Is it time for Simon Brown to move on?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Lets put it this way. Simon Brown is too accomplished as a presenter to be doing Cooks Essentials for the rest of his career. Although i like him and find him very easy to watch i have to say i am getting just a teeny weeny bit bored of his CE presentations.

He is easily good enough to take a role as a presenter, he did it on SHOP! years ago, but i assume that Q dont agree, or that it has been offered and he has refused.

So, the question. Shoould he move on? and if so what next for Simon? and who would you have taking over as guest for CE?

I've wondered if he has taken up running with Simon Biagi. He has that runners gaunt look, not good IMO so maybe he could give JR's scissors a rest and do Pilates shows! Let Dale do CE shows on his own and try and present "deadpan" :doh: and put his smirk to rest for an hour.

I've wondered if he has taken up running with Simon Biagi. He has that runners gaunt look, not good IMO so maybe he could give JR's scissors a rest and do Pilates shows! Let Dale do CE shows on his own and try and present "deadpan" :doh: and put his smirk to rest for an hour.

no more Dale, please......

Maybe we need new blood then! Male or female, not bothered, pretty bored overall with Q at the mo but looking forward to Titanic jewellery Tuesday but not the titanic price tag I bet.

I really like Simon but agree it's become boring along with all the other shows. I think the problem is more to do with the "same old", "same old" goods, rarely any new ranges. I watch less and less these days.

Perhaps Michel Roux Jr would like to pop along for an expert view on Q's products? :heart: - sorry Simon!

Cooks Essentials was better when we had Adrienne doing her school dinners/home economics style of presentation. More spotted dick and pink custard please!

I like SB in the kitchen,but it is getting very boring with the same products every time. Adrienne in the kitchen made me nervous, she looked like an accident waiting to happen,she is yet another guest I no longer watch...

i think he is the best presenter for cooks essentials he does an excellent job in this role but i would not think he has the panache to do general presenting on qvc.

Simon was also a presenter on TGH, Toys, Games and Hobbies, a VERY short lived shopping channel, anyone else remember that?

he reminds me of steve whatley whom i adored but steve was more swish..better looking

I liked all the Shop presenters tbh, but only a couple of them have remained on the scene so to speak ie Dean Wilson,Anthony Heywood and Dave Bradford....so it was good to see Simon back on our screens and yes I think he should be main presenter. Unlike the other channels I didn't dislike any of the presenters, they were all good and all got along well together. Debbie Jones, Ali Cooke, Kim Hughes, Jilly brookes?, Jo Blakeway....what happened to them? Andy Crane used to present on shop as well if I remember rightly!

Wasn't he also on Snatchit?

Jude xx

Don't remember that, but he was a presenter on The Jewellery Channel (TJC)

Hate cooking, so it follows I hate cookery/ kitchen shows
BUT
I'd watch if Harald Glööckler presented! Yay!

Don't remember that, but he was a presenter on The Jewellery Channel (TJC)Hate cooking, so it follows I hate cookery/ kitchen shows
BUT
I'd watch if Harald Glööckler presented! Yay!

I remember him on TJC - was a bit surprised when he turned up cooking on QVC before I read about him being a Home Economist. I don't mind him - think he'd make an ok presenter. Liked Anthony Heywood best out of all the male presenters - shame he disappeared off into the wide blue.

anthony is lovely does the job well but dosent take it all toooo seriously...strikes the right balance with information, looks and not being irritating!

Latest posts

Back