It Cosmetics TSV 04/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Couldn't agree more. The giant, dark haired IT automaton went through the shades about five times but just kept repeating the same unhelpful spiel about "Fair is only for very light skin, the fairest of the fair, Light is for skins with a bit more warmth ....". Someone must have benn pressing the repeat button on her neck and off she went. You learnt nothing new if you watched the whole hour. There was no mention of tones of pink or yellow to the skin or product, for example. USELESS.

I agree Andi, I'd only come up to her knee. You're right about the colours, I'd consider myself "fair" but I'm not ultra porcelain of fairest of the fair, or I don't, as Sarah Jagger states, "burn in the sun" so they really need to overhaul these colours and give their customer a more precise colour chart, and those pictures with the shades do absolutely nothing, especially with the bright lights on it.

I thought all the shades bar the Fair looked quite dark. I don't know that I have ever had a foundation that was too light for me so I went with fair.

Think I would need to carry the palette found with me every day (never mind leave in the car) and re apply every time I spend a penny if I am going to get through the palette in 90 days!

I thought the descriptions for the CC were hysterically unhelpful. Basically you pick Fair if you are fair, Light if you are light etc etc

I’m amazed that they didn’t at least show little squirts of the foundation on somebody’s hand or arm, most of the brands do that at least so you can compare the shades together even though the studio lights don’t allow an exact representation
She’s ever so tall that main presenter with a very strong face. :mysmilie_11:

I’m amazed that they didn’t at least show little squirts of the foundation on somebody’s hand or arm, most of the brands do that at least so you can compare the shades together even though the studio lights don’t allow an exact representation

She's one of the older Beta43X models of automaton. They've made huge advances in microtechnology and can make smaller models now and the synth skin doesn't dissolve on contact with CC+ creams so in future they'll be able to swatch the products for us. The newer models of cyborg presenters also have better inbuilt speech technology and don't call those face palettes "Jenner Say Kwar". It's marvellous what they can do but QVC is behind as usual, a bit like with their website.

That's what I have said before, some swatches would be good. Last time they had a TSV with the CC cream Pipa showed the swatches on her arm.

After solemnly swearing NOT to buy more beauty products I ordered the TSV. In the original IT CC foundation I use Fair and it works almost all year round. I have a couple of tubes stockpiled so went for the Light TSV for use in the Summer, and it arrived yesterday. I wasn't able to test it until this morning so here are my observations:

The tubes: CC in Fair and Illuminating CC in Light look virtually the same, side by side, in the tube. This gave me confidence to try it (at my palest) and the TSV foundation as expected is deeper but not overly yellow or orange on my skin and, 7 hours later, it hasn't altered or gone orange or shimmery or greasy-looking. There's no obvious shimmer at all and I didn't need to apply powder, but did because it was in the compact. Blusher - lovely shade, bronzer - good not too deep and is definitely matte. I used it on my eyes with the highlighter and at a pinch these would work if I have to pack light. The highighter pressed powder sheds quite a bit whereas the other 3 pans didn't using the same brush. The palette pans are each around 6g(slight variations but roughly the same). Between 4.5g and 5g are now the standard sizes for Laura Geller's baked blushers (they've down-sized from the original 9g Blush n Brighten compacts). I doubt I'd need a new one in 90 days so don't really understand the AD supplying identical contents every few months. Already use and like the mascara - used to like the Doll 10 one but prefer this. I'm not keen on double-ended brushes - they don't sit in a pot on my dressing table without squashing one of the brush-heads. I suppose I'll keep it for travel or may give it to my daughter.

I'm glad I didn't buy the recent Laura Geller TSV and wasn't planning to buy this but I'm glad I did. Will I stick with It Cosmetics? No! I'm a fickle make up user and will probably use other brands if they take my fancy. None of the It Cosmetics lip products appeal to me but I have plenty of Doll10 (for natural looks) and Joan Collins for more impact, so I don't like TSV's with lipsticks or eye liners (I have a mountain of eye pencils I'll never manage to get though)

During the It hour with Julia they showed foundation swatches on a model's arm and the Light and Medium looked about the same depth of colour but definitely not the same tones. I wonder whether the Medium is more neutral, if it is, it might be a better choice for my Summer foundation. I might keep an eye on ebay for a bargain to give it a whirl. If your foundation is too deep I can recommend the Body Shop's Shade Adjusting Drops (£11 but often on offer). I've resurrected and used up lots of half-used tubes by blending to the perfect colour.

