is B&W gone tacky ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mak

Registered Shopper
i am probably going to offend a lot of people ( not my intention) by even mentioning the two words in the same sentence but i have been watching B&W for a long time on QVC and IMO ( so dont shoot ) simon wilsons accessories and jewellery have gone a bit tacky the clarification came last night during the fashion essentials hour , even though they were popular i thought the bags looked cheap especially the shiny animal print which i think sold out. i think that a lot has to do with the materials he uses, personally i dont see animal print pvc as classy or vintage but each to their own.

i just think that most of the items he has done in the last year or so have been like something you would see on a bad market stall but at a high cost which i think is unfair to those who like his jewellery + accessories.

cheap materials should = reasonably priced goods

am i alone in my opinion ?

No mak, you are not alone. IMO Butler and Wilson's products are cheap looking and very overpriced. Market-stall springs to mind with me too.

I agree with all of the above....only their really expensive jewellery (in the B&W Shop) is nice - my sister bought a stunning necklace for her wedding day from the shop - was over £150 though....

their QVC stuff is absolutely hideous (in my opinion)....

I bought the guitar brooches for my daughters as he said these were made in the UK but were the last of their type as most were now made in China. He said some of his earlier designs made in the UK were highly collectible as they were limited designs and are now classics. I must admit I was impressed with the quality and my girls (maybe not to hurt my feelings) said they were nice...I've never actually seen them wear them :rolleyes:. I think because he is losing his UK production and getting larger quantities made abroad (China?) he is losing the quaintness and just settling for quantity over quality. To answer your question...
Is Butler & Wilson gone tacky?
Is the pope cathelic?

I agree with all of the above....only their really expensive jewellery (in the B&W Shop) is nice - my sister bought a stunning necklace for her wedding day from the shop - was over £150 though....

their QVC stuff is absolutely hideous (in my opinion)....

I think the qvc stuff is definitely inferior to their main range. There was a forum member here (sorry I can't remeber who it was!) who got a gorgeous B&W skull tiara a few months ago from their website, it was expensive too but it really looked worth it. The qvc items don't really compare.

i am probably going to offend a lot of people ( not my intention) by even mentioning the two words in the same sentence but i have been watching B&W for a long time on QVC and IMO ( so dont shoot ) simon wilsons accessories and jewellery have gone a bit tacky the clarification came last night during the fashion essentials hour , even though they were popular i thought the bags looked cheap especially the shiny animal print which i think sold out. i think that a lot has to do with the materials he uses, personally i dont see animal print pvc as classy or vintage but each to their own.

i just think that most of the items he has done in the last year or so have been like something you would see on a bad market stall but at a high cost which i think is unfair to those who like his jewellery + accessories.

cheap materials should = reasonably priced goods

am i alone in my opinion ?

Hi Mak, I have bought a couple of items lately brooche's mainly that are lovely. Personally i'm no animal print fan either or pvc come to that, and it seems quite popular as other designers use the same. I for one didnt like the bags but it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same :)

Thought this was going to be a thread about leaving B & W plastic Handbags too near radiators.

Last edited:
I've not been much a fan of B&W either although was watching one show and went and bought a nice necklace with 2 skulls on but other than that much of it looks OTT to me really don't like the bags at all but I'm not into all those leopard prints

Ive only ever bought the hair ? Barrettes ? , they are really well made and ahve lasted years , however I stopped buying when I got a moon and star one which wouldnt have looked out of place in Claires accesories at a tenth of the price . The London shop is a lovley place to go and browse tho.

bought the stilletoe shoe earings for my daughter last christmas and they are really nice she gets a lot of compliments when she wears them, but saying that i think a lot of the stuff is not all that good especially the handbags unless they are the jewelled ones. think a lot of the stuff is nicer in the shop in london.

For those of you that love it - great. To me - it's overpriced bling.

The shows are good for a laugh and the stuff is a dream for five year old's dressing up box!

Latest posts

Back