Is it time for Simon Brown to move on?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thought I'd bump this thread, as although I had no interest in the TSV yesterday I thought Simon Brown was ****** brilliant. It makes a huge difference when they actually focus on the product, doesn't it? Simon really talks about the product and all its uses. not sure he would be better as a presenter though, as this would require the same level of effort for every product category he has to cover, and he clearly knows his stuff on the kitcheny category. He could replace that women they have making icecream in a blender though, Simon could cover those shows. He would still need a presenter to "steer" him a bit though as I reckon he would get so involved in a product feature he may forget to move on to the rest.
He nearly had me buying silicone oven liner yesterday and using it to line all my cups and saucers and drinks trays when I am the hostess with the mostest!

i like him from his knowledge but I just think he looks like he needs a wash

He's a good presenter and has some nice recipes for the great products he is demoing. His custard was lumpy even though he whisked it with his superdooper whisker and he cleverly stopped the lumps at the bottom going into the saucepan. It maybe that in a real kitchen he would have stopped the lumps going in anyway and he was not trying to conceal it from us. A cooked tomato rolled off the plate on to the floor in a later demo - no change of expression on his face.

The camera operators have to be on the ball for the cooking demos. When knives fail to chop the tomatoes, cakes burn, sauces stick in the pans. All great QVC live entertainment. Nowadays so much is pre-recorded on tv.

Love Simon, I bought the silicone liner yesterday. It was hilarious in the hour I watched when the centre of his cake fell out leaving the rest and the silicone liner behind. Just one of those live TV moments, very funny but he handled it well.

Simon is gay. I once saw him at gay pride in Manchester hand in hand with a bloke. He's very small.

That's not to say he hasn't adopted kids of course. Or maybe one of them has them from a previous, that's very common these days.

I remember him saying his partner grows veggies and he cooks them, a fine arrangement if like me you can kill plants with a sideways glance.

I bet the "children" are a couple of cats. You know what we're like with kitties!

When I saw him he was dressed in full leather. As was the boyfie. Stil want to buy his silicone liner? He's probably at home now making a pair of underpants out of the demo roll.

I remember him saying his partner grows veggies and he cooks them, a fine arrangement if like me you can kill plants with a sideways glance.

hmm this strikes a chord with me, but only with veg ! I've got 2 tomato and 3 runner bean plants on my patio which seem to be in their death throes. Thank goodness for my local greengrocer

Linda xx

I bet the "children" are a couple of cats. You know what we're like with kitties!

When I saw him he was dressed in full leather. As was the boyfie. Stil want to buy his silicone liner? He's probably at home now making a pair of underpants out of the demo roll.
You do come out with some very funny posts BurlyBear:grin:

Latest posts

Back