I have tried my TSV today and it looks ok on my face. I will keep it for the summer as not worth me sending back when you calculate p&p and return costs. I used the Palette on my eyes as well Akimbo so a good all rounder.
I really need to get a grip and stop buying all this make-up but think this is one of the nicest quality TSV'S for ages.

After solemnly swearing NOT to buy more beauty products I ordered the TSV. In the original IT CC foundation I use Fair and it works almost all year round. I have a couple of tubes stockpiled so went for the Light TSV for use in the Summer, and it arrived yesterday. I wasn't able to test it until this morning so here are my observations:

The tubes: CC in Fair and Illuminating CC in Light look virtually the same, side by side, in the tube. This gave me confidence to try it (at my palest) and the TSV foundation as expected is deeper but not overly yellow or orange on my skin and, 7 hours later, it hasn't altered or gone orange or shimmery or greasy-looking. There's no obvious shimmer at all and I didn't need to apply powder, but did because it was in the compact. Blusher - lovely shade, bronzer - good not too deep and is definitely matte. I used it on my eyes with the highlighter and at a pinch these would work if I have to pack light. The highighter pressed powder sheds quite a bit whereas the other 3 pans didn't using the same brush. The palette pans are each around 6g(slight variations but roughly the same). Between 4.5g and 5g are now the standard sizes for Laura Geller's baked blushers (they've down-sized from the original 9g Blush n Brighten compacts). I doubt I'd need a new one in 90 days so don't really understand the AD supplying identical contents every few months. Already use and like the mascara - used to like the Doll 10 one but prefer this. I'm not keen on double-ended brushes - they don't sit in a pot on my dressing table without squashing one of the brush-heads. I suppose I'll keep it for travel or may give it to my daughter.

I'm glad I didn't buy the recent Laura Geller TSV and wasn't planning to buy this but I'm glad I did. Will I stick with It Cosmetics? No! I'm a fickle make up user and will probably use other brands if they take my fancy. None of the It Cosmetics lip products appeal to me but I have plenty of Doll10 (for natural looks) and Joan Collins for more impact, so I don't like TSV's with lipsticks or eye liners (I have a mountain of eye pencils I'll never manage to get though)

During the It hour with Julia they showed foundation swatches on a model's arm and the Light and Medium looked about the same depth of colour but definitely not the same tones. I wonder whether the Medium is more neutral, if it is, it might be a better choice for my Summer foundation. I might keep an eye on ebay for a bargain to give it a whirl. If your foundation is too deep I can recommend the Body Shop's Shade Adjusting Drops (£11 but often on offer). I've resurrected and used up lots of half-used tubes by blending to the perfect colour.
Could you tell how much more deeper the light shade is commpared to the fair shade, please? I am "fair" in the original CC as well.

Last edited:
I’ve not watched ant live hours only the videos online ... but have they actually demonstrated using any of the makeup
All I’ve seen is the presenters waving the products around

Sorry these were taken v quickly so don't follow logically left to right.

The photo of the tubes "Light" in the Illuminating CC is left and Fair in original CC is right.

The blobs and swatches: Fair CC is left and Light Illuminating CC right.

BUT...and it's a big but...

In the pictures the difference is more noticeable; in real life it isn't so marked. Also once blended there's only a slight difference, perfect for my very slightly darker Summer skin-tone. I should have done a thinly spread comparison with hindsight. In terms of illumination - I can't see much difference but there's not much more than very grey daylight here today. I'm definitely not sparkling!

If you're unsure about the TSV but want the palette go with Fair, and warm it up with the Bronzer or take a chance with Light for later in the year. Sorry it still be a bit vague but hope it helps.

Attachments

• CC Foundation (1).jpg
    CC Foundation (1).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 177
  • CC Foundation (3).jpg
    CC Foundation (3).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 180
  • CC Foundation (4).jpg
    CC Foundation (4).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 157
Thank you so much! From the pictures I would never buy the light option, that is way too dark for me and too yellow. I have seen some more reviews on the light shade and no, not for me. Thanks again!

Can anyone get to the reviews of this? Even going through my order history I can only get a “ oops this seems to have been popular” message up.

I think the TSV set "sold out" - they seem to pull items that finish with advanced orders, rather than leave the advanced orders running at the higher QVC price. Maybe they do it to avoid reviews? There might be reviews showing on the individual items which are showing on the website: the compact item #235312 and the foundation item #235312. Also if you bought the TSV and want to leave reviews it gets around the sell-out of the TSV.

Latest posts

Back