The mail order companies who use private couriers used to leave parcels on the door step, and Royal Mail wrongly got the blame. Ask QVC how the parcel was sent. As a former postman, I got fed up of folk complaing about this, when I knew darned well it was not RM. Also, it is better to go for a signature on delivery service such as Recorded delivery - the item can usually be traced, plus it has to be handed to someone, not left on the doorstep

Not always the case

Royal Mail will only deliver to a 'secure address.' They should not be leaving parcels on a doorstep, the item should be handed to someone. If you can confirm they have done so, phone up and complain. The mail order companies who use private couriers used to leave parcels on the door step, and Royal Mail wrongly got the blame. Ask QVC how the parcel was sent. As a former postman, I got fed up of folk complaing about this, when I knew darned well it was not RM. Also, it is better to go for a signature on delivery service such as Recorded delivery - the item can usually be traced, plus it has to be handed to someone, not left on the doorstep

Hi,
In my experience, postmen do not always get a signature on recorded delivery items. I have had several just pushed through the door, some with the signature bit still on and sometimes off - presumably the postie has signed for it himself!

As an Ebay seller, I send goods by recorded delivery and I know that sometimes delivery cannot be confirmed by Royal Mail, but the customer has left feedback to say it has arrived. Presumably no signature has been obtained in such cases, or delivery would have been confirmed. If a customer was so inclined, they could say they have not received the item and ask for their money back.

I sometimes wonder why we are paying 72p for such a hit and miss service. In fact, I believe RM is considering removing Recorded delivery from its service and so customers will have to choose standard or special delivery, which is more secure, but much more expensive.

:15::15::15:

Latest posts

Back