Is Charlie watching us?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Judging by the photograph of a pie someone posted on Q`s facebook page yesterday, it might be difficult to talk whilst eating. The pie pic has been subject of people saying it looked as if there was gauze in it or somesuch. Mighty tough to chew ..
This is the pic someone posted on Q`s page. Looks horrible.
View attachment 11057

Oh my word, looks like gauze too! Yuk! Are they trying to pad these pies out, make the minuscule filling look more? Mind you, are people really naive enough to think that the pies on the presentation the same quality as the ones they'll receive? Surely not.

Oh my word, looks like gauze too! Yuk! Are they trying to pad these pies out, make the minuscule filling look more? Mind you, are people really naive enough to think that the pies on the presentation the same quality as the ones they'll receive? Surely not.

QVC have said its connective tissue and fully edible. Not to me it isn`t !

i dont even think they make the pies themselves. each pie of the same flavour i had was totally different. different seasoning, vastly diiferent filling amounts, some were very dry some had a tiny amount of sauce. nothing consistent barring the quality.
that "connective tissue looks like dishcloth. horrible brand.
pukka pies are much nicer

Well that's the most perfectly aligned, symmetrical connective tissue I've ever seen, you can see its gauze, that knocked me sick that, makes me glad I don't buy from QVC and don't eat meat, mind you even when I used to shop with QVC years ago, I never bought food, I didn't fancy taking out a second mortgage for it :mysmilie_17:

Er...."connective tissue"? Translation of exactly what that means, please Q. I thought we'd been hearing they were packed full of only prime pieces of meat/chicken, etc. etc.??

Well folks, only this week I purchased a pack of chorizo sausage and ate them over a couple of packed lunches.i have done this many times in the past but not this particular pack(M&S). Everything fine, got some more and Mr L went to make up lunch yesterday only to read the pack and informed that they required cooking and stated not to be eaten raw!

Like salami I normally eat as it comes and occasionally use in cooked dishes.

However I'm still here but decided not to push my luck.

Each to their own, but I think Charlie's great. He comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke with a very natural warmth and wit.

I don't think Simon Brown minds one bit when he scoffs all the food, the pair of them clearly get on like a house on fire and I've seen them both give each other the giggles more than once.

He probably gets a lot of comments on Twitter, well what do you expect when a shopping tv presenter has an account, waiting and hoping for all those adoring messages to boost their ego. I don't do FB or Twitter, wouldn't think anyone would be interested in my day, I wouldn't have the interest anyway to Tweet that I've just been shopping or out for a meal with husband.

There are so many people out there who give these presenters "the star treatment" they forget that they are just sales persons who get a lot more money than some very hard working sales persons on the high street. I have had suspicions for a while that they come here for a nose around, because some have taken note .
Simon Biaggi does not show his grey haired chest anymore.
Alison Keenan has had her cut short....and has tried to slow down her talking a bit.(I think she forgets some times)
Alison Young does not wear some of her ghastly clothes.
Julia has given her toe-posts a rest.
Pippa does not scream "yeah, yeah, yeah" as much as before.
Jilly Halliday actually does some presentations standing up :happy:

At least we are honest and hope that they may see some of their faults and try to change. We are a lot better than whoever said to Julia that she looked good in that shiny top:mysmilie_47:

He makes me feel ill the amount of free food he shoves in his gob. As for this forum it is fab and I would miss it if it was not here so thank you Graham and the Mods x

One Christmas he even ate some mince pies that were left there are props :mysmilie_17: He was doing a presentation with Charlie Bears . I like to see people eat and enjoy their food, but don't like to see people talking with too much food in their mouth.

There are so many people out there who give these presenters "the star treatment" they forget that they are just sales persons who get a lot more money than some very hard working sales persons on the high street. I have had suspicions for a while that they come here for a nose around, because some have taken note .
Simon Biaggi does not show his grey haired chest anymore.
Alison Keenan has had her cut short....and has tried to slow down her talking a bit.(I think she forgets some times)
Alison Young does not wear some of her ghastly clothes.
Julia has given her toe-posts a rest.
Pippa does not scream "yeah, yeah, yeah" as much as before.
Jilly Halliday actually does some presentations standing up :happy:

At least we are honest and hope that they may see some of their faults and try to change. We are a lot better than whoever said to Julia that she looked good in that shiny top:mysmilie_47:

Do you really think they have changed? I'm afraid I don't see any improvement at all, in fact they are getting more annoying habits by the day. Perhaps it's me

I'm not knocking Twitter, it's just social media (except this site) isn't for me, I haven't got the time or interest to tweet of FB, but yes I can see it's probably got good points.
I have a facebook account that I don't look in for weeks. On New Years Eve, I was informed by my friend's daughter that Facebook is for oldies,:talking: those who are "with it" are on Twitter, Whatsapp and Instagram and those working have Linkedin as well I said I was happy with just looking in my Facebook one in a while :happy:
The more social media one is on, the more vulnerable one becomes. They are just nosey parkers!

i dont even think they make the pies themselves. each pie of the same flavour i had was totally different. different seasoning, vastly diiferent filling amounts, some were very dry some had a tiny amount of sauce. nothing consistent barring the quality.
that "connective tissue looks like dishcloth. horrible brand.
pukka pies are much nicer

They don't look like connective tissue to me (unless they are some kind of fibers used to connect small pieces of meat together to make that look like a bigger piece of meat:thinking: )
Anyway, if I saw that in my pie, I would not eat any more, I will be sick:puke::puke:

Well that's the most perfectly aligned, symmetrical connective tissue I've ever seen, you can see its gauze, that knocked me sick that, makes me glad I don't buy from QVC and don't eat meat, mind you even when I used to shop with QVC years ago, I never bought food, I didn't fancy taking out a second mortgage for it :mysmilie_17:

Exactly, I had that pic enlarged :mysmilie_43: I have not seen any cooked connecting tissue before, I know they look like a kind of webbing,so I cannot swear that it isn't :mysmilie_11: Whatever it is, it has put me right off .

sdfx8p.jpg

sounds like qvc are now proud to announce connective tissue in thier pies. WHO WANTS THAT IN THIER FOOD

It makes me wonder whether someone had a gauze finger bandage on and it fell off during the preparation. It certainly looks 'man-made.' Yuck!

Latest posts

Back